ADVERTISEMENT

Israel Astral Conflagration Thread vs Gaza Strip

RebelScrub

Making UNLV relevent again for locals
May 29, 2001
Guys, forget Star Wars, basketball,

This is the real invasion.

street to Street fighting.

I never went near Gaza when I visited Israel in 2016.

It’s gonna get ugly. Room to room and it’s going to be booby trapped.

Hamas Air Force is a freaking squadron of power gliders who’s target was a rave.

Hamas Air Force is a freaking squadron of power gliders who’s target was a rave.

The whole world is jacked up man. The US is supposed to be the world leader, I’ve never seen us weaker than we are right now. We’re hemorrhaging money out of the country yet can’t take care of our own. Nothing is affordable, the squeeze is heavy. Crime is rampant, accountability is at the lowest I’ve ever seen, the national division(s) have never been higher in my lifetime.

Not that we make a ton, but comparatively speaking, with what my girl and I make, especially the past 4 years and so with oodles of OT, if this were the 80’s or 90’s … I’d be able to be in retirement right now.

I only know the surface stuff about the Middle East, don’t know what to believe with the video and stories that are put out right now because there’s been a heavy influx of bullshit that makes you question authenticities of everything. Not just with the Middle East, with everything. It seems that so much of everything is now optics.

It is, by far, the most tumultuous I’ve seen things in my life and it isn’t close. The economy is God awful, I’m one that won’t notice when somebody puts on a few pounds, but I’ll notice when they put on 50.

America is supposed to be better than this. As a leader, as an example … when liberties are shred, when histories are rewritten, when dictionaries are redefined, when morality dries up and common decency is a rarity, when science is a fairy tale, when the constitution is optional, when the ultra rich get much richer and gain even more power, something went really wrong along the way.

You need to move to Colorado and live the dream. I don't know what shapes everyone's view of the world but, even in retirement I'm glad I don't live to view the world and people in such a negative light. I drove down to watch our Lady Rebel Soccer team at Colorado College and parked near the Monument Creek and walked across the bridge, past some of the most beautiful walking, biking, and running trails with beautiful people everywhere you looked just enjoying a beautiful life of recreation and sport. The soccer game had a lot of Colorado College fans that were enjoying the game and sunshine and even in their defeat they were gracious hosts. That was the first soccer game I've seen our Rebels play on the road. What a beautiful life to live in.

You need to move to Colorado and live the dream. I don't know what shapes everyone's view of the world but, even in retirement I'm glad I don't live to view the world and people in such a negative light. I drove down to watch our Lady Rebel Soccer team at Colorado College and parked near the Monument Creek and walked across the bridge, past some of the most beautiful walking, biking, and running trails with beautiful people everywhere you looked just enjoying a beautiful life of recreation and sport. The soccer game had a lot of Colorado College fans that were enjoying the game and sunshine and even in their defeat they were gracious hosts. That was the first soccer game I've seen our Rebels play on the road. What a beautiful life to live in.
Glad you can enjoy a few moments of serenity, but the truth is this world is a dangerous place and, if you choose to open your eyes, you will see its heading for destruction. So, enjoy it while you can!

Love this optimism!

The world is a beautiful place.

Glad you can enjoy a few moments of serenity, but the truth is this world is a dangerous place and, if you choose to open your eyes, you will see its heading for destruction. So, enjoy it while you can!
It’s easy to find places of serenity. Put me in Utah fishing. Watching my kids play at the park. Taking a long drive. It’s still out there. You can find it and easily enough usually - if you have the time. People that don’t have the time, aren’t in retirement, have a hard time finding time. If I was retired, I’d have more time to enjoy those things. I’m not rich at all, but I’m in a better position than many people … and I have trouble finding the time nowadays.

But that doesn’t change some things either. The more macro view.

Do you honestly think things are better today than 10, 20 years ago? Do you think schools are safer, large venues are safer, public is safer? Hell, you can take kids to a cheerful Christmas parade and all get mowed down. You can go to a friendly festival and madmen are gunning. Do you think things are as affordable now as previously, relatively speaking? My home growing up was about 3x more than an annual salary. Now it’s 7x. Do you think other people are more at peace now, less prone to snap? Do you think that criminal penalties are a deterrent to being criminal? Did you used to have to worry about teachers touching kids, or showing wholly inappropriate material or dishing out some insane diatribe? My parents never even worried about it because the world was more sensible. Now, you have to review materials and go over the day to day.

I’ve seen a lot of things do a 180, personally. It’s easy to say “that was then, this is now”, “the world changes”, etc. While that may be true, we’ve gone backwards, imo. Life expectancy has been going down for awhile, stress is higher than it’s ever been, my parents never carried around this level of stress (according to my dad) and that was with cop bullets flying through our walls and windows, constant court dates and FBI raids.

I do what I can to find the time and I actually do a pretty good job at it. But those are just breathers, a temporary break from the insanity that this country has become.

In my 50+ years I can't remember a more chaotic time. In the 80s it was just the west vs the Soviet Union. Now everything is so splintered with fires(Ukraine, Hamas, N.Korea, China, uncontrolled illegal immigration, powerful drug cartels, rampant looting/homelessness, ecological disaster from heat/plastics, etc) everywhere all at once. The dearth of sound, strong leaders in the west is disheartening. We've got a lot of pretenders who shouldn't be in these positions and they are leading us nowhere with no cohesive vision. I'm hoping it's just an overreaction to having a 24/7 newsfeed that gives us nothing but sensationalistic, negative reporting but idk.

In my 50+ years I can't remember a more chaotic time. In the 80s it was just the west vs the Soviet Union. Now everything is so splintered with fires(Ukraine, Hamas, N.Korea, China, uncontrolled illegal immigration, powerful drug cartels, rampant looting/homelessness, ecological disaster from heat/plastics, etc) everywhere all at once. The dearth of sound, strong leaders in the west is disheartening. We've got a lot of pretenders who shouldn't be in these positions and they are leading us nowhere with no cohesive vision. I'm hoping it's just an overreaction to having a 24/7 newsfeed that gives us nothing but sensationalistic, negative reporting but idk.
I don’t think that it’s coincidence that when the US is at its weakest, when it’s not respected anymore .. that crap falls apart everywhere. We know the current guy is just a brain dead mumbling puppet, but this stretches far, far beyond him and started way before him. Too many self-interested war mongers, too much power to large corporations and entities. We have the numbers but zero power. At least we aren’t willing to unify to use what we do have … and I think that’s part of the plan. Keep people fighting among themselves so they can’t focus on the real issues.

While most either loved or hated him, foreign countries soon learned not to F with Trump.

I remember an interview of his one time where the leader of some country (S Korea maybe?) said that he may attack the US. Trump’s counter was “he has 12 minutes before we are fully in position to carry out a full blown attack on his country,” or something to that effect. Totally showed the world that he took no sh..

This isn’t me endorsing Trump, just endorsing any President that stands up to those threatening us.

It’s easy to find places of serenity. Put me in Utah fishing. Watching my kids play at the park. Taking a long drive. It’s still out there. You can find it and easily enough usually - if you have the time. People that don’t have the time, aren’t in retirement, have a hard time finding time. If I was retired, I’d have more time to enjoy those things. I’m not rich at all, but I’m in a better position than many people … and I have trouble finding the time nowadays.

But that doesn’t change some things either. The more macro view.

Do you honestly think things are better today than 10, 20 years ago? Do you think schools are safer, large venues are safer, public is safer? Hell, you can take kids to a cheerful Christmas parade and all get mowed down. You can go to a friendly festival and madmen are gunning. Do you think things are as affordable now as previously, relatively speaking? My home growing up was about 3x more than an annual salary. Now it’s 7x. Do you think other people are more at peace now, less prone to snap? Do you think that criminal penalties are a deterrent to being criminal? Did you used to have to worry about teachers touching kids, or showing wholly inappropriate material or dishing out some insane diatribe? My parents never even worried about it because the world was more sensible. Now, you have to review materials and go over the day to day.

I’ve seen a lot of things do a 180, personally. It’s easy to say “that was then, this is now”, “the world changes”, etc. While that may be true, we’ve gone backwards, imo. Life expectancy has been going down for awhile, stress is higher than it’s ever been, my parents never carried around this level of stress (according to my dad) and that was with cop bullets flying through our walls and windows, constant court dates and FBI raids.

I do what I can to find the time and I actually do a pretty good job at it. But those are just breathers, a temporary break from the insanity that this country has become.
"Did you used to have to worry about teachers touching kids, or showing wholly inappropriate material or dishing out some insane diatribe? My parents never even worried about it because the world was more sensible."

My kids are in their 50's. When they were being raised I NEVER worried about teachers touching them or teaching anything other mainstream ideas. I have grandchildren (college to early teens) and a couple of great grandchildren ( elementary school) . My concern for them varies on where they live. I don't worry at all about the one's in a very rural setting (Montana and Alabama). But I am concerned about those close to a city (Atlanta and here). For all of them, housing will be a huge problem. The median house of 1960 would cost just $104,619 in 2020 dollars, far below the actual cost of $240,500, meaning housing costs have increased by 129%. Median household income has only grown by 39% in that same time period, from $49,232 (2020 dollars) in 1960 to $68,703 today. This is meaningful because owning a house is the basis for 95% of family wealth.

I had an easy time counseling and channeling my children on career paths. For someone currently in their 50's any 4 year degree was a path to success. No guarantee - but unless you had demons you could pursue a career path that was logical. Now, not so much. I was recently in a hospital visiting a relative in an Atlanta suburb. In the waiting room, the hospital had their internal magazine available and I read most of it. Good info on staying healthy plus a story on their 18 new residents and picture of the entire group. Of the 18, there was not one Caucasian male. Could be an outlier but I don't think so. This isn't a good indication when young white males in the family want to talk career possibilities. Perhaps a taste of what black families faced in the 50's - 60's but how did that turn out?

I understand we've had big changes before. Civil war, WW1 and 2. The depression. Civil rights struggles. But through all of that the culture stayed the same. Hard work brings success, family first, education as a basis for a good life, respect elders etc. This part of our society is rapidly changing. Mostly for the worse.

Last edited:
While most either loved or hated him, foreign countries soon learned not to F with Trump.

I remember an interview of his one time where the leader of some country (S Korea maybe?) said that he may attack the US. Trump’s counter was “he has 12 minutes before we are fully in position to carry out a full blown attack on his country,” or something to that effect. Totally showed the world that he took no sh..

This isn’t me endorsing Trump, just endorsing any President that stands up to those threatening us.
"Did you used to have to worry about teachers touching kids, or showing wholly inappropriate material or dishing out some insane diatribe? My parents never even worried about it because the world was more sensible."

My kids are in their 50's. When they were being raised I NEVER worried about teachers touching them or teaching anything other mainstream ideas. I have grandchildren (college to early teens) and a couple of great grandchildren ( elementary school) . My concern for them varies on where they live. I don't worry at all about the one's in a very rural setting (Montana and Alabama). But I am concerned about those close to a city (Atlanta and here). For all of them, housing will be a huge problem. The median house of 1960 would cost just $104,619 in 2020 dollars, far below the actual cost of $240,500, meaning housing costs have increased by 129%. Median household income has only grown by 39% in that same time period, from $49,232 (2020 dollars) in 1960 to $68,703 today. This is meaningful because owning a house is the basis for 95% of family wealth.

I had an easy time counseling and channeling my children on career paths. For someone currently in their 50's any 4 year degree was a path to success. No guarantee - but unless you had demons you could pursue a career path that was logical. Now, not so much. I was recently in a hospital visiting a relative in an Atlanta suburb. In the waiting room, the hospital had their internal magazine available and I read most of it. Good info on staying healthy plus a story on their 18 new residents and picture of the entire group. Of the 18, there was not one Caucasian male. Could be an outlier but I don't think so. This isn't a good indication when young white males in the family want to talk career possibilities. Perhaps a taste of what black families faced in the 50's - 60's but how did that turn out?

I understand we've had big changes before. Civil war, WW1 and 2. The depression. Civil rights struggles. But through all of that the culture stayed the same. Hard work brings success, family first, education as a basis for a good life, respect elders etc. This part of our society is rapidly changing. Mostly for the worse.
Thank you for your insight.

Far different and for the worse, no doubt.

Never worried about school growing up. It was a safe haven, a place for learning and socializing. That’s what school should be.

Now you have some real whackjobs teaching. I feel badly for the actual good teachers because what they are doing is so important. But when we entrust our children to school, to church, to youth sports, etc …. The expectation is that their well being is taken care of. If a teacher pulled that stuff back in the day, if the parents didn’t decapitate them, they were ousted from society in a sense. It just wasn’t tolerated. Now we need to tolerate every perversion and indecency. It’s beyond stupid.

I hear what you are saying with location matters. Seems like big cities are complete garbage. They’re Petri dishes for indecency, amorality, etc.

That’s why, yes, if I was retired without children or grandchildren, yes, I could move to the mountain, unplug, and fish the streams without a care in the world. Complete serenity. But it’s not the reality for many people and it’s completely unachievable for some. It’s sad because the simple life, something that used to be prevalent and easily achievable, is so difficult now.

Couldn’t pay me enough to live anywhere other than a large metropolitan area or even in the suburbs of a large city. The most f”d up people I’ve met in my life come from rural areas. We own a lot of houses in several southern states and deal with these people all of the time just backward ass dumbf@cks.

I’m not sure how some people are able to get out of bed everyday with all that they worry about. I admittedly live in a little bit of a bubble and my wife and I despite our UNLV educations have done very well for ourselves which allows us to live a life most can’t. I don’t take that for granted at all and I know tomorrow could be a bad day, but I’ve been fortunate to wake up today open the blinds look out at the ocean and the boats through the sunshine and know that today is a good day.

My point being I don’t worry about what I can’t control.

Last edited:
Maybe I've been lucky but my kid's schools have been perfectly normal (like 80/90s normal) except for the Internet meme shit that kids are exposed to and mimick.

I think some of you might be too influenced by media than what things are actually like in your own day to day life.

Maybe I've been lucky but my kid's schools have been perfectly normal (like 80/90s normal) except for the Internet meme shit that kids are exposed to and mimick.

I think some of you might be too influenced by media than what things are actually like in your own day to day life.
I’ve kept a close eye and haven’t seen anything abnormal with my own kids. Thank God. But maybe I should keep a close eye regardless … I know my parents didn’t because they didn’t have to … so in my own daily life, I’m fine. But I feel like you have to look outside of your bubble to see what’s going on elsewhere, because if it can happen somewhere else, it can happen here.

But irregularities, abnormalities … have been witnessed by children of cousins in big city districts (not in Vegas) … I do think it’s probably far more likely in big cities than towns.

But normalizing any type of unacceptable behaviors is extraordinarily dangerous, imo.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Couldn’t pay me enough to live anywhere other than a large metropolitan area or even in the suburbs of a large city. The most f”d up people I’ve met in my life come from rural areas. We own a lot of houses in several southern states and deal with these people all of the time just backward ass dumbf@cks.

I’m not sure how some people are able to get out of bed everyday with all that they worry about. I admittedly live in a little bit of a bubble and my wife and I despite our UNLV educations have done very well for ourselves which allows us to live a life most can’t. I don’t take that for granted at all and I know tomorrow could be a bad day, but I’ve been fortunate to wake up today open the blinds look out at the ocean and the boats through the sunshine and know that today is a good day.

I don’t worry about what I cannot control, but when you are a parent, protection moves to the front of the line. And it changes the way you look at things, handle things, priorities completely shift.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I don’t worry about what I cannot control, but when you are a parent, protection moves to the front of the line. And it changes the way you look at things, handle things, priorities completely shift.
Although we don’t have kids I know that’s true, but for some reason my parents or the parents of the other kids on my Pop Warner team didn’t seem to worry about 12 of us jumping in the back of our coaches truck and riding 25 miles on the freeway doing 80mph but they worried about us for something else.

Although we don’t have kids I know that’s true, but for some reason my parents or the parents of the other kids on my Pop Warner team didn’t seem to worry about 12 of us jumping in the back of our coaches truck and riding 25 miles on the freeway doing 80mph but they worried about us for something else.
Me neither. That was considered normal. I think we all rode wildly in the back of a pickup back in the day.

It was also normal to leave your front door unlocked during daylight hours. Maybe not everybody, but it was pretty common, nobody does that today.

Me neither. That was considered normal. I think we all rode wildly in the back of a pickup back in the day.

It was also normal to leave your front door unlocked during daylight hours. Maybe not everybody, but it was pretty common, nobody does that today.
Oh you’ve never met my parents, I never had a key to their house in my life. You could swing by right now and walk in if you’d like.

Oh you’ve never met my parents, I never had a key to their house in my life. You could swing by right now and walk in if you’d like.
Here in Sarasota, we more nervous of racoons more than anything at night.
Nothing weird in my kids' schools either. Even though Desantes tried to changed the curriculum, I dont see anything changed. Politicians are full of sh!t.

I dont know enough about the conflicts to have an opinion to swing either way. The Hamas killing women and children by decapitations is beyond forgiven.

Reactions: rebswin2
I dont know enough about the conflicts to have an opinion to swing either way. The Hamas killing women and children by decapitations is beyond forgiven.
That’s a huge problem for me if that’s what went down. I don’t care who did it. And if both sides are doing it, it’s inhumane both ways.

But I’ve also learned you have to be careful of pledging to a side when the media is giving you the details.

That’s a huge problem for me if that’s what went down. I don’t care who did it. And if both sides are doing it, it’s inhumane both ways.

But I’ve also learned you have to be careful of pledging to a side when the media is giving you the details.
This is where the more you know, the more you feels like you dont know. This can trace back to beginning of everything. The people who committed atrocities against kids and women should face the consequences.

This is a beautifully described success story, Wins. Whatever you and your wife did, you two did it right. Love it. And you're living in San Diego. Yes man, it is a beautiful city.

Reactions: RebelScrub
This is where the more you know, the more you feels like you dont know. This can trace back to beginning of everything. The people who committed atrocities against kids and women should face the consequences.
Agreed. Any time kids and women are hurt, somebody should pay. I don’t care who it is. If it’s us doing it to other countries, we should be held accountable.

I know this might sound simplistic, sometimes there is clear cut right and wrong.

And yes, I know we can go back to our own history of traveling East to West and conquering and massacring everything in sight … we fd them over in a big way.

Agreed. Any time kids and women are hurt, somebody should pay. I don’t care who it is. If it’s us doing it to other countries, we should be held accountable.

I know this might sound simplistic, sometimes there is clear cut right and wrong.

And yes, I know we can go back to our own history of traveling East to West and conquering and massacring everything in sight … we fd them over in a big way.
The world need to help and give hope to the regular Palestine people. Hamas, especially the ones that committed atrocities against civilians should be treat like those Russians scum and kill, rape civilians.

The world need to help and give hope to the regular Palestine people. Hamas, especially the ones that committed atrocities against civilians should be treat like those Russians scum and kill, rape civilians.
I think a lot of people probably consider Hamas and Palestine to be the same … if that attack video was true, everyone should want Hamas held responsible … even non-hamas Palestinians.

It’s just fkd that human life doesn’t matter much anymore. Anywhere.

I think a lot of people probably consider Hamas and Palestine to be the same … if that attack video was true, everyone should want Hamas held responsible … even non-hamas Palestinians.

It’s just fkd that human life doesn’t matter much anymore. Anywhere.
It is still matter to a lot of us, Joe. Just because scums are empowered in pockets of the world where they want Autocracies, doesn't mean we should bend to that rules. Our country and our up bringing teaches us better than that. We can tell the difference between autocracies, dicatatorships and Freedom. There is no question about it. The dictators around the world want to create chaos. Hamas is an insect that need to be squash as soon as possible so we can get back to focusing on the real war in Ukraine. Iran got their hands in this Gaza massacre some how? Can't say anything until we can prove it...

It is still matter to a lot of us, Joe. Just because scums are empowered in pockets of the world where they want Autocracies, doesn't mean we should bend to that rules. Our country and our up bringing teaches us better than that. We can tell the difference between autocracies, dicatatorships and Freedom. There is no question about it. The dictators around the world want to create chaos. Hamas is an insect that need to be squash as soon as possible so we can get back to focusing on the real war in Ukraine. Iran got their hands in this Gaza massacre some how? Can't say anything until we can prove it...
We should never cave to things that we all know are wrong. I think they’re all criminal (the politicians here and everywhere). Beyond that, I really do believe they’re innately evil.

New images coming in, Gaza is looking like Mariupol ...completely level. There are some people still survives. How? I hope Israel stop bombing and go ground combat...just get Hamas.

Before we label who the good guys and who the bad guys are…

I learned today that Israel funded Hamas

We need Israel to quit killing civilians with their bombings. Kills the Hamas but STOP kilingl the civilians

Brutal image

War is delay due to Hamas said that they will release the foreign captors.
Israel is holding back against Hamas and Palestines city in the Gaza.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT