ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Raiders

1Tripoda

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2009
The Raiders got themselves a home run hire. Both the coach and the GM is an integral part of New England's success. Should be some good games in the coming years.

Reactions: Rebelsss
McDaniels was much worse at Denver than Bellichick was at Cleveland. He was the brain child behind using a 1st round pick on Tim Tebow. Thankfully for Denver, Andrew Luck was too good for the Colts to pass up which set the dominoes in motion for Peyton Manning to land in Denver.

Hoping that McDaniels does learn from that experience they way Bill did from his Cleveland experience. Step 1 would be to fully embrace Carr as the franchise QB so that he doesn’t have to keep wondering whether or not he’ll be traded. Only caveat to that would be if you had a legit shot to get Rodgers and D. Adams, then you’d have to strongly consider it. Just better be sure you can get them and with Hackett landing in Denver, I’m guessing the Raiders chances are slim.

Too soon to say home run hire for Mc Daniels but last time he was hired as a HC it certainly wasnt a home run.

Based on the last 25 years or so of a once proud franchise that is now an absolute clown show, at least as of now Id bet that it wont work out.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Interesting that McDaniels years at Denver are like Bellicheat's at Cleveland.
Coach Bellichek is a defensive guru before he became a head coach. McDaniel is an offensive guy. I haven't seen who he is bringing in as his DC. If Matt Patricia is coming, watch out.

Too soon to say home run hire for Mc Daniels but last time he was hired as a HC it certainly wasnt a home run.

Based on the last 25 years or so of a once proud franchise that is now an absolute clown show, at least as of now Id bet that it wont work out.
McDaniels was a Sh#$ show here in Denver! He was hated by the entire organization, even the secretaries hated him by the time he got fired.

I am not convinced either way about a coach who had 2 years of failure 21 years ago.
But Bellicheat had 5 of 6 bad years at his beginning.
The best strategy with a new coach is to call it a terrible hire, point out how awful he is.
Then, if he fails, we can say I told you so. If he succeeds, we can say that we were wrong, but who cares, because we are winning. No lose situation. Lol.
So, I think he will suck. Davis doesn't know football.

Saright about the perspectives. If he win Superbowls, he will be a messiah like his father.
Bro, aren’t you a fins fan? I’d be pissed that they fired Flores. The offense sucked but the defense was very good..

He is an excellent OC and developer of quarterbacks but he will have assistants to do that so not sure we get the benefit of his strengths. Not sure if he will be a good head coach the jury is out. I do think as bad as he is at picking Tebow he does know receivers as he drafted Decker and Thomas. We need a receiver so hopefully he nails that pick. Supposedly Zeigler was a driving force behind the Pats most recent draft which was a grand slam draft so hopefully he works out. Not a fan of Mayock at all so I think that will be a big step up.

Reactions: 1Tripoda
that is an accurate statement, his dad did, Jr is a complete idiot.
He definitely did up until the early 2000's but then he didn't change with the times and made some really bad picks. I already forgot the name of the "speedster" he drafted at WR whose description was lightning fast with terrible hands. That is what you want to draft in the first round a receiver who can't catch the ball.

Reactions: 1Tripoda
Pats fan, bro. I was hoping McDaniel pick an NFC team

Hopefully he doesn't bring that same success as former Cheatriot's Krsuty P (Phat Patricia) and Sideshow Bob Quinn brought to the Detroit Lions! How bad do you have to be to make the Lions have worse Defense in team history? Even worse than the 0-16 season!! SMFH

He definitely did up until the early 2000's but then he didn't change with the times and made some really bad picks. I already forgot the name of the "speedster" he drafted at WR whose description was lightning fast with terrible hands. That is what you want to draft in the first round a receiver who can't catch the ball.

Heyward-Bey.

a lot of people don’t know that Al Davis was a college a professional coach for many years, his last two years he as the Raiders head coach.

I agree toward the end I think he lost his mind.

Heyward-Bey.

a lot of people don’t know that Al Davis was a college a professional coach for many years, his last two years he as the Raiders head coach.

I agree toward the end I think he lost his mind.
Lol yep that was it Darius Heyward-Bey man was that guy a bust. Only worse pick was Captain Fat Ass (aka Jamarcus "Jelly Bean" Russell).

Reactions: RebelScrub
I absolutely think we’ll see Kap play for the Raiders.

5 years ago was an eternity. If they can bring back a Dude for dog fighting, you can come back from kneeling.

I absolutely think we’ll see Kap play for the Raiders.

5 years ago was an eternity. If they can bring back a Dude for dog fighting, you can come back from kneeling.
I don't understand why anyone would want Kap on their team at this point. He hasn't played since 2016 and was pretty terrible back then. His record as a starter in his last 2 years was 3-16. Plus he's going to be a massive locker room distraction. Whether he plays or not, if the Raiders win, its going to be all about him, if they lose, it's going to be all about him. That'll get old for his teammates really quick.

I don't understand why anyone would want Kap on their team at this point. He hasn't played since 2016 and was pretty terrible back then. His record as a starter in his last 2 years was 3-16. Plus he's going to be a massive locker room distraction. Whether he plays or not, if the Raiders win, its going to be all about him, if they lose, it's going to be all about him. That'll get old for his teammates really quick.
If they want to give him a shot, he should get a shot. From a subpar quarterback to a roster quarterback after aging and taking no snaps for such a long stretch seems very implausible. Seems more like a open armublicity stunt, stay off our backs, we are good people type of thing.

If he was good enough, I suspect he would have caught on somewhere. There have been people with more unsavory ideals or actual criminals that have received second/third chances … because nobody gives a shit (as long as it’s not too far over the line) if you can actually contribute.

I don’t believe in depriving opportunities for people based upon how people think. Don’t get me wrong; there are lines. But if everyone says you suck and aren’t worth taking … don’t play the victim … you suck and aren’t worth taking. If you can help a team, they’ll take you.

People that always play the victim are the selfish ones, they make every situation about them. They can’t man up and look in their mirror and admit some ugly truths.

If they want to give him a shot, he should get a shot. From a subpar quarterback to a roster quarterback after aging and taking no snaps for such a long stretch seems very implausible. Seems more like a open armublicity stunt, stay off our backs, we are good people type of thing.

If he was good enough, I suspect he would have caught on somewhere. There have been people with more unsavory ideals or actual criminals that have received second/third chances … because nobody gives a shit (as long as it’s not too far over the line) if you can actually contribute.

I don’t believe in depriving opportunities for people based upon how people think. Don’t get me wrong; there are lines. But if everyone says you suck and aren’t worth taking … don’t play the victim … you suck and aren’t worth taking. If you can help a team, they’ll take you.

People that always play the victim are the selfish ones, they make every situation about them. They can’t man up and look in their mirror and admit some ugly truths.

Honestly I'm not sure how much he wants to really play football.

I'm not saying he wasn't blacklisted, but he's done plenty to make teams think twice the last few years.

I'm inclined to believe he's more about building his brand and being relevant as an activist vs actually playing football.

I could be wrong, we'll see.

He's not devoid of talent.

Reactions: j. spilotro
Honestly I'm not sure how much he wants to really play football.

I'm not saying he wasn't blacklisted, but he's done plenty to make teams think twice the last few years.

I'm inclined to believe he's more about building his brand and being relevant as an activist vs actually playing football.

I could be wrong, we'll see.

He's not devoid of talent.
He has talent. He whipped our asses with ease, not like that’s saying much. But you could see he had a ton of talent back then. Just not NFL high level talent, imo. That’s nothing to be ashamed of, a huge percentage of prime college athletes aren’t NFL high talent.

He’s not dumb. I can tell you that. He’s creating and taking advantage of issues, using them to his benefit, especially once he realized he doesn’t have what it takes to make money in the NFL. I personally find it sickening, but he found loopholes and weaknesses and exploited them to his benefit (imo). People do what they gotta do to make money.

Untalented “artists” make money all the time based on shallow fads (look at that silly ATM boy band or whatever they’re called). Talentless.

Look at the friggin’ Kardashian’s, not a solitary working brain cell in the family, but they craft a meaningless niche that some people gobble up and they make tons. “Influencers” … let’s get real, they’re taking advantage of weak minds.

Not blaming them, like I said, people do what they gotta do to make a living. I just have zero respect for their abilities or supposed talent and I sure as shit ain’t taking life advice, medical advice, any advice, from brainless morons that I have zero respect for. Not that my respect for them adds up to a hill of beans, I’m a nobody.

As long as there is ignorance and weak mindedness, which there will always be, there’s a way for people to capitalize.

He has talent. He whipped our asses with ease, not like that’s saying much. But you could see he had a ton of talent back then. Just not NFL high level talent, imo. That’s nothing to be ashamed of, a huge percentage of prime college athletes aren’t NFL high talent.

He’s not dumb. I can tell you that. He’s creating and taking advantage of issues, using them to his benefit, especially once he realized he doesn’t have what it takes to make money in the NFL. I personally find it sickening, but he found loopholes and weaknesses and exploited them to his benefit (imo). People do what they gotta do to make money.

Untalented “artists” make money all the time based on shallow fads (look at that silly ATM boy band or whatever they’re called). Talentless.

Look at the friggin’ Kardashian’s, not a solitary working brain cell in the family, but they craft a meaningless niche that some people gobble up and they make tons. “Influencers” … let’s get real, they’re taking advantage of weak minds.

Not blaming them, like I said, people do what they gotta do to make a living. I just have zero respect for their abilities or supposed talent and I sure as shit ain’t taking life advice, medical advice, any advice, from brainless morons that I have zero respect for. Not that my respect for them adds up to a hill of beans, I’m a nobody.

As long as there is ignorance and weak mindedness, which there will always be, there’s a way for people to capitalize.

He's very offensive specific.

Guys like Aaaron Rodgers and Pat Mahomes could play in virtually any offense. Same with guys like D. Watson and Herbert.

Guys like Kaepernick and to some degree Lamar Jackson, the offense needs to fit their skill set.

Kaepernick has a huge arm. Can make plays with his legs, is a pretty accurate passer.

He really only had one bad year in the NFL.

But, with guys like him and Jackson, you're backup has to have a similiar skill set or you have to completely flip the playbook.

Not every team is willing to do that. Not every team wants the circus that will follow Kaepernick..

Him being out of football since 2016 says all that we need to know about his chances of getting into a regular season NFL uniform again.

The speed of live action will be too much for him now.

The Raiders did someone a favor and K gets to keep his name in the media a little longer.

I hate to think they pick him up. It would only be drama. Sports can be a sanctuary from drama. I live with women therefore I have enough drama in my life already.

Kap chooses to play for the plantation as a slave? I'd have never believe it

Kap chooses to play for the plantation as a slave? I'd have never believe it
He’s an ultimate hypocrite. For a guy with such hard held strong beliefs, he isn’t afraid to fully compromise them.

He’s certainly no dummy. He knows what he’s doing. It’s all about the $$$ and doing whatever you can to get it. He’d sell his mother for a nickel.

But you know what? Lots of people are doing that right very thing now. Doesn’t make it right, but it’s an acceptable norm right now.

My how we’ve fallen and been absolutely societally engulfed by immorality.

Reactions: Mojo702
He’s an ultimate hypocrite. For a guy with such hard held strong beliefs, he isn’t afraid to fully compromise them.

He’s certainly no dummy. He knows what he’s doing. It’s all about the $$$ and doing whatever you can to get it. He’d sell his mother for a nickel.

But you know what? Lots of people are doing that right very thing now. Doesn’t make it right, but it’s an acceptable norm right now.

My how we’ve fallen and been absolutely societally engulfed by immorality.
Do you know if its true that he never voted before he took a knee for the National Anthem?

If there's one thing that I can guarantee you I won't watch, it's a Colin Kap documentary. What a ridiculous take that is, comparing the NFL draft to slavery. No one is forcing these guys to play football. And I don't recall slaves getting paid millions of dollars and living in their own mansions.
I’m a slave making 100x more than most Americans … and I hate the slave system … but sign me up.

If there's one thing that I can guarantee you I won't watch, it's a Colin Kap documentary. What a ridiculous take that is, comparing the NFL draft to slavery. No one is forcing these guys to play football. And I don't recall slaves getting paid millions of dollars and living in their own mansions.

It's pretty bad..

I actually am pretty to the left on things like criminal justice reform...

But the nonsense takes in the documentary make it a difficult watch.

Stuff about him as a kid is fine. Even interesting.

Any parts with him actually narrating...

Whoo boy..

Between his delivery and some pretty ridiculous social commentary 'the combine being like the slave markets' are pretty cringeworthy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT