ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Reb! Isaiah Speedy Morris

???

Is this sarcasm?

Plenty of successful runningbacks over and under 6' tall in the NFL.

Are you actually saying you don't want backs over 6 feet or knocking the recruit because he happens to be short?

In either instance it makes no sense.
I want running backs around 5'9". He's perfect. The defense can't see him to start off with.

Of all the 'measurables' for running backs, I ignore height either way.

This kid is electric. He is a great get for UNLV. Bigger schools may pass on him due to size, which is good for us.
I'm glad we got him. We need the local high school players because they can compete in the MW. My point is that running backs who are too tall are injury prone and easier to tackle. Show me a running back six feet and taller who was durable.

Depends on the injury. Eddie George was pretty durable, and tough to tackle and tall. Le'Veon Bell pretty tough to tackle 6'2 suffered freak knee injury that had zero to do with height. Matt Forte has been pretty durable for his career tough to tackle. Eric Dickerson 6'3.

Jerome Bettis and Marshawn Lynch both close to the 6'0 mark and both pretty durable, both tough to tackle.

Doug Martin who is very short had an injury plagued 2nd season. I don't think there is any correlation between height and injury. Every individual is different. Its like boxing, there is no one factor that determines why some guys have good chins and others don't.
Shorter running backs are harder to tackle as well. They have a leverage advantage.

Shorter running backs are harder to tackle as well. They have a leverage advantage.
By that token you can say that short OL are better because they can get under the defense's pads better.

I don't see an advantage either way in terms of taller versus shorter RB's. I'll take a backfield full of Adrien Peterson types any day.

Reactions: rebelx

Absolutely not 1 ounce of fact in that statement.

In regards to injury, there is no connection between height and injury with running backs. Zero point zero.

If you wanted to make an informative comment regarding injuries in football here is one.

According to recent studies, there is mountng evidence there may be a correlation between players who return to soon from concussions or had concussions go undiagnosed and sustaining lower leg injuries specifically ACL MCL tears.

The average height and weight for NFL runningbacks is 5'll 215lbs. Meaning taller 6'0 and over and shorter 5'9 and under guys are getting drafted and succeeding.

If you can play you can play regardless of stature. This kid can play.

Last edited:
Let's start another thread for debating physical characteristics for our position players. He deserves his own thread to welcome him.

Imagine if you're a recruit/commit and the thread welcoming you turns into "he's going to break his leg because he's a certain height".. I would decommit and site this as my reason. Ha ha

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT