ADVERTISEMENT

Johnny Stanton Nebraska QB to transfer

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
Considering the lack of experience we will have at the QB position next year, that would be a nice guy to grab.

Nebraska announces QB Johnny Stanton has decided to transfer.

With the UNLV coaching staff ties to Nebraska, it is likely that he will at least consider transferring to UNLV. With the changes under coach Sanchez, it may not be bad if UNLV can go after another player that is listed as a 3* for Rivals and 4* for ESPN.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...vbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMzBHZ0aWQDRkZHRUMwXzEEc2VjA3Ny
Nebraska announces QB Johnny Stanton has decided to transfer.

With the UNLV coaching staff ties to Nebraska, it is likely that he will at least consider transferring to UNLV. With the changes under coach Sanchez, it may not be bad if UNLV can go after another player that is listed as a 3* for Rivals and 4* for ESPN.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...vbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMzBHZ0aWQDRkZHRUMwXzEEc2VjA3Ny

This has to be a top priority! The kid was a 4 star recruit out of high school and two of our coaches have a relationship with him. This would be a great get for the Rebels. He is going to play Juco ball this year at Saddleback in Mission Veijo, hopefully he comes to Las Vegas next year!!!

Reactions: RebelinWA
Reactions: Sam-I-am
That must mean they likely didn't get the two QB's that they were recruiting who attended the Hawaii game.
Not necessarily. They are just covering their bases. With mid-year qualifiers, spots dry up quick. This could also be the staff telling Lagow, make a decision soon we aren't going to wait.

Side note.
One recruiting site actually haa us favored to get Armani Rogers.

Stanton compares favorably to Lagow. Both were 3 star guys coming out of HS. Stanton and Cotton have a relationship already, Stanton actually had more offers coming out of HS as well.

I am good with either one.

Reactions: RebelinWA
Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
He is a must get!

The connection is there with Cotton and Garrison. There really isn't much separating the JUCO QBs we have on the radar. It really comes down to who fits the offense Cotton and Sanchez want to run.

I would be more than happy to land this guy.

The connection is there with Cotton and Garrison. There really isn't much separating the JUCO QBs we have on the radar. It really comes down to who fits the offense Cotton and Sanchez want to run.

I would be more than happy to land this guy.
Don't forget the connections with Ben Cotton and Cody Green too. Just spoke to the family. They are really looking forward to visiting this week.

That is the plan but they are checking on the rules for some reason.
Likely to do with it being off site of the university. However, I think it is within bounds since game is available to students. Hope they get to go, it's going to be a very fun game fun. Wish I could go (I'm an out of towner).

Reactions: Sam-I-am
You think so? Not arguing, honestly just curious as to what makes you think that.

They are two different types of QB. I guess it really comes down to what style of offense the staff wants to run.
All I can say is that I know that Tony & Barney want to run a lot more power football and leave it at that.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
We got our QB!
https://twitter.com/johnnystantoniv
CVl5HPWUEAEVdTq.jpg

Any chance we still get Armani Rogers?
I think we are very much in the mix still. Most HS QBS figure a red shirt year anyway. This mean he would probably sit 2 and then take over as a redshirt sophomore. Another recruiting site has us as the favorite to land him. He also said in an interview he really liked the message from the coaches.

Lets hope it happens. Would solidify the QB spot for the next 5 years, especially if Rogers lives up to his potential. Sneed still in the mix. Plus despite some struggles Palandech had some flashes and got some valuable playing time.

To mimic Bullmastif's post, he was calling JS as a priority while I was still drooling over Lagow.

I will add this in general since you're sort of "personally attacking" - this is the most civil board on Rebel-Net and I would like to keep it that way. There's an ignore feature if you don't want to read his opinions.

You have some HuskerOnline/Red Sea Scrolls issues carrying over into this thread. That is why some of the "weirdness".

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Congrats on Johnny...he knows what he gets with The Stache (Cotton) and vice versa so should work well for all involved. Glad he had a good year at Juco and is back in D1.

This guy must be really good to cause all that "commotion."

The commotion was over Sam I Am not Stanton

I have always had pleasant dealings with Sam on Husker sites where he is literally a legend but with some a polarizing figure. I have never had an issue with him, nor taken an exception in any manner.

On a side note he is tied in well with your coaching staff, one VERY much so, so he is worth listening to for you guys.

Good for JS. Looks like he got some of his confidence back at Saddleback after Nebraska's old OC and HC systematically destroyed it. Hopefully he becomes the player Trent Dilfer thought he could be at the Elite 11.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT