ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Coug is going to have a heart attack soon

Ha ha. I've opined on this already on my board and the WCS board. Here, I'll just copy and paste my comments from the latter (below). And BTW, I am a heart patient who has had 2 heart attacks and 3 stents. This article doesn't faze me, in fact reinforces what I have been saying all along.

This quote from our current hopelessly incompetent Commissioner slays me.

"I don't know if the Mountain West thinks they need these two schools, honestly," Gould said. "I would imagine If and when those conversations ever take place it's going to be based in part on the economics of the decision and what they bring to the table."

If and when those conversations EVER take place? Are you F-ing kidding me? So she has not sat and talked to Gloria? "If and when"?

My increasingly stupid Coug brethren still think that the Mtn West is the cute drunk chick at the bar who will still be there at closing time if we can't hook up with the hot chick.

The media prognosis in the article is interesting. "They" say that the Pac-2 would move the needle 10 or maybe 15% from your CURRENT deal? Which the article says is $45 million split between 11 teams (Not Hawaii I think?). You guys know the numbers. I would assume that the MW expects a solid increase in the next contract, Pac-2 or not. So 10-15% up and above whatever the new deal would otherwise be? Well, at this point that's not so horrible for the 11/12 schools who would get that is it? The article also speculates that the Pac-2's 11 game agreement is about a million per game. OK, so that would be $6 million for WSU's 6 home games. Quite a bit more than the MW gets currently. So not to debate numbers, but they are a little loose IMHO.

To continue, I am becoming less concerned about salvaging the $30M in post-2025 NCAA BB monies as I am about having a home and keeping the rest of our "war chest". If that means saying F it and joining the MW, then fine. To me the biggest advantage to the reverse merger, beyond our $30M, is being able to restructure the MW's bylaws to lessen penalties on leaving and nixing the BSU premium. Unless the MW can and wants to do that themselves. Not that I would want WSU to jump, but several of you have future aspirations.

The MW would be smart (and Gloria is) to just say, well Pac-2, we aren't going to extend our affiliation agreement for 2025. If you want to instead join us, get your hats in your hands and schedule an appointment.

Finally, it was opined elsewhere that maybe some MW schools (possibly ones that start with a "B") might not want the Pac-2 in their league, because we would be strong competitors for the title and probable CFP berth. WSU has a solid team this year, with 2 good QB's. We are going to win some games in this schedule. Dunno about OSU. Thoughts and ridicule are welcome.
:)

I have no interest in the continuation of kissing up to Boise State! UNLV is becoming the power of this conference, just look at the 2025 recruiting class in comparison to BSU, and as long as BSU gets a sweetheart deal, we need to merge out of the MWC!

Get us out of this dump of a conference.

Join Big 12!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT