ADVERTISEMENT

Jeffrey Weimer

Head scratcher. He caught 28 balls at UNLV. Definite contributor but where does he think he's going to go that's a step up from UNLV?

I really believe that we will be one of the fastest teams on the Westcoast!!. Looking forward to seeing how we match up with the conference. Something tells me that we will cause some issues

This transfer makes sense. The WR room got way faster and more explosive. He wouldn't be described as either. I was also told that he couldn't get out of his own head.
Those are important attributes but not complete necessities either. A few of our all time best receivers weren’t fast or explosive. Keenan McCardell, Ryan Wolfe, and Randy Gatewood come to mind immediately. Great routes, great hands, high IQ, tough as nails.

Not getting out of your own head is something else altogether.

Those are important attributes but not complete necessities either. A few of our all time best receivers weren’t fast or explosive. Keenan McCardell, Ryan Wolfe, and Randy Gatewood come to mind immediately. Great routes, great hands, high IQ, tough as nails.

Not getting out of your own head is something else altogether.
You are 100% correct. You hit it on the head with McCardell, Wolfe, and Gatewood.

I wonder if he couldnt get out of his own head because he wasnt as fast or explosive as some of the new additions.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
All of our WR's had trouble with drops last year, JW included. But I though he was the best route runner, and potentially the best hands on the team. His injury really didn't help the situation and he never looked great once he returned.
Kinda bummed to see him leave. Apparently was a good leader in the WR room as well.
I too agree think that pure speed can be a bit overrated. Getting open is more than just speed, then of course making a play with the ball is a another thing altogether.
That being said I think we have a solid WR corps and I think we will be just fine.

Weiner is a possession guy and does not fit here anymore it happens, no need to talk it to death! New staff and a new direction, they know what they need and Jeff wasn’t it. The hype for both him and Bailey was a bit much. Kind of like Zimmerman and Rheinhart back in the day!

Last edited:
Let’s be honest about Weimer, if you knew Brumfield was your starting QB..

You’d probably want to bolt too.

Just saying Doug isn’t the most accurate of passers and would have gotten Weimer laid out.

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT