ADVERTISEMENT

Hunkie Cooper

The way Cooper responded shows how much class he has! If there is an open position, I would love to see him considered for UNLV.

The way Cooper responded shows how much class he has! If there is an open position, I would love to see him considered for UNLV.
If I ever reproduce and have a son in my lifetime, I’m naming him “Hunkie”. Such a cool f’n name.

I remember Hunkie completing a screen pass to Cooper who scored a TD and then Hunkie nailed the XP, performed an onside kick and recovered the kick.

Just kidding, of course, but when he played, no name was announced more. He really was all over the field.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
I know it’s Odom’s team but I hope he reaches out.

Him back to UNLV in some capacity would be a home run hire..

I remember Hunkie completing a screen pass to Cooper who scored a TD and then Hunkie nailed the XP, performed an onside kick and recovered the kick.

Just kidding, of course, but when he played, no name was announced more. He really was all over the field.

If I were the PA guy I would be crediting him with tackles he didn't have just to get to say Hunkie...

If I were the PA guy I would be crediting him with tackles he didn't have just to get to say Hunkie...
I took a friend from Montana who had zero interest in sports to his first football game. He was just barely watching, talking with people. At some point in the 2nd quarter, after hearing his name for the 40th time, he asked me how many Coopers were on the field.

Good guy, last time I saw him was several years ago at Sam Boyd at halftime of a game, he bought me a beer.
First time I met him was probably my first day on campus at UNLV, we lived in the dorms together.
You lived in dorm A?

I took a friend from Montana who had zero interest in sports to his first football game. He was just barely watching, talking with people. At some point in the 2nd quarter, after hearing his name for the 40th time, he asked me how many Coopers were on the field.

Definetly one of my top 10 favorite Rebels to watch play.

No particular order.

Hunkie Cooper
Devante Davis
Beau Bell
Ryan Claridge
Jamaal Brimmer
Lexington Thomas
Adam Seward
Charles William's
Tim Cornett
Ryan Wolfe

Definetly one of my top 10 favorite Rebels to watch play.

No particular order.

Hunkie Cooper
Devante Davis
Beau Bell
Ryan Claridge
Jamaal Brimmer
Lexington Thomas
Adam Seward
Charles William's
Tim Cornett
Ryan Wolfe
Me..

Amar Briscoe
Dominique Dorsey
Eric Wright
Rocky Hinds
Bret Gilbert
James Sunia
Philip “half Filipino dream” Payne
Jamaal Brimmer
Randy Black
Suge Knight

P: Andy McDonald

Me..

Amar Briscoe
Dominique Dorsey
Eric Wright
Rocky Hinds
Bret Gilbert
James Sunia
Jamaal Brimmer
Randy Black
Suge Knight

Eric Wright was really good.

Payne was close for me. Probably part of my two best memories as a Rebel fan.

Back to back weeks with amazing catches to beat ASU and ISU...

Damn it that year 4 Sanford team was close...

• Sad
Reactions: RebelScrub
Eric Wright was really good.

Payne was close for me. Probably part of my two best memories as a Rebel fan.

Back to back weeks with amazing catches to beat ASU and ISU...

Damn it that year 4 Sanford team was close...
Bro, after that Dallas game yesterday..I f’n HATE kickers!!

The fix was so in!!

4 straight missed FG..

Nic Garritano is my all time fave UNLV kicker btw.

See I thought we had a connection for a second and you go and post some nonsense about having a favorite kicker.

Nobody should have a favorite kicker.

Imagine being a father. Weekend after weekend throwing the old pigskin in the backyard....Only for your son to grow up and be a kicker so he can miss extra points. Or even worse a punter who shanks punts. Not to mention even if your son is a 'good' punter nobody wants to see him on the field because the offense stalled and you're punting!

Last edited:
The fix was so in!!

4 straight missed FG..

Nic Garritano is my all time fave UNLV kicker btw.
No, four straight missed extra points which is even more egregious than FG’s. He actually missed 5 in a row going back to week 18. Wow, getting paid millions to do one thing...you can’t be that bad.

See I thought we had a connection for a second and you go and post some nonsense about having a favorite kicker.

Imagine being a father. Weekend after weekend throwing the old pigskin in the backyard....Only for your son to grow up and be a kicker so he can miss extra points. Or even worse a punter who shanks punts. Not to mention even if your son is a 'good' punter nobody wants to see him on the field because the offense stalled and you're punting!
You gotta punt sometimes, Bull. Just like not all the "fishes in the sea" are tasty. Punt!

Me..

Amar Briscoe
Dominique Dorsey
Eric Wright
Rocky Hinds
Bret Gilbert
James Sunia
Jamaal Brimmer
Randy Black
Suge Knight

Eric Wright was great but was never thrown to! Nostalgia the most fun to watch.
Also, I know you interviewed Rocky, but really?

Kevin Thomas was also good.

I like nearly all of the J Rob linebackers.

I will throw in Randall Cunningham. I was very young, but watching him play may be my first football memory

• Love
Reactions: RebelScrub

Imagine being a father. Weekend after weekend throwing the old pigskin in the backyard....Only for your son to grow up and be a kicker so he can miss extra points. Or even worse a punter who shanks punts. Not to mention even if you son is a 'good' punter nobody wants to see him on the field because the offense stalled and your punting!
Bro, Nic Garritano kicked into the wind at Sam Boyd Stadium!!

Clark graduate too..

I will throw in Randall Cunningham. I was very young, but watching him play may be my first football memory
I did interview Rocky Hinds!!

Rocky had the Air Force game and that was about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT