ADVERTISEMENT

Johnny Stanton Nebraska QB to transfer

The commotion was over Sam I Am not Stanton

I have always had pleasant dealings with Sam on Husker sites where he is literally a legend but with some a polarizing figure. I have never had an issue with him, nor taken an exception in any manner.

On a side note he is tied in well with your coaching staff, one VERY much so, so he is worth listening to for you guys.
He's been very informative so far and has been a welcome addition.
Thanks for your sanity.

Good for JS. Looks like he got some of his confidence back at Saddleback after Nebraska's old OC and HC systematically destroyed it. Hopefully he becomes the player Trent Dilfer thought he could be at the Elite 11.

This...after his knee injury as a senior, then rocky start at NU, he needed the fresh start. Wish Johnny all the best at UNLV!

He is a big pickup for the qb position. However, I think coach TS should offer stantons favorite target in Dominic Collins as well, he has accounted for over 1100 yards and 12 tds. He has a good frame at 6'2 175. Stanton leads saddleback on Dec 12 vs San Francisco for the CC state championship.

He is a big pickup for the qb position. However, I think coach TS should offer stantons favorite target in Dominic Collins as well, he has accounted for over 1100 yards and 12 tds. He has a good frame at 6'2 175. Stanton leads saddleback on Dec 12 vs San Francisco for the CC state championship.
So far we have 3 verbal commits at WR position. We are thin in terms of numbers at WR but have a pretty talented group. This is a guess based on this years performances, but depth chart might look like this for next year.
1) Boyd
2) Keyes
3) Wimberly (having big year in JC)
4) Pressley (finished season with big TD catch)
5) Woods (takes over Pressley's role from this year as 5th WR)

Trosclair and Harris the 2 HS WRs in the class will most likely red shirt. So I would imagine another WR is probably going to be brought in. Its possible if Stanton has a real comfort level with a particular receiver maybe he pitches it to the staff.

Not sure whether they would prefer another HS kid or a JC kid.

So far this class is shaping up nice.

This...after his knee injury as a senior, then rocky start at NU, he needed the fresh start. Wish Johnny all the best at UNLV!

Well, that and coaches that wouldn't systematically destroy his confidence at every turn to protect their guy. Nice to see there is no bad blood with Barney.

Reactions: Sam-I-am
Sam-I-Am. You've been on Rebel Net since 2001. Where the hell you been all this time? W
I've been posting on the Husker sites for longer than that. I'm a long time UNLV fan. Very long time. However, because I represented boosters and the Rebels in several matters going back to the 80s, I avoided posting on Rebel Net until TS became HC.

Last edited:
To mimic Bullmastif's post, he was calling JS as a priority while I was still drooling over Lagow.

I will add this in general since you're sort of "personally attacking" - this is the most civil board on Rebel-Net and I would like to keep it that way. There's an ignore feature if you don't want to read his opinions.
Appears that I'm missing something. Did I make an inappropriate post? Please don't hesitate to let me know if I did something wrong.

I think we are very much in the mix still. Most HS QBS figure a red shirt year anyway. This mean he would probably sit 2 and then take over as a redshirt sophomore. Another recruiting site has us as the favorite to land him. He also said in an interview he really liked the message from the coaches.

Lets hope it happens. Would solidify the QB spot for the next 5 years, especially if Rogers lives up to his potential. Sneed still in the mix. Plus despite some struggles Palandech had some flashes and got some valuable playing time.
I strongly agree.

The commotion was over Sam I Am not Stanton

I have always had pleasant dealings with Sam on Husker sites where he is literally a legend but with some a polarizing figure. I have never had an issue with him, nor taken an exception in any manner.

On a side note he is tied in well with your coaching staff, one VERY much so, so he is worth listening to for you guys.
Good to see you HuskerLLM. Always enjoy discussions with you.
Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Well, that and coaches that wouldn't systematically destroy his confidence at every turn to protect their guy. Nice to see there is no bad blood with Barney.
Well said indeed, and, no, there was never any bad blood with Barney and the Stantons. Good folk all the way around. I fully expect that the Stantons will be a credit to UNLV.

Appears that I'm missing something. Did I make an inappropriate post? Please don't hesitate to let me know if I did something wrong.
I think we are all at loss on this one. Not to worry, welcome back to the fold. Your comments and insight are surely appreciated.

Mods deleted some Husker "fan" posts directed at you and not bringing anything positive to the thread.

To quote you...trike riders

Somebody I hadn't seen on here before essentially posted that you had no idea what you were talking about.

I posted maybe you don't, but you called how this Stanton scenario would play out pretty early on. BCVEGASPT posted something along the lines of what I said, and made mention that no personal attacks would be allowed.

Then things escalated and the anonymous poster wished death by fire on BCVEGASPT. Which seemed just a little excessive and a little quick in the usual progression of a thread getting out of control.

I mean he skipped the you are an idiot, my dad can beat up your dad, moderators are worse than Nazi's, you would never say that to my face steps, that typically proceed death by fire posts.

Somebody I hadn't seen on here before essentially posted that you had no idea what you were talking about.

I posted maybe you don't, but you called how this Stanton scenario would play out pretty early on. BCVEGASPT posted something along the lines of what I said, and made mention that no personal attacks would be allowed.

Then things escalated and the anonymous poster wished death by fire on BCVEGASPT. Which seemed just a little excessive and a little quick in the usual progression of a thread getting out of control.

I mean he skipped the you are an idiot, my dad can beat up your dad, moderators are worse than Nazi's, you would never say that to my face steps, that typically proceed death by fire posts.

He's backkkkkk..........

Reactions: Sam-I-am

Then things escalated and the anonymous poster wished death by fire on BCVEGASPT. Which seemed just a little excessive ....
Yeah. That seems overly excessive to me.

Mods deleted some Husker "fan" posts directed at you and not bringing anything positive to the thread.

To quote you...trike riders
Oh. I get it now. I have a couple of stalkers who try to make every message board into a cesspool. Sorry about that fellow Rebel fans. Time to move forward. The addition of Johnny is a great one for this recruiting class. Now we need those DEs.

As Bull pointed out some trolls came on and took it to the extreme rapidly.

You're a valued poster on here. I, for one, appreciate the information you provide.
Thank you. You do a fine job here. I greatly appreciate that and being able to post here with my fellow Rebel fans.

When is that game? Sorry if I overlooked it in a previous post.
Saturday at noon. Should be a great game. Going against the #1 JUCO in the nation and one of the best pass defenses in all of JUCO with a DE who was the Defensive player of the year in JUCO. Good luck Johnny and be safe.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
The problem is real talent and real depth. That won't be solved for a few recruiting classes and unfortunately there's no shortcuts in college football. I was and continue to be impressed by Sanchez. I think he has the coaching chops, charisma and foresight to build this program to where we all want it to be. But it's gonna take a while.

We were close to winning a few more games in conference this year. I think a couple of pieces here and there would have made a big difference. I think we will see enough improved O Line play , combined with potentially better QB Play (i have every belief Stanton will be a solid upgrade) the offense will be markedly better.

If we go heavy JUCO on D Line (already the plan) and add a few pieces the defense can improve and keep us in games. Hell this years D kept us in games for 3 Quarters so any improvement will put us in good shape. I still think it will be a season where anywhere from 5-7 wins can happen with the way the schedule sets up (much lighter OOC).

I dont expect us to be world beaters but a very competitive team that might surprise a few next year. This is the time of year for optimism right? really interested to see this class fill out and battles in the spring.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT