ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas

I believe this but some here want to knit pick this or that and avoid reality and reality is we will get “boat raced” by Kansas!
I'm just hoping for a full on shoot out... neither team plays fantastic defense, both are prone to huge plays on both ground and passing game.. give me a good old fashioned shoot out and make it entertaining

Good first half that game, not so good second half. Did Arkansas still win? I don't remember
Arkansas won, and it was a high scoring, tight game. Though Arkansas had some starters missing . It was Scherer’s first time at the helm.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I want to see the GO-Go really Go! KU do not know our offence. And for the love of God, go on offence first and get the team going.

The more people see the GO GO offense the better they can prepare for it

It's just like any other offense, over time defenses make adjustments. It falls on the OC to add wrinkles and players to execute. Execute well, you have success execute poorly not so much. Then you have to factor in the talent lining up across from you and what they are taking away.

Not so long ago zone read offenses operating out of the pistol were all the rage. That morphed into more RPO.

Turn on most college games these days and what do you see? Teams going 3WR lone setback and in pistol, trying to spread out the defense to create running lanes.

This isn't to say the GO GO offense is a fluke, just that as people see it the uniqueness of it becomes less of an issue.

The more people see the GO GO offense the better they can prepare for it

It's just like any other offense, over time defenses make adjustments. It falls on the OC to add wrinkles and players to execute. Execute well, you have success execute poorly not so much. Then you have to factor in the talent lining up across from you and what they are taking away.

Not so long ago zone read offenses operating out of the pistol were all the rage. That morphed into more RPO.

Turn on most college games these days and what do you see? Teams going 3WR lone setback and in pistol, trying two spread out the defense to create running lanes.

This isn't to say the GO GO offense is a fluke, just that as people see it the uniqueness of it becomes less of an issue.
What is good about the Go Go is that built in deception with base running plays. Often have to RBs out of the back field to account for which can be tough to defend.

We didn't do too much of crazy the unbalanced fronts that was advertised. Not sure it was because it takes longer to incorporate more of those, or just those types of plays have more inherit risk if they don't work.

But the run blocking needs to improve for sure. I think the Go Go really loses effectiveness if we can average at least 4 yards per carry. The past few weeks is a great example of that.

Last edited:
Reactions: LVRebel2000
How did Reno manage to keep it a 1 score game against KU earlier in the season?
They played them early and limited Jalin Daniels impact despite him throwing 300 yards. It was probably one of the worse games they played all year despite moving the ball at will- 450 yards of offense. Reno QB had a day running for a couple Tds...

Kansas hiring Jeff Grimes as OC... next season will be a tall task if JD6 is running their offense...
Grimes is a drop from what you’ve had. If I am a Kansas fan I’m not enthusiastic with that hiring. Love what he’s done the last 2-3 seasons at Baylor……

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT