ADVERTISEMENT

I don't get it- Armani

VegasKC SDM

Lottery Pick
Jan 16, 2006
Hello everyone. Haven't posted on here in many years. I am so annoyed at Sanchez's stubbornness to stick with Armani until even after it's mathematically impossible to win the game. I have to say something.

There is no longer "upside" or "future" with this project. Armani is no better as a "quarterback" today than he was as a freshman. Can't read a defense. Can't go through a progression (it's one and RUN). Can't move in the backfield while keeping eyes down field. Makes a simple check down or pass in the backfield look as difficult as Frodo taking the ring to Mordor! No touch on the deep ball. Can't lead a moving target. Can't command the height of his throws. Can't throw a catchable ball on the run. If he throws to the WRs down field, crowd holds collective breath that it's not picked. Our WRs are STARVING and badly underutilized! What's all this for? So we can keep the read run option alive (can't even call it a RPO)? The defense doesn't respect the pass. They can always key on BOTH the RB and QB comfortably because there's no risk of a big play behind them at the second level if they pressure and contain Armani. So where's the advantage? Rodgers is no faster or athletic than any LB out there. Not a tremendous advantage in the run game anyway. We will not sustain drives against anyone not named SJSU or SUU.

Schematically, Arkansas St. defense absolutely NAILED IT tonight against our Armani offense. Their calls were perfectly devised for the continual habits/limitations that Rodgers always resorts to. The book is now out on Rodgers and our offense like never before as of tonight. The season is lost if our coaches are short on ideas.

If we can fix the passing game, the strength of our running game (Williams) will be more effective than with the read run option. The defense will be stretched wide and vertically. Then you can implement play-action. If you lower the predictability you increase the success. Result is everyone has more space to make plays. I looked up predictable in the dictionary and found a picture of Armani Rodgers.

Tonight was the beginning of the end for Sanchez. We needed this win for even an outside chance at a bowl. DRF made it very clear what the expectation is. Sanchez is a fighter getting pummeled on the ropes. The only way to maybe save things and live another season (or round) is to try a different tactic. Doing nothing different will only win us 3 games, likely get Armani injured 3rd season in a row, and get Sanchez dismissed.

I only wish that we had a highly decorated local QB to turn to that has shown the ability and tools to read a defense, go through progressions, get rid of a ball while demonstrating composure with sound footwork and mechanics to deliver a quick, tight, and accurate ball. Does anyone have any idea who could help us? Our last QB with those attributes and abilities (and similar frame) was Caleb Herring. How did that work out once Hauck woke up? Hauck lived another round because of it.

I'd like Armani as a opportunistic wildcat QB. With his size and wing span he would be great at delivering signals from the sideline too. Joking aside, going with Oblad may not be the cure for all our ills, but it's not hard to see that something could develop from this down the road. Unfortunately for Sanchez, it won't be down his road. The appeal of the job is about to outgrow and surpass him anyway...empty stadium and all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT