ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Reb!!!!

Been searching for any clue but havent been able to track it down yet. Probably hear this week when Dewey puts out his list that follows the current commits and their stats.

Man, that kid is very much needed. He is going to be a stud.

To quote the new Rebel,

"I have been a competitor since kindergarten, playing on a first and second grade basketball team. Competing is something I love to do. The feeling of victory and accomplishment shared with a team outweighs any other reward I have known and I do whatever it takes to assist my team in becoming victorious. This feeling has led me to compete in basketball, swimming, martial arts (he is a black belt), football, board games and academics."

Sounds like a good kid.

Reactions: RedCannon
Good analysis from Norcalpreps:

"If you're interested in finding some of the region's more talented linemen that haven't received major name recognition take a closer look at the line at Pleasant Valley.

Once you've zeroed in on the Chico school's line it will be difficult to miss Ashton Morgan. Line recruits measuring 6-foot-5 and 285 pounds typically stand out, whether they're getting off the bus or towering over smaller defensive linemen.

Morgan just picked up an offer from UNLV and right at the start of the summer he took an unofficial visit to Las Vegas.

Strengths: It's tough not to love Morgan's build, and it seems like pictures and film present a player who stacks up pretty well to his listed height and weight. He doesn't seem to have a lot of bad weight and it appears as though he should be able to enjoy a steady progression over the next few years, ultimately ending up as a 310-320 pounds offensive tackle who looks like a big-time college football player.

Of course, a build alone won't earn a player all-conference honors, and that's exactly one of the accolades won by Morgan last season. As Pleasant Valley's left tackle he was a run blocking force. He's got good strength in the upper and lower body, he locks into a defender and has the power and sheer mass to lean in on him and push him backwards.

He seems to use his hands well right off the ball and seems particularly dominant against smaller players who are trying to step inside. He has the makings of a solid run blocker but more likely at right tackle than left.

Morgan also looks like someone who could play with a good bend.

Areas for Improvement: Morgan needs to show more in his pass sets. He doesn't seem to be the most fleet footed offensive lineman, and while it's impressive that he actually does have some good experience in pass sets as a left tackle, he would probably have to move over to the right side to showcase his strength and perhaps hide some limitations.

If he improves his footwork and quickness that would go a long ways. Morgan could also stand to improve his kick slide. He could have trouble dealing with faster, quicker pass rushers who can go outside and test his balance when they cut back in.

Bottom Line: To make it at the FBS level a high school tackle has to demonstrate a certain level of quickness, footwork and agility. Morgan can get to that point, but he's probably still answering those questions in the minds of coaches who have been slow to pull the trigger. He's got excellent size and will be a good run blocker wherever he ends up. It's possible he could even move inside to guard. He probably deserves at least a high two-star ranking and it wouldn't be surprising at all to see Group of Five offers coming."

Reactions: mvvsmith
Strong kid. OL and DL are everything to this team over the next 1-2 seasons. Stock pile those types of players that the average fan will wonder, "another OL/DL?"

As an Eagles fan I have seen what Dallas has been doing for years. It's paying off. Sanchez needs to continue signing these types of players even when the UNLV fans will ask, "what about the skill positions?!?!?!"

I love what Sanchez is doing with this program. Let's solidify our front 7 on the first and second string and we are well on our way to relevance.

To quote the new Rebel,

"I have been a competitor since kindergarten, playing on a first and second grade basketball team. Competing is something I love to do. The feeling of victory and accomplishment shared with a team outweighs any other reward I have known and I do whatever it takes to assist my team in becoming victorious. This feeling has led me to compete in basketball, swimming, martial arts (he is a black belt), football, board games and academics."

Sounds like a good kid.
That's what you wanna hear from your team, and especially from lineman. They are battling every play. That kind of attitude needed to win those battles.

Reactions: RebelinWA
Strong kid. OL and DL are everything to this team over the next 1-2 seasons. Stock pile those types of players that the average fan will wonder, "another OL/DL?"

As an Eagles fan I have seen what Dallas has been doing for years. It's paying off. Sanchez needs to continue signing these types of players even when the UNLV fans will ask, "what about the skill positions?!?!?!"
It is so true. You have to realize that there is NO other position in football where you always have 5 players of that position on the field at the same time. That's why you can never stop recruiting guys that can play in the trenches, despite the fact that these players don't create nearly the splash of skill position players.

After them, you gotta go with the secondary. Again, you will always have at least 4 secondary on the field at a time, if not 5.

I think we have a real shot at getting Noah Bean. With the facility becoming a reality it will be interesting to see how this class rounds out. Right now we stand at 8 Commits out of 21 Schollie's available.

Of course like last year spots can open up in spring and add some late signees like we did with Holloway and Carr in the summer.

There are a couple guys I do not expect to be back next year with the team. That should open up a scholarship or two.
Care to give us a hint as to who, or are you just expecting a couple to fall by the wayside without any specific info as to who it might be?

If X didn't see the field this year, I would have thought it would be him. I expect to see turnover on the O line amongst the three's. The talent level is definitely rising.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT