ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s get a big crowd out there!!

Rebelsss

National Player of the Year
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2021
I hope everyone gets out to the Boise st game Friday night. It’d be nice to get up there for it. I help my mom on my days off. She’s almost 78. We lost my dad and sister the last couple years. Hopefully we’ll get between 40k to 50k fans out there. Tickets are so much more affordable than the pro teams in Vegas.

At least all the additional seats that they added back to the inventory have mostly been sold off and now they show most of sections 202-208 as sold (7 sections). Not sure if all are sold or listed on secondary markets by UNLV to improve sales. Either way, they way sales have gone today, I expect they will add additional sections later this afternoon.

I cant imagine how that place will feel with 40-45k fans... Will be an awesome showcase on a national stage despite the stupid TV network issue.. There will be a ton of eyeballs watching because of Jeanty but that will really showcase UNLV as well...
Right now I would be happy if UNLV gets past 35K. Currently 10 level 200 seats are out for sale, and only around 100 seats are left in the lower level, which probably puts them at around 34K. I am hoping they put back in the lower level seating in the student section, which would add about 2K to the seating and put them at around 36K plus if all the student seats sellout. Hopefully they get past the 35,193 for the Iowa State game, and the most ever at Sam Boyd was 41,091 in 1998 verse Wisconsin. In order to get around 40K plus they will need to open up all of the south side level 200 seating.

Part of me is hoping they are planning to open that other endzone this week targeted towards locals. Something on the cheaper end to get another 5k+ in there. But I doubt it. They open the other middle side at $20 a seat up above student section, could easily fill it and have 45k there

• Love
Reactions: LVRebel2000
Is the attendance reported by the schools the number of tickets that are sold for the game? Or the actual amount of people that come into the stadium?

Syracuse game was reported at 31,329, and the lower bowl wasn't totally sold out (guessing maybe 1000-1500 seats remaining), and the 200 sections weren't open.

So if the attendance is the same as syracuse, and then you add in the extra 1200 or so lower bowl seats, that would put it at around 32,500. The north 200 zones are said to have 3,900 seats. So if those sell out entirely, that would put it at 36,400 for attendance.

I don't see any way we get to 45k at this point, but if they were to open the south 200's and do them at a discounted rate, you could possibly get close to 40k.

Is the attendance reported by the schools the number of tickets that are sold for the game? Or the actual amount of people that come into the stadium?

Syracuse game was reported at 31,329, and the lower bowl wasn't totally sold out (guessing maybe 1000-1500 seats remaining), and the 200 sections weren't open.

So if the attendance is the same as syracuse, and then you add in the extra 1200 or so lower bowl seats, that would put it at around 32,500. The north 200 zones are said to have 3,900 seats. So if those sell out entirely, that would put it at 36,400 for attendance.

I don't see any way we get to 45k at this point, but if they were to open the south 200's and do them at a discounted rate, you could possibly get close to 40k.
The lower section was 100% sold out. They stopped selling tickets about 1 hr before the game started.

This goes back to my reasoning of us being accepted in a P4 conference. Fans would flock here every year. Thousands maybe tens of thousands. Depending on the P4 and school. Every fan that has the capital would have UNLV circled as their go to road trip. It would unquestionably add value to the conference and excitement. Also would add more $ for us and IMO more NIL money would come our way. I think we could jump from border Top 25 to Top 10-15 in just a short few years. The NCAA and P4 want to use our city ,but not our TEAM?? It not like we are the UNLV of old anymore. We have the facilities ,winning and experience for EVERYONE!

This goes back to my reasoning of us being accepted in a P4 conference. Fans would flock here every year. Thousands maybe tens of thousands. Depending on the P4 and school. Every fan that has the capital would have UNLV circled as their go to road trip. It would unquestionably add value to the conference and excitement. Also would add more $ for us and IMO more NIL money would come our way. I think we could jump from border Top 25 to Top 10-15 in just a short few years. The NCAA and P4 want to use our city ,but not our TEAM?? It not like we are the UNLV of old anymore. We have the facilities ,winning and experience for EVERYONE!
I could see the average Big 12 team bringing 5-10 thousand fans to UNLV games.

That’s why I thought it was TERRIBLE that DRF didn’t put in a clause saying no college team can compete at the stadium without UNLVs approval or insert a P5 clause saying unless unlv is in the p5, nobody else can use Allegiant.

UNLV doesnt own the stadium so how would they have included such a clause. Thats what happens when we sold our on campus stadium vision for a shiny NFL stadium.

That’s why I thought it was TERRIBLE that DRF didn’t put in a clause saying no college team can compete at the stadium without UNLVs approval or insert a P5 clause saying unless unlv is in the p5, nobody else can use Allegiant.
The facility was constructed to improve the economy of Clark County, not as a weapon for UNLV to move to a P5, major college football events bring millions into the economy.

UNLV doesnt own the stadium so how would they have included such a clause. Thats what happens when we sold our on campus stadium vision for a shiny NFL stadium.
Neither do the Raiders, it’s owned by the LVSA.

How’d UNLV get a clause for 3 million a year? We had poor deal makers then.

It seemed like it was more packed than 32,500, but they didn’t announce the crowd size.

Neither do the Raiders, it’s owned by the LVSA.

How’d UNLV get a clause for 3 million a year? We had poor deal makers then.
Because we agreed to support the initiative to get the tax dollars to pay for it rather than have 2 stadiums and have them both fail in the legislature. We were aiming for a 300 million dollar taxpayer funded on campus stadium for at least 4 years before Raiders got involved. The LVSA was formed as the entity in order for the tax free status to be created. Its a confusing mess of accounting but basically without our support the stadium probably doesn't make it out of legislature. We get a pretty nice facility to use, but theres a lot we dont control.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT