ADVERTISEMENT

I can’t believe

UNLVWINS

Lottery Pick
May 14, 2005
I can’t believe we lost to a 2-8 BYU team with a backup QB. The BYU runningback ran all over the place. What a total embarrassment!

BYU looked the superior team last night. With the overal reputation of their program I knew they would be ready for us

Yeah. This isn’t SJSU or Hawaii. They were ready to go. Our guys were totally unprepared.

I can’t believe we lost to a 2-8 BYU team with a backup QB. The BYU runningback ran all over the place. What a total embarrassment!
Listen, it’s a game that we should have found a way to win. But let’s not go over the top. Yes, BYU has lost 8 games, but they’ve also lost to Utah, BSU, Wisconsin, and LSU. Agaisnt a schedule like ours, BYU is probably 5-5 or 6-4 at this point of the season.

It was a matchup of 2 similar teams with dissimilar schedules. And it was a close game. We throw an interception in the endzone, they make a tiptoe catch in the back corner. A couple plays here or there swing that game one way or the other.

Reactions: johncnlv
Listen, it’s a game that we should have found a way to win. But let’s not go over the top. Yes, BYU has lost 8 games, but they’ve also lost to Utah, BSU, Wisconsin, and LSU. Agaisnt a schedule like ours, BYU is probably 5-5 or 6-4 at this point of the season.

It was a matchup of 2 similar teams with dissimilar schedules. And it was a close game. We throw an interception in the endzone, they make a tiptoe catch in the back corner. A couple plays here or there swing that game one way or the other.

Exactly. The odd issue was run defense. Canada killed us nearly matching his season total in one game

Reactions: RebelBuzz
Really?!? you can't believe that we could lose a game like this??? ....you must be a new fan of UNLV football then... because, you don't even need to go past the current season, to find examples of the UNLV football team losing games to teams it should beat....

It's simple to me though... when your defense sucks as bad as ours, and your offense isn't great, and your special teams give up 30 to 35 yards on every return after kickoff, and on offense the special teams averages 15 yards on kick returns (special teams is a joke).... this is what happens. You lose games that you could win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT