ADVERTISEMENT

Lol

D

Deleted member 308

wtf was that last drive of the half.

Armani does not know how to do anything but scramble. He is not able to throw to the sticks, or the sideline. He gave the ball to a run up the middle on 3rd and long with under a minute left.

Then he scramble for what, to slip and fall.

He’s a gimmick QB. and he is not going grow to be anything more.

Have to agree and he is going to get Sanchez fired
It’s a serious man crush/love affair. If he continues to be adamant about playing Armani it may very well cost him his job. Now that I have said that He will throw 4 td’s. Oblad is the guy they need in there.

The thing that is supposed to set QB’s apart is their ability to pass the football.

Reactions: UNLVbro
The back up QB is always the most popular guy on the team from the fans.

But Armanis gimmick is pretty freaking good.

Way too premature to say that Armani wojt develop. Its easy to say that tonight were his arm has been especially bad in slippery weather.

He may not ever get there, but the has been evidence that he is getting better

Way too premature to say that Armani wojt develop.

He’s not a frosh anymore. We have seen what will be his greatest jump in development. And it is so minuscule that it can not be measured.

He is not a QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would ride with Armani, too. I like Coach Sanchez and I like his decision. Armani will tears this conference apart once he get those short passes down.

Reactions: Sam-I-am
This will be below .500 to finish the season. You heard it here first.
Go back to Mugtang's site. This football team might not be receivers driven but it will works if the receivers are smart. Like catching some 50/50 ball.

Way too premature to say that Armani wojt develop. Its easy to say that tonight were his arm has been especially bad in slippery weather.

But they told us how accurate he was in Fall Scrimmage. Must have been against the 3’rd stringers

I would ride with Armani, too. I like Coach Sanchez and I like his decision. Armani will tears this conference apart once he get those short passes down.

Well Sanchez will be fired at the end of the season and Amari will transfer, so enjoy it while you can.

Where is the evidence that he is becoming a better QB?? pretty sure his completion percentage is around 45% for the season, more times than not when he drops back he takes off running after reading the first option and its not open. His YPA are down from last year and just overall seems to try to rely on his feet more this year. He is not improving, I wish he was i'm a die hard fan but I just don't see it as of now.

Where is the evidence that he is becoming a better QB?? pretty sure his completion percentage is around 45% for the season, more times than not when he drops back he takes off running after reading the first option and its not open. His YPA are down from last year and just overall seems to try to rely on his feet more this year. He is not improving, I wish he was i'm a die hard fan but I just don't see it as of now.
He is not improving as a passing QB, he is improving in his decisions and running QB

He is not improving as a passing QB, he is improving in his decisions and running QB

got it, if we can't pass the ball doesn't matter how good of a runner he is, he is going to get lit up with 8 in the box, he was already hobbling around tonight, and if he was making better decisions he might want to try running out of bounds or sliding every so often, just saying. Not to mention the 3 picks. We need to keep them honest if we want our run game to perform at it's full potential. I'm not asking a lot, but something like a little over a 50% mark with 150 yards a game give or take is all we need to perform at our highest. And that is not asking a lot form a QB.

Reactions: j. spilotro
Here is your evidence. For the year Armani is now 34-82 for a whopping 369 yds with 5 td’s and 4 interceptions. In case you are wondering that is 41% completion percentage. Down from the low 50’s last year.

Get used to seeing 7, 8 & 9 guys loading up the box against us. He didn’t throw one short ball over the middle to keep the LB’s honest. The playbook is not being opened up with him in there. The staff is losing confidence in him.

He’s NOT becoming better. He’s becoming better as a runner because he’s running more because he can’t throw it. Slippery balls were nowhere to be found the first three games and the wet ball didn’t stop Ark State from completing 14 more passes and 3 more touchdowns and three less interceptions and for 9X as many yards. Wet ball my ass, it’s an excuse. Let’s call it what it was; the (probably) worst passing performance in UNLV history. That’s hard to do.

He’s NOT becoming better. He’s becoming better as a runner because he’s running more because he can’t throw it. Slippery balls were nowhere to be found the first three games and the wet ball didn’t stop Ark State from completing 14 more passes and 3 more touchdowns and three less interceptions and for 9X as many yards. Wet ball my ass, it’s an excuse. Let’s call it what it was; the (probably) worst passing performance in UNLV history. That’s hard to do.
Tell us how you really feel about that performance tonight! Sanchez really needs to be getting Gilliam a lot of reps and preparing to make a change if things don’t change by halftime of the next game.

Sanchez deserves to be fired if he doesn't make a bowl. He is one of the worst game managers in the game. Going for 2 was beyond stupid. They were lost with the hurry up. 12 men on the field. Plus calls a timeout on 3rd and 20. He is a moron as far as I'm concerned.

Tell us how you really feel about that performance tonight!
If it’s the best we got, there’s no choice. But is it the best we got? I’m thinking it probably is and you have to stick with it and hope. It’s almost like how Bennett and McCoy would not defend…

I just don’t see a good reason to candy coat evidence. He was AWFUL. I’ve never seen such a bad passing performance. If Rogers performs at a D- level with his arm, UNLV wins.

Here is your evidence. For the year Armani is now 34-82 for a whopping 369 yds with 5 td’s and 4 interceptions. In case you are wondering that is 41% completion percentage. Down from the low 50’s last year.

Get used to seeing 7, 8 & 9 guys loading up the box against us. He didn’t throw one short ball over the middle to keep the LB’s honest. The playbook is not being opened up with him in there. The staff is losing confidence in him.
Yeah I am replying to myself. Both QB’s in the Stanford game tonight have almost as many yards through the air tonight as Armani does for the entire year!

I hate to agree but I told my father the same thing towards the end of the 4th and all he said was "I don't want to say it but I think your right, he's probably one of the worst passers we've ever had". I wish he was getting better because he would be a real threat if he was just an average at best passer, but he's not and if he keeps passing like this we should at least consider a two QB system sometime down the line.

Yeah I am replying to myself. Both QB’s in the Stanford game tonight have almost as many yards through the air tonight as Armani does for the entire year!
I don’t want it confused; I’m disappointed tonight and in his arm overall. But I like this team and think there’s a lot of potential. I love how much our defense has improved. They have something here. I just think there’s a tremendous roadblock in place. Is it fixable and how?

Reactions: goraphareb
I don’t want it confused; I’m disappointed tonight and in his arm overall. But I like this team and think there’s a lot of potential. I love how much our defense has improved. They have something here. I just think there’s a tremendous roadblock in place. Is it fixable and how?

Couldn't agree more, I think it's so frustrating because we actually have a decent squad this year but his performances through the air have been sooo abysmal that I feel it might hinder us more than I had previously thought,here's to hoping i'm wrong!

AState fan apologize that I didn’t get a chance to visit earlier in the week.

Wet ball did have a significant impact. Our coach said we had to dump a lot of our passes out of the playbook because Hansen told them he couldn’t make those throws. Can’t imagine the situation for your QB because he didn’t look good passing in the bits and pieces I caught of your first three games.

Your QB would flourish under a Gus Malzahn type system which is really a shotgun version of the Houston Veer. He’s harder to tackle than I expected.

Your DC did y’all right. Threw some stuff that was different and did it from some unexpected looks.

I really thought with the awful weather UNLV might rollover when things got a little rough but stayed tough.

Wish y’all the best of luck rest of the way.

Maybe the quarterback would be better if he had a coach to develop him. He can't get better if he doesn't have anyone to properly teach him. I was watching Sacramento vs Montana today, both teams had former UNLV quarterbacks as starters. Kevin Thomson and Dalton Sneed. Thomson looked pretty good, he never got a chance at UNLV because he wasn't one of Sanchez' recruits. Sneed still looks the same, can't pass, but puts up more yardage than the running back. Thomson might have been a good fit for the Rebels had he been given the opportunity.

Wet ball had an effect. Rogers is not a good passer. So it will effect even more. The other qb missed some balls too.
But you can't overeact to one game. He has been much better than this before.
He's got a long way to go. No question. His improvement in camp was well documented from several sources. It hasnt shown up this year in games. Maybe it wont.
And BTW. We are running the mid 2000's Nebraska offense. Nearly all runs

Wet ball had an effect. Rogers is not a good passer. So it will effect even more. The other qb missed some balls too.
But you can't overeact to one game. He has been much better than this before.
He's got a long way to go. No question. His improvement in camp was well documented from several sources. It hasnt shown up this year in games. Maybe it wont.
And BTW. We are running the mid 2000's Nebraska offense. Nearly all runs
More like the Huskers in the early 2000s. Callihan was the HC at Nebraska in the mid 2000s. He threw the ball 50% of the time and nearly 90% of the time on short yardage. .
We nearly won this game at a place with a history of massive home field advantages against a good team. Now we have a bye week with a 2-2 record. Just keep moving forward.

I've never played football beyond High School. My football knowledge isn't that extensive. But, I didn't know it was THAT hard for an extremely athletic person to throw a ball 15 yards to someone who is wide open. But it seems it is.

AState fan apologize that I didn’t get a chance to visit earlier in the week.

Wet ball did have a significant impact. Our coach said we had to dump a lot of our passes out of the playbook because Hansen told them he couldn’t make those throws. Can’t imagine the situation for your QB because he didn’t look good passing in the bits and pieces I caught of your first three games.

Your QB would flourish under a Gus Malzahn type system which is really a shotgun version of the Houston Veer. He’s harder to tackle than I expected.

Your DC did y’all right. Threw some stuff that was different and did it from some unexpected looks.

I really thought with the awful weather UNLV might rollover when things got a little rough but stayed tough.

Wish y’all the best of luck rest of the way.
Thanks for dropping in.
Yes, the wet ball had its impact on both sides. No doubt about that. Ya'll are quite a bit more experienced with that stuff than players in the Mohave Desert. But enough of that.
What I really appreciate is your take on how we didn't rollover. That's exactly what would have happened before. The new staff has done a great job changing the culture and heart of the program. Playing teams like you who have recently built the beginning of a solid tradition growing up from the bottom is just what our program needs to keep seeing and competing against.
Best of luck on the rest of your season.

Reactions: rebelx and rebeltob
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT