ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Reb X3

Mark Anderson not being able to get the word on the last two recruits makes me wonder if the staff is keeping these guys under wraps. Usually doesn't take this long for him to get word. Also odd not to see guys getting congratulated on twitter/social media about their commitments by now.

Purely speculation, but this may be the staff trying to keep a particular guy under the radar. Something similar to a guy like Brandon Pressley who's high school production probably warranted a few more looks and offers than he got.

Could be they are saving them for when they announce the full class like an Armani Rogers (let this be true).

Or they are still in the process of making sure credits/grades and things of that nature are in order. My least favorite reason.

Or none of the above and I am just impatient and do not like waiting.
I believe that it's a combination of those reasons.

I believe that it's a combination of those reasons.
There is typically a guy or two in a class coaches hope other schools are sleeping on.

Mark Anderson said they have been very open until now. He thought maybe they were upset that he wrote the story about the Wimberly de-commit. It really wasn't a story he just parroted what the kids letter said. There was no spin or opinion to it. Can't see why they would be upset about it. He wrote similar thing when Jack Smith re-opened his recruiting.

There is typically a guy or two in a class coaches hope other schools are sleeping on.

Mark Anderson said they have been very open until now. He thought maybe they were upset that he wrote the story about the Wimberly de-commit. It really wasn't a story he just parroted what the kids letter said. There was no spin or opinion to it. Can't see why they would be upset about it. He wrote similar thing when Jack Smith re-opened his recruiting.
All I can say is that they aren't upset about his story on the de-commit.

Michael Chevalier:

Big dude!!!

Beyond that he likes to hit. On a couple of the highlights he was waiting for a d-lineman to present himself (maybe in a cross) and when nobody did he hit the man closest to him. He also pulled pretty well and, when in the second level, was effective at neutralizing his opponent.

This looks like a really good pickup.

I expect that if we get someone like Rogers, they probably won't say anything until the last possible moment.

Makes me wonder how big the last two commitments are. Up until now Sanchez has been pretty confident and open about who he was recruiting. I wonder if this will be a new trend.

I expect that if we get someone like Rogers, they probably won't say anything until the last possible moment.

Makes me wonder how big the last two commitments are. Up until now Sanchez has been pretty confident and open about who he was recruiting. I wonder if this will be a new trend.
I'll be patient (since I have to be) but if CTS pulls this again I'm going to have to jump off the bangwagon... Until it's revealed who we pick up.

The honesty is part of the reason I like him. I had respect for the way he treated Laolagi; "we think you would look great as a Rebel. We don't have a spot for you, but we like you. If something happen's, we want you. We don't want to pull you around when we don't have a slot. Oh look Nela decided he wanted to go kick sheep in Fresno, come join us."

The lack of openness is what I hated about Hauck. He kept such a tight lid that he made people lose interest during the off season.

At least we get a heyreb, but come on.

Mark Anderson is as curious/perplexed as the rest of us. To the point where he thought the staff was upset about his Wimberly story. (Which they aren't) He said this was the first time he couldn't pry anything from Coach Sanchez.

Reactions: Sam-I-am
Excuse my math, than you Bull. 17?! That puts us on an even recruiting screen as the community college of truckee meadows, downtown reno.

When was the last time we've gone toe to toe with them in recruiting?

Excuse my math, than you Bull. 17?! That puts us on an even recruiting screen as the community college of truckee meadows, downtown reno.

When was the last time we've gone toe to toe with them in recruiting?
No problem, they had it wrong depending on which listing you looked at. Our home page appears to be correct. The other listing left Dumetz off.

I think this is one of the recruits that has committed.

Tony ‏@Gutierrezzz05 Dec 12
Anthony Gutierrez on his OV at UNLV. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/461768/highlights/196086382… pic.twitter.com/PjAPmA82hB

JUCO Football Frenzy
CWDDBPMUwAE38sU.jpg

11:09 AM - 12 Dec 2015 · Details
23 retweets 27 likes

I'll wait until its more "announced" to before I put it on our commit list.

That being said, this boy's name should be "Quick". I like his speed! He also likes to hit. Good all-around player (unless we really don't get him.. Then I never liked him, anyway). JK
He definitely upgrades the speed factor of our LB corp.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I guess in a pinch they could throw him in as a rb.

He could be the pass rusher we needed for defense. Our lb corps is looking great.

I'll wait until its more "announced" to before I put it on our commit list.

That being said, this boy's name should be "Quick". I like his speed! He also likes to hit. Good all-around player (unless we really don't get him.. Then I never liked him, anyway). JK

If he isn't ours, as long as he doesn't go to a school in our conference. I hope he's ours. Kid is a machine.

If he isn't ours, as long as he doesn't go to a school in our conference. I hope he's ours. Kid is a machine.
Couple of tweets seeming to confirm his recruitment.

There is also another 3*HS ILB Kevin Meitzenheimer that has narrowed his choices down to Boise, UNLV and CSU. Rivals only lists him as a 2* which seems odd considering he has 8 offers, not to mention 1 from P5 Washington.

Last edited:
I thought Metzeinheimer was a high school recruit?
He is..I misread the tweet.

Kevin Metzenheimer is listed as a 2* by Rivals and 3* by the other two sites. He has offers from 8 schools including P5 Washington. My guess his star rating will go up.

I sometimes look at the schools recruiting a kid and what they are known for. To me that can sometimes be a good indicator of a kids actual ability/talent level. For instance Utah State and Washington have both had really solid defenses the last few years. If they see something in a kid worth offering a scholarship then I tend to think the kid might be worthy of his grade or better than a grade listed by a particular recruiting site.

Last edited:
The rationale on both of them will become quite clear. There is some damned good recruiting going on. Mighty fine indeed. [thumb2]

This is both exciting and maddeningly cryptic at the same time.

Shaping up to be a very solid class. Even the loss of Wimberly while disappointing isn't the end of the world.

Only concern is the obvious one, being we haven't really addressed our second most glaring need after QB which is defensive line. In particular defensive end or defensive tackles that can rush the passer. The two LBs we brought in do show some pass rush ability. Personally I would like us to be able to generate some pass rush without needing to blitz though.

This is both exciting and maddeningly cryptic at the same time.....

Welcome to the world of silent commits. Prospects have their reasons for doing it and the reasons are as varied as there are prospects. This happens with all of the big time programs nearly every year to some degree or another. Yes, it's annoying to the fans but you have to put the desires of the prospect first. Personally, I look at this as a positive sign for UNLV.

Here are the important date ranges for recruiting classes this year .

Football (Midyear JC Transfer) December 16, 2015 January 15, 2016 (last available day)

Football (Regular Period) February 3, 2016 April 1, 2016 (Last available day)

Reactions: DocRebel
Welcome to the world of silent commits. Prospects have their reasons for doing it and the reasons are as varied as there are prospects. This happens with all of the big time programs nearly every year to some degree or another. Yes, it's annoying to the fans but you have to put the desires of the prospect first. Personally, I look at this as a positive sign for UNLV.

Obviously you have a relationship with some folks close to the program.

When you referred to some really good recruiting in an earlier post were you saying what has been done so far? Or what is in the works. If you can't answer that I completely understand.

Last edited:
Reactions: RebelinWA
Obviously you have a relationship with some folks close to the program.

When you referred to some really good recruiting in an earlier post were you saying what has been done so far? Or what is in the works. If you can't answer that I completely understand.
Both. I was referring to what has been completed but mainly what is in the works.

That would be a great boost for UNLV recruiting if we had a 4/5* come on to ESPN with hats for programs like Alabama, USC, etc. and he pulls out a UNLV hat. Would love to see it!

That would be a great boost for UNLV recruiting if we had a 4/5* come on to ESPN with hats for programs like Alabama, USC, etc. and he pulls out a UNLV hat. Would love to see it!
Don't forget the Other Rebels from Ole Miss.! Today in Biloxi I seen a guy wearing a red t-shirt that said Let's Go Rebels thinking to myself he was a UNLV fan. I was about to go up to him and start conversation when I took a closer look in small print at the bottom was Ole Miss. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT