ADVERTISEMENT

Kicking game

spudreb

Lottery Pick
Gold Member
Apr 16, 2002
I wonder if the thought amongst the coaches is to just ride the legs coming back from last year. Yunker is a decent enough punter. Bornand has a strong leg, or,at least he did before getting hurt last season. Not the most accurate guy, though. A false start on a PAT would damn near push Leiva beyond his range. If he needed extra distance he'd drop the trajectory so much that it was usually blocked... by an O-lineman's a$$! McIntyre never got on the field. Considering the talent that kept him off... 'nuff said. I never really liked the idea of the "short-range" kicker and the "long-range" kicker. I look at kickers like QB's: if you have two, you don't have one. I guess we just hope Bornand comes back strong and stays healthy. Any thoughts? Anyone? Bueller...? Bueller...?

I think Leiva will be ok, After a few early misses he seemed to get in his own head. Bornaand might get the full time duties if he can get his accuracy in order.

McIntyre almost had the game tying kick against New Mexico but came up just short in his only real game action.

Spring will give the coaches a chance to look at these guys and possibly look to bring someone in late over the summer if they dont have confidence in any option already on the roster.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT