ADVERTISEMENT

Offer Jerod Evans

Jerod Evans was offered today by Unlv we know his info
A lot of talk about him going to Auburn. If somehow we got this guy he could be a potential program changer. For a program like ours and the conference we play in a guy like this is a +2 or +3 to the win total by himself. He has the type of athleyic ability to take games over with his feet or arm. He is what Rocky Hines was supposed to be minus the bum knee.

We land this guy somehow I think we are a 6+ win team next year.

They will return a Senior -Jeremy Johnson , lost starting job- RS Sophmore - Shawn White who took over starting duties after 5 weeks. a RS Freshman and an incoming freshman (if he stays committed)

I think Evans or Lagow will be given every opportunity to take the reigns should they sign with UNLV.

We can offer immediate playing time. Can Auburn?
Based on how bad Auburn's QB play has been this year, they might not offer immediate playing time but the competition for the starting job looks a lot less daunting. But you are right it would seem like it would lean more in our favor right now.

Reactions: RebelinWA
Evans would be a star in Vegas. UNLV is on the rise no matter what but landing a QB like Evans would make things very interesting quickly.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
It makes sense that we have playing time but if any of us got an offer from the SEC vs the MTW, it's not even close in my mind. My first question is do we have a real shot?

Don't know why it took me so long to look up his highlights. Whoa. Seriously. Wow. I'll be watching this one closely with fingers crossed.

It makes sense that we have playing time but if any of us got an offer from the SEC vs the MTW, it's not even close in my mind. My first question is do we have a real shot?
Schools like UNLV tend to have a better shot with Juco or Power 5 school transfers than they do with 4-5 star high school kids coming out. Even the best high school kids coming out know they might see a red shirt year. No an issue since they have 4 years of eligibility. Juco guys typically only have 2 years left. That makes inmediate pkaying time for them a big draw. Heading into this season Auburn looked set at Qb. They have had horrible Qb play which opens the door for a guy like Evans.

We have outside shot at this kid, but I seriously doubt we get him. I think we have a more realistic shot at Richard Lagow. Lagow isn't as dynamic an arhlete as Evans, but would be a huge upgrade over anybody we have now including Decker.

Don't know why it took me so long to look up his highlights. Whoa. Seriously. Wow. I'll be watching this one closely with fingers crossed.
I'm with you I would love to get this guy. I just think its a long shot.

I would be more than fine if we ended up with Lagow. He is more of a pocket passer, but can make plays with his legs as well. I think our running game will be even better next season, which would open up a lot more play action. That fits Lagow's skill set perfectly.

Reactions: RebelinWA
Come on Sanchez, sell the Vegas! Theres nothing in Alabama, except the Forrest Gump guy, a crimson tide and Ft. Rucker. I hope he can sell on the emotional level that playing for a school in Alabama that isn't the tide is a ticket to obscurity.

Reactions: mwsn7022012
Getting Evans truly would be a game changer. I believe if he was with us this year, sjsu and fsu would certainly had been wins; but I also believe that Decker would have made a difference in both of those games. Evans could be the QB that moves our Rebel team to the top of the MWC. Hope he seriously considers UNLV. Let's flood his twitter account with Rebel love!

On another note Lagow has a scheduled visit on the 4th. Wimberly will be here as well (already going back and forth on Twitter) . I think the staff is pressing on both these guys pretty hard. I lean a little toward Lagow with who I think we will get but would be ecstatic with either.

Yeah Wimberley is solid. What I like is that recruits from different states are communicating. Nice too see guys trying to grab other good players the staff is after.

If these videos are reposts I apologize. I know we are hyped about Evans so I wanted to see how he's played so far this season. Here are the highlights of his first 5 games.

http://www.hudl.com/v/N4PMv

Also, here is video of Richard Lagow's first 5 games.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/586266/highlights/280697406/v2

While I would take either and be pleased as pie I actually think Lagow is the better QB for us. He seems like a more intelligent player (football IQ, that is) in that he looks to his second reads. Evans' plays are more first reads. Also, Lagow has a cannon and will make use of any speedy WR's we put on the field with him.

Both of those guys are far and away better than what we already have. Evans in particular is one of those guys that puts an offense on a map and wins 9-10 games almost by himself.

If these videos are reposts I apologize. I know we are hyped about Evans so I wanted to see how he's played so far this season. Here are the highlights of his first 5 games.

http://www.hudl.com/v/N4PMv

Also, here is video of Richard Lagow's first 5 games.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/586266/highlights/280697406/v2

While I would take either and be pleased as pie I actually think Lagow is the better QB for us. He seems like a more intelligent player (football IQ, that is) in that he looks to his second reads. Evans' plays are more first reads. Also, Lagow has a cannon and will make use of any speedy WR's we put on the field with him.

Evans reminds me a bit of a more athletic version of Jason Thomas. Evans has the athletic ability to take over a game with his arm or legs.

Lagow I agree has the better arm. He is not as athletic as Evans but athletic enough to avoid the rush and keep plays alive.

I will take either one.

Both of those guys are far and away better than what we already have. Evans in particular is one of those guys that puts an offense on a map and wins 9-10 games almost by himself.
I don't think any player is capable of winning 9-10 games almost by himself. It takes a team of 11 all performing in harmony together.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
I don't think any player is capable of winning 9-10 games almost by himself. It takes a team of 11 all performing in harmony together.
I think just adding a player of Evans or Lagow's abilities is worth another 2 wins tops. Anymore than that depends on the team around them. They can't play both sides of the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT