ADVERTISEMENT

Johnny Stanton injured

Rebel Chi-girl

Lottery Pick
Aug 29, 2003
Henderson, NV
A reporter for the RJ just tweeted that Johnny Stanton missed practice Tuesday morning with an apparent knee injury. He reported that Johnny was on crutches, wearing a right knee brace.

I think I recall a scramble where he took a pretty hard shot to the knee. This doesn't come as a complete surprise. I'll definitely be tuning in to the press conference today.

Get well soon, Johnny...
Time to give Sneed or Rogers a chance.

Barring something completely catastrophic happening. Rogers is not going to play this Season.... Sheesh

Said it in another thread. Rogers has some real arm talent and upside, but was way behind in the fall picking up the offense. Red shirt year would really benefit him.

From press conference: Stanton out 3-4 weeks. Sneed gets the start. KP will play.

Said it in another thread. Rogers has some real arm talent and upside, but was way behind in the fall picking up the offense. Red shirt year would really benefit him.
I agree Bull, its a wonder this team has been so bad for so long considering how many armchair coaches we have.. Seems the fans know exactly what to do.. lmao

I agree Bull, its a wonder this team has been so bad for so long considering how many armchair coaches we have.. Seems the fans know exactly what to do.. lmao
Homer, you are about as wrong as yesterday paper. The good programs around the nation has so much...much much more arm charm QB then our program can ever dream of. Some of them even donate $$$ to change things.

Well, this is not how I wanted Sneed to get a shot when I posted the other thread. I wish Stanton a speedy recovery.
I hope this really goes the way I feel it can. Time will tell...

Reactions: GoRebs!
I have a sneaky feeling that the Rebels are going to come out and play a great game on Saturday, with the offense looking better than it has all year. I get the feeling the team is gonna rally around the backup QB. For some reason, I just don't see JS as a guy that other players will put their proverbial lives on the line for. To me, it seems like JS has got all the physical tools, but doesn't have the personality to be that teammate everyone loves. I'm not saying he has Jay Cutler's same personality, but I wonder if he has that same characteristic that makes it hard for other players to connect with him.

I like this move. Don't like that Stanton is hurt. In my opinion, unless a JUCO can come in and make an immediate, positive impact, I say no JUCO transfers unless the guy is a potential all MWC player. Especially at QB.
Bring in 2-3 true freshman. Kids that have the potential to be in the program 4-5 years. If one or more is in a position to be "thrown to the wolves" as the saying goes, then so be it. This is D1, FBS football. A guy playing QB at this level ought to be able to handle growing pains. It's also where coaching comes into play. Especially the psychological part.
I wish for a full, surgery free recovery for Stanton. Meanwhile, I hope that Sneed plays well and the combination of he and Kurt can add some spark. The only way to find out is having them play and giving them enough freedom to both make plays and make mistakes, because making mistakes is part of the learning and growing process...GO REBELS!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT