ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Onyemaobi

Rebels are recruiting him as a WR, which he would prefer to play. Cal wants him to play DB

Nebraska was in to see him early this morning. News/ updates on targets should be coming in fast and furious now that the dead period is over.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Nebraska officially offered him this morning. I like that UNLV is battling big schools for talent. Let's hope his Vegas visit goes well this weekend.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
MO just landed in Fort Worth to begin his TCU visit. With Cal no longer in the picture, it's becoming a 3-school race between UNLV, Nebraska, and TCU.

Last edited:
Reactions: Subtlety
It's crazy that now we are even in the race with schools like those with many recruits

MO just landed in Fort Worth to begin his TCU visit. With Cal no longer in the picture, it's becoming a 3-school race between UNLV, Nebraska, and TCU.
Well, we certainly can't compete in terms of success, so I guess it depends what he's looking for. Hopefully the hype with the new practice facility, new stadium deal, etc is enticing

I think about one third of NFL players played at a non-P5 school, so I think that the coaches would make sure to mention that when recruiting against P5 schools. Also, I think that over half of the Dallas Cowboys roster played at a non-P5 school.

He is obviously using twitter to keep in contact with people, wouldn't hurt to follow him just to show UNLV fan support.
It's down to UNLV, TCU and Nebraska right now and he is currently in Lincoln for his OV. If he wants to play WR, then he'll be a Rebel. If he wants to play DB, then he'll go to TCU or Nebraska. Would be a massive win to pull this off because he is a highly underrated talent. If he hadn't committed to Cal all the way back in May and had played the recruiting game, he would have been a 4 Star by now.

CTS probably can't RS him either for him to come here. Neb. could RS him though, they have a ton of talent at both WR or DB. TCU I have no clue.

CTS probably can't RS him either for him to come here. Neb. could RS him though, they have a ton of talent at both WR or DB. TCU I have no clue.
One of the things he likes about UNLV is that Barney guarantees that he will not RS if he shows up ready to play. He wants to play early. TCU and Nebraska have told him that he will play early as a DB.

Posted his final 3, TCU, Nebraska, & Iowa State. :(
I'm a little surprised that the Clones took UNLV's spot but I still think it's between TCU & Nebraska. Having a great visit at Nebraska. Really impressed with the facilities and the stadium. Those are two things that we have no control over right now.

I'm a little surprised that the Clones took UNLV's spot but I still think it's between TCU & Nebraska. Having a great visit at Nebraska. Really impressed with the facilities and the stadium. Those are two things that we have no control over right now.
Me too. I'm guessing Nebraska. I still like that UNLV is making enough of an impression that we are in the mix for some solid players, even if they commit to another program. In the next few years we will be able to keep players that would have passed on us before.

Reactions: Sam-I-am
Me too. I'm guessing Nebraska. I still like that UNLV is making enough of an impression that we are in the mix for some solid players, even if they commit to another program. In the next few years we will be able to keep players that would have passed on us before.
Indeed. Get the new facilities and the new stadium and we'll be able to do a ton more in recruiting.

We need to send players to the NFL. That is why Boise State can compete with P5 schools for players.

We need to send players to the NFL. That is why Boise State can compete with P5 schools for players.
It will happen when we get the new facilities and the new stadium. I think a kid with serious NFL expectations is going to pick UNLV over an Iowa State type Power 5 program when he sees that he'll be playing in an NFL stadium where Raider scouts will have their own box for the games and those Raider scouts can come watch him at every single practice by just walking out of the office.

Tau, McTyer and Valaoga all have a shot this year at being late round guys, potential free agent signings. Good luck to them and hopefully it helps bring some nice pub to the program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT