ADVERTISEMENT

Kool Aid

9-3 …. 18 (or 19, or 20) wins over two seasons … is what we do in a decade. Yeah, would be huge. And we will and should want more and if Odom is here, he will want more. That’s all I want. Progress. A vision and movement towards it. Not slow growth loser mindset.

I was in the camp of giving FB coaches more time than BB coaches simply based on roster size and how long it takes to turnover a roster. I still think FB deserves more time vs basketball. That said with the portal now if you aren't seeing some growth by year three it's a problem.

Utah Tech had I believe 2 former P5 players on their roster (QB was at Iowa).

That's an FCS school getting former P5 guys. Maybe not the best P5 guys but still P5 guys.

The portal has created a situation where for every Jacoby Widmon that a UNLV loses there's a P5 guy buried on a depth chart just looking to play.

Right coach with the right resources and right vision can get things headed in the right direction sooner rather than later now.

I was in the camp of giving FB coaches more time than BB coaches simply based on roster size and how long it takes to turnover a roster. I still think FB deserves more time vs basketball. That said with the portal now if you aren't seeing some growth by year three it's a problem.

Utah Tech had I believe 2 former P5 players on their roster (QB was at Iowa).

That's an FCS school getting former P5 guys. Maybe not the best P5 guys but still P5 guys.

The portal has created a situation where for every Jacoby Widmon that a UNLV loses there's a P5 guy buried on a depth chart just looking to play.

Right coach with the right resources and right vision can get things headed in the right direction sooner rather than later now.
"Right coach with the right resources and right vision can get things headed in the right direction sooner rather than later now."

This.

Not cool..really.

Young and dumb stuff when you look back

I’m going to a funeral on Saturday. My yoga instructor’s son committed suicide. I hung out with him a couple of times as he was new to the city and I was hoping he could reset and start a new life.

I had dinner Tuesday and met her father for the first time. Yeah, I was a little bit on edge for that one. And I was stoned.

She has helped me get through some stuff in life. So this will be a first time going to an LDS church to pay my respects.

2024 has been a rough year.

Reactions: reagan21
"Right coach with the right resources and right vision can get things headed in the right direction sooner rather than later now."

This.

Every job is a little different and has its own challenges.

I do think you can still be HS recruit heavy and look more 'long term' but with the portal and instant eligibility vs the old sit a year, you are able to fill holes a lot faster.

Again not everyone at every job is going to be able to go from 2-10 to 6-6 and bowl eligible in one year. But by year three you should be pushing for 6 wins..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT