ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread Lobo Football Game

I really hope we can get our first win of the season vs these guys..

28-24 UNLV gets their first W.

I really hope UNLV wins and I will be cheering as much as possible but I really don't think this team is capable of winning. Any time they have had a chance they have screwed up something that caused them the game and I am expecting the same to happen against unm.

It’s going to be a Classic! In the end Arroyo gets a Gatorade bath.

UNLV 27- UNM 14

This has always been "the game", but after last game I do wonder if they still have the fight.

Last week was the first week it looked like they lost interest, and it was against our hated rival which makes that even more significant.

I hope I am wrong. But losing is tough. It can be hard to overcome.

Reactions: RebelScrub
What has been done in the last two seasons to make this crazy. Honestly everyone who picks the Rebels should be suspended for being delusional. 😝
Hell, if we are going to suspend people, the people that thought Menzies was a good coach are at the front of the line. That one was the most early and evident cases of a horrible coach ever at UNLV ….

I was amazed at that defense. That kind of defense should have won a few games for UNLV. Brennan Scott is awesome.
The problem is, with the MW you never know if your opponent is so horrible they make you look way better than you are. Too bad our schedule was so difficult early on. I think an early win or two would have worked wonders for the team.

The problem is, with the MW you never know if your opponent is so horrible they make you look way better than you are. Too bad our schedule was so difficult early on. I think an early win or two would have worked wonders for the team.

With 5 of 8 losses by one score you'd think getting a little confidence early on, maybe they flip one or possibly two of those games.

They have a shot against Hawaii.

I could be wrong here, but I don't think SDSU is completely out of the question either.

I don't think the Aztecs are any better than Fresno who the Rebs hung with. SDSU let's people stick around in games.

Just for conversations sake...

Let's say Rebs beat Hawaii and follow it up and get Air Force or SDSU as well.

Would that change anybody's opinion on Arroyo?

At the very least, I'd feel a lot better heading into next season.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
With 5 of 8 losses by one score you'd think getting a little confidence early on, maybe they flip one or possibly two of those games.

They have a shot against Hawaii.

I could be wrong here, but I don't think SDSU is completely out of the question either.

I don't think the Aztecs are any better than Fresno who the Rebs hung with. SDSU let's people stick around in games.

Just for conversations sake...

Let's say Rebs beat Hawaii and follow it up and get Air Force or SDSU as well.

Would that change anybody's opinion on Arroyo?

At the very least, I'd feel a lot better heading into next season.
I'd go from totally disgusted to very offended.

If you look at recruiting classes he should have enough raw talent next year to win at least half his MW games. His talent has time to mature and his skill players should be good.

But this is the Rebels after all, so they most likely get 1 win.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Of course if UNLV was to win out, I am sure that would put the coach into a more positive light! One thing that I did notice today, was the unr is fighting for their lives against sjsu. I wish for once UNLV could get up for the unr game in the same way they do against UNLV! It is also noteworthy that the combined record of the teams UNLV has played is 56-26 through this weekend!

Last edited:
Of course if UNLV was to win out, I am sure that would put the coach into a more positive light! One thing that I did notice today, was the unr is fighting for their lives against sjsu. I wish for once UNLV could get up for the unr game in the same way they do against UNLV!

Mentioned this before. Its second city syndrome.

Simply put it just means more to them (the city) than us. That trickles down to the players.

I'd go from totally disgusted to very offended.

If you look at recruiting classes he should have enough raw talent next year to win at least half his MW games. His talent has time to mature and his skill players should be good.

But this is the Rebels after all, so they most likely get 1 win.

That's fair.

There's plenty not to like about Arroyo and some decisions.

I think having to start a true freshman who hasn't played in a year compounded a lot of that.

Have to improve O-Line and secondary..

while he has made a lot of poor coaching decisions, that is partially balanced off by a much higher level of recruits!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT