ADVERTISEMENT

Homer Job Bullcrap

BornRebelRed

Retired Number
Gold Member
Oct 15, 2007
The refs should be investigated and reprimanded for all the BS calls they made against us. Besides the two touchdowns they called back on bogus calls, and the non pass interference at the goal line call, the most egregious call was the roughing the passer call on the last drive. Totally unbelievable ANN they also wanted targeting for some unexplained reason. Very corrupt officials and they didn’t get away with it. Go Rebs… Go Odom…. I’m so ecstatic I can’t see straight. Never seen a Rebel team so focused. They are.. the greatest Rebel team EVER…

The refs should be investigated and reprimanded for all the BS calls they made against us. Besides the two touchdowns they called back on bogus calls, and the non pass interference at the goal line call, the most egregious call was the roughing the passer call on the last drive. Totally unbelievable ANN they also wanted targeting for some unexplained reason. Very corrupt officials and they didn’t get away with it. Go Rebs… Go Odom…. I’m so ecstatic I can’t see straight. Never seen a Rebel team so focused. They are.. the greatest Rebel team EVER…
Every call went against the Rebels when the game was on the line. To their credit, they lined up and played through it. Bigger men than me, I’d have lost it on the field.

Every call went against the Rebels when the game was on the line. To their credit, they lined up and played through it. Bigger men than me, I’d have lost it on the field.
I believe is starts with Odom. He’s very even keeled during the game. While he justifiably got a little worked up, he mostly stayed calm. I think players tend to follow that example and they were able to overcome quite a bit and still win. That, to me, is what is most impressive about this team. Very proud of them for being level headed enough to work through those calls.

Was the 2nd TD called back the blocker downfield?

If it was, then it was probably the right call.

But yeah they were absolutely awful even giving them that.

I believe so, Hasz was the guy, but it looked to me like he was engaged in a block when the ball was thrown, and I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure a lineman can be past the los as long as he's actively blocking.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
I believe so, Hasz was the guy, but it looked to me like he was engaged in a block when the ball was thrown, and I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure a lineman can be past the los as long as he's actively blocking.

Did he break off a block and then go to next level and engage another guy?

I have to go back to the play.

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure he was blocking the same guy(s) the whole time, I might be remembering it wrong though.

Regardless if it was the right call or not, the fact that this officiating crew was digging into their pockets so often, and then had to be buzzed from upstairs on a targeting call, yet couldn't find their flags one time to call a hold on Air Force? Not once? The entire game?

UNLV really should...that was blatantly obvious to every fans who view this game outside of AFA homerism.
It is not like it just one or two plays but this is the whole f*cking game. This is really is ridiculous that no one step in to stop this BS

Reactions: VegasKC SDM
Dude, the ball hit the ground on that replay.
That targeting call is the worst call of all time.

Does anyone have a link to that?

It is not like it just one or two plays but this is the whole f*cking game. This is really is ridiculous that no one step in to stop this BS

For real, it reminds me of the NFL errr....... the refs when Tool Box 12 and Cheatriots played. Having them get a first round by or advanced in the Playoffs for 2 decades. SMFDH

Reactions: LuvMeSomeRebs

I guess it was a right call, but he was nowhere near the play. Also, it was after he got the first down so it should have been 1st down and 10 yards from the foul. Instead the marched the ball back 7 yards? And replayed 3rd down?

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
I guess it was a right call, but he was nowhere near the play. Also, it was after he got the first down so it should have been 1st down and 10 yards from the foul. Instead the marched the ball back 7 yards? And replayed 3rd down?

I agree.

I don't think UNLV will file a 'grievance' with the league like some are suggesting. I do think they may ask for some clarification on a couple of the calls though. And rightfully so.

I'm still chapped about the roughing the passer.

Reactions: reagan21
One angle clear catch. Other angle shown looked close but nowhere near enough to overturn call on the field.
I was full UNLV brain at that moment so it in no way was a catch. But in retrospect, can’t switch that call.

But I’ll be positive until the day I die that the hit on the QB was perfect football. No roughing, no late hit, no targeting.

Worst officiating I’ve seen in college FB. It was rather obvious the refs were doing all they could to swing the game to AFA. Embarrassment. Those refs should be given a weekend away from football at the least.

Reactions: CRhodes1983
This play is initially called for "targeting and roughing the passer". They did retracted the targeting call but could not retract the "roughing the passer". 15 yards penalty on UNLV.

I couldn't believe that call at the time. I put my head down and just said "what the fck". Even the AF fans sitting behind us couldn't believe that call. The guy sitting behind me on some of those bad calls was almost being apologetic. It wasn't his fault. I started to think that maybe some of these refs were military veterans.

• Haha
Reactions: bcvegaspt
I was full UNLV brain at that moment so it in no way was a catch. But in retrospect, can’t switch that call.

But I’ll be positive until the day I die that the hit on the QB was perfect football. No roughing, no late hit, no targeting.

He got to the qb as he finished his throw. Head was off to the side.

What stunk was the original call was roughing the passer not targeting.

If it was just targeting it gets completely overturned.

Said in another post. Odom/UNLV should send that clip in and ask for clarification on it. Say they want to teach their players proper technique in that situation. Force MWC officials to say hey we screwed up...And it doesn't come across like you're bitching.

Reactions: dcut03 and unlove
He got to the qb as he finished his throw. Head was off to the side.

What stunk was the original call was roughing the passer not targeting.

If it was just targeting it gets completely overturned.

Said in another post. Odom/UNLV should send that clip in and ask for clarification on it. Say they want to teach their players proper technique in that situation. Force MWC officials to say hey we screwed up...And it doesn't come across like you're bitching.
The PI, knowing it was a long shot hope, I was hoping it’d be ruled uncatchable, which it may have been. But when there’s an undershirt stretched two feet, it’s going to be called every time.

I’d have to review the hold and illegal man downfield. But I was fuming the second half. Felt like they were trying to job us and I usually don’t get that way with calls, even isolated bad calls … because those happen. When they pile up on one side only and they’re having a profound impact on the final result, I start to get angry.

When we play Air Force at home for the title and we're the MWCs best hope for a NY6 birth we will be the ones getting those calls... 2 more wins #Letsmakehistory

I thought the illegal man downfield was the right call, I thought they had a good picture of it on the replay. The pass took a bit to come out which probably led to the call.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I thought the illegal man downfield was the right call, I thought they had a good picture of it on the replay. The pass took a bit to come out which probably led to the call.
I didn't have a problem with that or the holding he grabbed his jersey clearly so it was a hold.

In CFB an ineligible receiver can't be more than 3 yds downfield at time of the pass. I thought it was 5 yds tbh. But on replay our OL was 'maybe' 3 yds past the LOS. It was an extreme BS call, it wasn't even close to egregious. Also, that is one of the dumbest rules in football. If you want to release an ineligible receiver i.e. OL downfield and open up more pressure in the pocket, it works both ways.

In CFB an ineligible receiver can't be more than 3 yds downfield at time of the pass. I thought it was 5 yds tbh. But on replay our OL was 'maybe' 3 yds past the LOS. It was an extreme BS call, it wasn't even close to egregious. Also, that is one of the dumbest rules in football. If you want to release an ineligible receiver i.e. OL downfield and open up more pressure in the pocket, it works both ways.

It was a bad call after watching it again. I think the reason for that rule is so that OL guys aren't able to engage with LBs downfield prior to a pass being thrown. It would essentially remove them from coverage like running a 'pick' play.

DCs across the country have been harping on this as more and more teams employ RPO elements. They talked about it during the game a bit.

Obvisously they can recant the targeting with replay, are they even able to pick up the flag? I think Roughing technically is not a reviewable call. It is possible they by rule they could not reverse that terrible, terrible call.

I could be wrong.

I think if it had been called targeting on the field it could have been completely reversed. But since it was only flagged for roughing the passer then reviewed for targeting they didnt have the option to reverse the penalty. Its a horrible rule. If replay shows no foul occured they should be able to pick up the flag.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT