ADVERTISEMENT

Is a Losing Season acceptable?

Is a Losing Season acceptable?

• Total voters

manic water

Lottery Pick
Mar 15, 2009
Does Menzies get a pass for a losing season in his first year?

Keep in mind, UNLV has had 3 losing seasons in 47 years and none since the 1995/96 season.

Kept it simple, Yes or No options.

Last edited:
I voted NO simply because I want to keep that 20 year streak of no losing seasons going but I guess if it doesn't work out that way, I'm not going to hold it against Coach, considering the schedule.

I guess I'm on the fence... maybe I should have added a third option :oops:

I don't mind a losing season. I DO mind finishing in the bottom half of a loser conference. I didn't realize we had had such a strong winning streak. I tell everyone I know and I hope to tell it to MM soon. I am supposed to meet down there on other topic ( I will report what I think of him from the personal meet later), but I will give him my expectations. My expectation, be a contender for the title (We aren't winning it), but I am sick of being in the bottom half of the conference. We need to be in the top half. I am pretty sure that most AAU coaches could take the talent we have and be in the top half. How we weren't is a testament of how awful the coaching was. GS sees gold in Pat, Zimm got drafted and two others are probably at least going to be in the D league. No other team in the MWC can boast that and we didn't win or even come close.

Anyway, I'm OK with losing season as our boys might take some time to gel and we have a killer non-conference schedule. But come conference time I am expecting to win some games. Defend the home court and pick up a couple of steals away.

I don't think it is acceptable but no way would I hold it against this staff or team. Only 2 players from last year with only 1 playing any minutes at all. Only the Kentuckys of today could pull that off. I will be there every game rooting them on though

Reactions: LVKryptonite
that mother(^(*^7% Chris Bird did some serious damage. to be honest, i am soooooooo glad he isn't our coach or the Leprechaun. those guys scream anything but Vegas.

the ineptness of the AD and her fat mouth caused too much damage that to have a winning season, Menzies would have to be a magician of Houdini proportions to pull it off. we have some cupcakes that will help pad our wins, but the dreaded Mountain West will eat us alive. it's been the dreaded Mountain West ever since we joined it because for some reason we play in it like it's the ACC. i'm going off history. hopefully this coaching staff will eventually be able to do something that a HOF coach or the former Rebel couldn't do.

i like Menzies a lot and i am really glad he's our coach. out of all the coaches they went after, i feel like he's got the most chance at staying (if successful). Menzies is like Westgate, he's the Truth.

can't wait to hear what you think of him LVKryptonite.

someone i know well said that MM was his 20th choice, but each time he speaks with him, he keeps growing on him. nothing but positive now. he's a normal guy who is beyond happy to be a Rebel. you'd think UNLV was his alma mater.

that mother(^(*^7% Chris Bird did some serious damage. to be honest, i am soooooooo glad he isn't our coach or the Leprechaun. those guys scream anything but Vegas.

the ineptness of the AD and her fat mouth caused too much damage that to have a winning season, Menzies would have to be a magician of Houdini proportions to pull it off. we have some cupcakes that will help pad our wins, but the dreaded Mountain West will eat us alive. it's been the dreaded Mountain West ever since we joined it because for some reason we play in it like it's the ACC. i'm going off history. hopefully this coaching staff will eventually be able to do something that a HOF coach or the former Rebel couldn't do.

i like Menzies a lot and i am really glad he's our coach. out of all the coaches they went after, i feel like he's got the most chance at staying (if successful). Menzies is like Westgate, he's the Truth.

can't wait to hear what you think of him LVKryptonite.

someone i know well said that MM was his 20th choice, but each time he speaks with him, he keeps growing on him. nothing but positive now. he's a normal guy who is beyond happy to be a Rebel. you'd think UNLV was his alma mater.

If you were trying to destroy a program, this was the perfect storm. There might be more, but I can't think of anything. To be honest, I wouldn't have believed half the stuff if you told me that was going to happen.

I have to stay calm and practice breathing and remember that TM has to be gone someday.

I have lots of meetings, but the meeting with MM is the one I look forward to the most as I love the Rebels and I always try to spin everything positive. Man I hope he is the ONE.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT