ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Mora

Yes! Moras first year. Lipstick thought we got a better pick with Arroyo. Did not even call Mora back for another interview. UNLV.

I get that “Covid record doesn’t count” … I mean, it was horribly mangled and uneven, some teams got hit harder than others at certain times … but you know what? That’s what happens during a regular season as well. You can’t predict delays, injuries, bad grades, weather, etc. Everything that doesn’t go smoothly is an obstacle. But news flash - EVERYONE has them. Ball is on the field/court … play ball. Compete. It all counts. He’s 6-22 or whatever it is. When you start blaming everything under the sun, you are an excuse maker, you are a Menzies. Quit crying, put on your big boy pants, compete. All this coddling and excuse making for every little thing.

Arroyo over his head, let's just say UNLV beats Reno and Hawaii and go to bowl game and get leveled, you really think program is on up?

Next yr at Michigan and Vanderbilt at home, I see them losing both.

Reactions: rebel5280
Arroyo over his head, let's just say UNLV beats Reno and Hawaii and go to bowl game and get leveled, you really think program is on up?

We agree on Arroyo! He has so many here fooled!

Backing into a bowl and then getting “boat raced“ in said bowl is same old UNLV from 2013.

Arroyo better start being a much better recruiter because we need much better OL, DL, WR, CB and LB’s who can start right away or next year will go like this… the schedule will be much harder due to all the MWC teams improving enough that there will be few games we will be favored in outside of UNM and UH, meaning excuses will be made for the coach, which is crap, and some here will try and sell anyone who will listen that going 5-7 in year 4 ain’t so bad. The reality is always the same for us, as the non conference games improve next year, we will be looking at 2 wins tops in September to go along with 2 wins tops in conference. I got news for ya, that ain’t a program turning the corner, it’s Bobby Hauck’s UNLV with the same old pre-season hype over a few slightly better recruits and us getting mugged on the proverbial corner we are supposedly turning, and by season’s end we will be looking for a new coach yet again!

You see us losing next year at Michigan? Really going out on a limb there.
I see them losing out this yr to Reno and Hawaii.

4 and 6 now, haven't beaten a team with pulse in how many years with Arroyo?

We had injuries to secondary, there back, QB out what 3 games, weren't competitive with out him, he's back, losing continues, any QB who can pass eats secondary, any running kills UNLV running, I just see losing program, nothing else.

At least UNLV is not the only one paying a football coach $$$ for losing. Josh McDaniel makes $4 million a year to suck with the Raiders.

Reactions: LINEBACKER_U
At least UNLV is not the only one paying a football coach $$$ for losing. Josh McDaniel makes $4 million a year to suck with the Raiders.
It’s the UNLV curse! Raiders should have never allowed UNLV to play in their stadium!
jk

At least Arroyo had no HC track record the Raiders coach was not good previously and apparently is still not good. You can always count of anything Mark Davis does being the wrong decision.

I see them losing out this yr to Reno and Hawaii.

4 and 6 now, haven't beaten a team with pulse in how many years with Arroyo?

We had injuries to secondary, there back, QB out what 3 games, weren't competitive with out him, he's back, losing continues, any QB who can pass eats secondary, any running kills UNLV running, I just see losing program, nothing else.
If he loses out and his career record shoots to - what? 6-24, 6-26? I don’t think UNLV can afford to pay 750k per win for a coach. That’s probably just a little less than Saban earns per win.

My issue being non competitive against San Jose/AFA, showed no heart.
Boise is best of crap they lost at El Paso, just tired of excuses, injuries in football happen, so you change game plan, if your backup is better at running you run the ball, you play AFA you defend run. The New Mexico game proved UNLV under Arroyo beats garbage, USU beats UNLV today, no improvement at all, beating Hawaii and Reno proves nothing to me.

No MWC team should be beating UNLV 42 to 7 etc.

I truly believe they lose to Hawaii, no faith in staff, time to drop him.

Why is UNLV playing Bryant to open season next yr, just wasting labor day weekend by bringing P5 school to Vegas, just stupid

Why is UNLV playing Bryant to open season next yr, just wasting labor day weekend by bringing P5 school to Vegas, just stupid

My sister in law and brother in law graduated from Bryant, he played football there. They tell me Bryant travels well😎. Maybe it’s a favor for Max Good.

You are right it makes no sense to not have a P5 school, grab a bottom feeder Midwest P5 school and they will bring 20k fans. Did you see the Illinois crowd vs UCLA last night?

Reactions: RebelScrub

They already beat Vandy on the road they can beat them at home. Before the season started if we were told they would go 6-6 we would have taken it with so many predicting sub .500. Next year should be even better with all they have returning.

Fighting and getting 2 or 3 O-board rebounds to keep the possession alive late in the 2nd half was critical. Whole lotta want-to right there. If they can figure out an offense, this could be a lot more fun.

If he loses out and his career record shoots to - what? 6-24, 6-26? I don’t think UNLV can afford to pay 750k per win for a coach. That’s probably just a little less than Saban earns per win.

They already beat Vandy on the road they can beat them at home. Before the season started if we were told they would go 6-6 we would have taken it with so many predicting sub .500. Next year should be even better with all they have returning.
Recruiting better, my issue they haven't beaten anyone, they played like dogs against San Jose and AFA, conference is horrible. Team didn't get better at all, I have no trust in staff

Reactions: RunninReb1989
Recruiting better, my issue they haven't beaten anyone, they played like dogs against San Jose and AFA, conference is horrible. Team didn't get better at all, I have no trust in staff
I wouldn't say they didn't get better at all they are better than last year. Utah St and North Texas will be bowl eligible. They had no wins over bowl eligible teams last year and had two losses against terrible teams. No losses like that this year.

I wouldn't say they didn't get better at all they are better than last year. Utah St and North Texas will be bowl eligible. They had no wins over bowl eligible teams last year and had two losses against terrible teams. No losses like that this year.
They got win against Utah State, but if they played today, USU wins, they gave UNLV the game, they got better, UNLV didn't, NTX conference must be sewer water if there bowl eligible!

Reactions: rebel5280
They got win against Utah State, but if they played today, USU wins, they gave UNLV the game, they got better, UNLV didn't, NTX conference must be sewer water if there bowl eligible!
UNLV won because they outplayed them. Losing to Hawaii is inexcusable but it went the right direction despite the collapse and with what we return next year should be better. I give him another year vs going back to the hire and fire pattern of the past 35+ years and counting that has worked so well.

UNLV won because they outplayed them. Losing to Hawaii is inexcusable but it went the right direction despite the collapse and with what we return next year should be better. I give him another year vs going back to the hire and fire pattern of the past 35+ years and counting that has worked so well.
You have to much faith in staff and talent.
Hawaii is beyond awful. Losing to them is fireable loss, just fact, Reno is horrible, but I see them beating unlv.

He deserves 5 years just like the other dudes..

It’s tax payer money with a clause built in.

You have to much faith in staff and talent.
Hawaii is beyond awful. Losing to them is fireable loss, just fact, Reno is horrible, but I see them beating unlv.
He has recruited better than any coach in recent memory that is a fact. Another fact is we have cycled through coaches 35 years and it has yet to work. See Albert Einstein’s definition of insanity.

Reactions: dcut03 and NSU67
He has recruited better than any coach in recent memory that is a fact. Another fact is we have cycled through coaches 35 years and it has yet to work. See Albert Einstein’s definition of insanity.
I think, for me, a lot depends on how he does against Reno.

A year-end collapse with a win against Reno is much more palatable than a total season-ending fiasco with a loss against your arch-enemy who is winless in the conference.

If I was the AD I'd see who is approaching us. Then I'd look around any likely candidates we could get. I'd also try to get a feel about how the team would respond to a firing. If the AD is worth his salt, he already has the money part figured out. ( Every AD should always have a running calculator in his brain and have a general plan for all situations)

My gut says unless Reno blows us out he stays with a two year extension.

I think, for me, a lot depends on how he does against Reno.

A year-end collapse with a win against Reno is much more palatable than a total season-ending fiasco with a loss against your arch-enemy who is winless in the conference.

If I was the AD I'd see who is approaching us. Then I'd look around any likely candidates we could get. I'd also try to get a feel about how the team would respond to a firing. If the AD is worth his salt, he already has the money part figured out. ( Every AD should always have a running calculator in his brain and have a general plan for all situations)

My gut says unless Reno blows us out he stays with a two year extension.
Yeah I could see waiting for the Reno game though I would give one year I doubt he has other options.

No way should he be given an extension after this year. Unless it’s just extra years added and a ZERO dollar increase in the total buyout number. He might have an OC option on the table but there’s no chance of anyone looking at him for a head coach job at this point. He has no leverage right now. Our AD would have to be a complete idiot to consider saddling us down with an even larger buyout number for a guy who has proven nothing so far.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT