ADVERTISEMENT

If I am DRF...

RebelBuzz

Retired Number
Jan 13, 2015
Here’s my conversation with CTS:

If you would like to continue as head coach at UNLV, you will fire coordinators immediately/end of season (I’m fine either way). It’s them or you. You choose.

Reactions: Kswoll
TMK major hires are now 20-43.

We basically had an arrogant secretary running the athletic department. She is some assistant now on campus. Only at UNLV. I guess Livengood, Koloskie and Rothermerel were too good. UNLV is a joke!!

We basically had an arrogant secretary running the athletic department. She is some assistant now on campus. Only at UNLV. I guess Livengood, Koloskie and Rothermerel were too good. UNLV is a joke!!
UNLV crapped on Livengood. He wanted to succeed, he at least had big goals and a major vision to get us to P5. But he needed support. It was completely denied.

UNLV crapped on Livengood. He wanted to succeed, he at least had big goals and a major vision to get us to P5. But he needed support. It was completely denied.

Very true. He also wanted to do things his way. The boosters didn’t like that. He turned down being a commissioner of a conference while at UNLV. UNLV is such a joke!

Unlv is a joke, the state of Nevada is a joke when it comes to education, gun control is next

UNLV really is a joke now. People shouldn’t waste their time with this sh$t show.

Move Unlv football down or get rid of football and give the money to basketball and Unlv hockey ?

We are probably going FCS in a few years. There is no way we are getting into a Power 5 conference. I could easily see us in the Big Sky.

Man, it feels like Coach Menzies will have the weight of the world on his shoulders. When the Runnin Rebels are in the tournament or at least on the bubble and hopeful, football’s incompetence gets the blind eye and things are OK. With football still down, and basketball trending down (for now), it’s like the whole UNLV athletic department is ready to crumble.

A feel-good basketball season (at least feeling like we are trending upward) seems like it would be at least a temporary glimmer of hope that Vegas doesn’t just become Raider and VGK town...

Man, it feels like Coach Menzies will have the weight of the world on his shoulders. When the Runnin Rebels are in the tournament or at least on the bubble and hopeful, football’s incompetence gets the blind eye and things are OK. With football still down, and basketball trending down (for now), it’s like the whole UNLV athletic department is ready to crumble.

A feel-good basketball season (at least feeling like we are trending upward) seems like it would be at least a temporary glimmer of hope that Vegas doesn’t just become Raider and VGK town...
It's kind of snowballing. At a really bad time.

Football can alleviate a little bit of pressure from hoops. Basketball can alleviate a ton of pressure from football.

Historical low basketball, increased focus on football and football is hyped - a giant egg laid...

It's probably the worst cycle we've been in when you consider everything - and now you have competition.

Here’s my conversation with CTS:

If you would like to continue as head coach at UNLV, you will fire coordinators immediately/end of season (I’m fine either way). It’s them or you. You choose.

CTS Reply:
But if Rodgers does not go down we SHOULD be 5-2.

CTS Reply:
But if Rodgers does not go down we SHOULD be 5-2.
This was a joke from CTS press conference last week when he said we "should" be 4-2 right now. I guess some people don't get it.

Will TS be gone or Cotton or Bear first
Both coordinators should be gone. I still think Sanchez is the right guy to start turning the corner, but he needs to take leadership and make obvious moves. Money still follows him and he still is recruiting better than anybody we could afford. But there are too many issues not to make changes.

Reactions: rebneck
Both coordinators should be gone. I still think Sanchez is the right guy to start turning the corner, but he needs to take leadership and make obvious moves. Money still follows him and he still is recruiting better than anybody we could afford. But there are too many issues not to make changes.

Agreed. Defense is and has been poorly coached for years. Cotton gets out coached consistently in the second half. Keep Sanchez . Not sure about assistants. Very frustrating year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT