ADVERTISEMENT

Los Lobos

Pistol Pete 1

Retired Number
Sep 22, 2008
Interesting article on Coach Weir and decision to abandon man to man defense in favor of 2-3 zone.
https://www.abqjournal.com/1265206/weir-changes-up-defense-to-guide-lobos-to-new-heights.html

The article states they are picking up out high which should open up a lot of room for Joel to operate. Once again we will need a very good performance from him to be successful although given our 3 pt shooting woes they may lead decide to pack it in a little. Hopefully Clyburn, Robo and Hardy can loosen things up a bit.

Rebounding, free throw shooting & turnovers need to remain our strengths as well as keeping fresh legs in the game playing at altitude for the first time this year.

I don't see a W in the cards here. We're easy to prep for; neutralize our lone scoring threat and let the rest of the team clank away from deep.

If only my cup could be half full again...

At some point in the season, a bunch of guys should all be hot shooters. Like the BYU game. We shoot poorly almost every game. Bottom line , gotta make shots to beat people. Maybe tonight things start clicking. I’m a firm believer that when a team is playing a good zone against us, more effort needs to be on pushing the ball and taking it to the hole, or a quick dish, before they set up. We are really not very good at “working it around “... This is an important game in my mind for how this conference season might play out. Rebs need a big win. Also, Joe or somebody correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems we usually play pretty good at the Pit...

At some point in the season, a bunch of guys should all be hot shooters. Like the BYU game. We shoot poorly almost every game. Bottom line , gotta make shots to beat people. Maybe tonight things start clicking. I’m a firm believer that when a team is playing a good zone against us, more effort needs to be on pushing the ball and taking it to the hole, or a quick dish, before they set up. We are really not very good at “working it around “... This is an important game in my mind for how this conference season might play out. Rebs need a big win. Also, Joe or somebody correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems we usually play pretty good at the Pit...
It’s kind of been feast or famine at the Pit. Whether the Lobos are good or bad or the Rebels are good or bad. But yeah, we’ve had some success there. It’s not the intimidating place it was in the 90’s and early 2000’s and some of the Alford years. It’s lost it’s luster a bit.

Don’t know that any HCA has declined as much as the Rebs, though.

Beck looked like me trying to play a pick up game after a hippie speedball. Always good to see the rebels put that haggard old lobo down though.

125-84

That's the combined 2nd half scores of our three MWC games. Or +13.67 average per.

If I didn't know better (having read the Rebel-Net posts, so I realize that he sucks), I might think that the Coach knows something about half-time adjustments.

Must be dumb luck...:eyes:

Well, I will be the first to admit that this is a great deal of role reversal. Usually we are getting pounded in conference like a desperate .......... on the set of a .......... movie.

Fill in the blanks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT