ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OFF TOPIC Looking for suggestions....

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
I'm so damn loaded up on vacation time that I cannot collect anymore. My problem has been it's been nearly impossible to break away from work at all, just ... too much work to do and it falls on me.

Still, unless I plan something in advance, it simply won't happen.

I want to get the family away for a few days, a week, in June but there are some pretty severe limitations, none of my own doing because I can go anywhere, anytime, I don't give a sht, I just go with the flow.

... keep in mind I have a 7 year old girl and a 6 year old (autistic) boy. Flying is out of the question right now. At some point, I'll take him on a quick flight and back from somewhere to get him used to flying but for right now, ain't happening.

... California, I think, is out. Can't rely on what the moron Governor is going to change last minute and I'll intentionally cough in the face of any Karen's with mask issues on an autistic boy.

... So it has to be driving distance. Not enough time right now to make it a long road trip. I prefer driving myself anyway, it's relaxing.

... GF isn't super outdoorsy. I am. I'm good with beach, mountains, city, country, it doesn't matter. She does enjoy Utah/Cedar Mountain/Duck Creek/Panguitch fishing though ... but we've done that so many times I'm kind of sick of it.

Any decent recommendations?

So far I've come up with, aside from Duck Creek ... Scottsdale (Great Wolf Lodge Indoor water park) .... Prescott/Sedona/Grand Canyon .... South Tahoe ... Staycation at a resort with big upgrades .... Cali is on the table I guess - really don't want to deal with it.... San Diego, Zoo, beaches, etc ... Legoland ... Montana, Yellowstone/Bozeman .... Maybe heading through the Rockies to Denver area to meet up with @attorneygeneral for beers ... Texas is a bit too far right now, at least for this trip .... would rent a huge ass motor home for something like that though .... Zion is out for whatever fkn reason, she doesn't like it....

Any unique ideas that I might be missing relatively close by?

Depending on my son's schedule, I'll take two or three weeks off later in the summer and can do something more extended...

I gotta be missing something decent ... mind doesn't populate with bright ideas too often anymore. Thanks.

Reactions: UNLV Rebel1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News