ADVERTISEMENT

Hajj

dcut03

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
Got give this man his props. First, he is a magician with the option game. Keeps his eyes downfield, makes great reads with perfect spacing when turning the corner with a pitch man present. He has good feet and wiggle to his game that makes him tough to defend.
Not as aggressive of a runner but he is slippery and doesn't take hard hits. He also knows how to slide.
And that is just the run game, which we thought would be better with Sluka.
Hajj throws a pretty ball and his option skills makes the RPO way more dangerous. And being able to hit on our medium passing game is also huge.
We are so much tougher to defend now, and we saw this multiple threat offense open up our traditional running game too. Can't just stack the box anymore.
Due to the defense and the big lead his numbers weren't crazy as a passer, but you can tell he could put up big numbers if we find ourselves in a shootout.
Also special shout out to Catalon. This guy didn't get nearly enough pub in the off-season. I know he had been injured, but dude was first team all SEC and we are seeing why. People that knew him from The SEC days say he is playing better than ever. He may just be our first draft pick, yes even over Ricky, in the spring.

Last edited:
Got give this man his props. First, he is a magician with the option game. Keeps his eyes downfield, makes great reads with perfect spacing in the option game. He was good feet and wiggle to his game that makes him tough to defend.
Not as aggressive of a runner but he is slippery and does take hard hits. He also knows how to slide.
And that is just the run game, which we thought would be better with Sluka.
Hajj throws a pretty ball and his option skills makes the RPO way more dangerous. And being able to hit on our medium passing game is also huge.
We are so much tougher to defend now, and we saw this multiple threat offense open up our traditional running game too. Can't just stack the box anymore.
Due to the defense and the big lead his numbers weren't crazy as a passer, but you can tell he could put up big numbers if we find ourselves in a shootout.
Also special shout out to Catalon. This guy didn't get nearly enough pub in the off-season. I know he had been injured, but dude was first team all SEC and we are seeing why. People that knew him fromt The SEC days say he is playing better than ever. He may just be our first draft pick, yes even over Ricky, in the spring.
Prior to all the Sluka drama, I had this game as a loss. And I think it would have been had Sluka played. Hajj has given me more faith in our QB direction and the team obviously agrees. What a huge upgrade!

Was there more to the Sluka story than NIL? It was a BYE week, was Hajj getting more reps? Was Sluka going to get less PT or sat all together?
Doubt it.
I also disagree with other post that we'd have lost with Sluka. Our defense played lights out and our special teams dominated the game. It probably isnt the beatdown we saw, but nothing I saw out of Fresno tells me the outcome would've resulted in anything more than a closer W.

Was there more to the Sluka story than NIL? It was a BYE week, was Hajj getting more reps? Was Sluka going to get less PT or sat all together?
I seriously believe it was inevitable after another ineffective go-go offense against real talent. Had Sluka had another KU performance, even if the defense ultimately wins the game, I don't see Odom or Marion let it slide. I don't think White and the WR's let it slide another game.

I don't believe Sluka could've done ¼ of what Hajj pulled off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT