ADVERTISEMENT

May as well - line 'em up, UNLV vs UNR

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
Seeing 11's and 12's around, of course UNR is the favorite.

Hoping (heart) UNLV gets their act together for the rest of the way but my head and eyes say it's a long way off. And it's not that UNR is good - they're in the same shape as everyone else in conference - not good enough for the NCAAT except via a conference tournament championship. But UNLV has looked lifeless. And UNR is doing everything they can to pump up their fans and team for this game. Oliver is a load and UNR can really shoot it from deep. It might be a long night because if they have the opportunity to clobber us, I think they will. And I think that's what the players expecting - so throwing a wrench into those plans and keeping it close could enable UNLV to pull out a win.

If this were a typical 1st place vs 11th place game I wouldn't think there's a chance. But that one is mediocre while the other struggles, who knows? We have to pop out of the funk at some point.

For the hell of it, I'm going to stick with the illogical. UNLV will come out with that once a year game everyone seems to have that says "where in the hell did that come from? We should be seeing this every game!"

UNLV 74
UNR 69

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News