ADVERTISEMENT

Great game, Rebs

Spudfan84

Walk On
Dec 2, 2023
Just wanted to stop by and congratulate you all on a great game and for getting all those fans out. You guys have a heck of a team and your defense had the answer for Jeanty tonight. Odom is a great coach and I hope you guys can keep him so he can continue to build your program. There is no doubt you guys deserve it. Much respect.

Just wanted to stop by and congratulate you all on a great game and for getting all those fans out. You guys have a heck of a team and your defense had the answer for Jeanty tonight. Odom is a great coach and I hope you guys can keep him so he can continue to build your program. There is no doubt you guys deserve it. Much respect.
Boise surprised me in that they didn’t make many mistakes at all. Jeanty is still a beast, we did a good job on him. But you take something away, you’re softer elsewhere.

I thought the Broncos defensive game plan was really good. And UNLV never adjusted to the pressure. There are many areas you can point to in a loss but the consistent pressure was one of them.

It looked like a program who has been there before sticking to their guns, trusting the plan vs a team that’s trying to get there but can’t quite figure it out yet. It looked like Boise knew they’d win the game and UNLV hoped they’d win the game.

Thank you!

The Boise fans near me were pretty classy. You make hard to hate you. Not like the completely obnoxious BYU fans.

The Boise fans near me were pretty classy. You make hard to hate you. Not like the completely obnoxious BYU fans.
Don't know about Boise fans.

BYU were in the same league as UofA fans. They deserve each other! Yet they say that Utah fans are bad? Not even close! AFA fans are those I respect the most. Rarely any issues with them.

Boise was the better team overall. Nothing to be embarrassed about since we barely lost, but they were better.

If we go into a bowl game with 3 losses, I'd say that's still a massive win overall as a program. Two years ago at this time we were hoping and praying to get to 6-wins. Now we are complaining about 2 L's after being bowl eligible (I'm very happy that we are passionate about this team so that's not a knock on the complaints).

Don't know about Boise fans.

BYU were in the same league as UofA fans. They deserve each other! Yet they say that Utah fans are bad? Not even close! AFA fans are those I respect the most. Rarely any issues with them.

Boise was the better team overall. Nothing to be embarrassed about since we barely lost, but they were better.

If we go into a bowl game with 3 losses, I'd say that's still a massive win overall as a program. Two years ago at this time we were hoping and praying to get to 6-wins. Now we are complaining about 2 L's after being bowl eligible (I'm very happy that we are passionate about this team so that's not a knock on the complaints).
Yeah if we have 3 losses and a season filled with games of importance, which we sure did, then it is hard to complain.

Yeah if we have 3 losses and a season filled with games of importance, which we sure did, then it is hard to complain.
People will complain. Myself included, admittedly. But i can say out front, it’s a pretty unreasonable take. Anybody that thinks we “deserve” to play in a big bowl game is being silly. Our historic record pre-Odom is 11-575.

I do like that we are giving ourselves the opportunity to play in ultra meaningful games. We are getting up to the plate, but we are striking out in those situations right now.

Baby Hat GIF

Biggest difference in the game is your QB made enough key throws in big spots to get it done. And your OLINE did a fantastic job giving him time.

If you told me Rebs would contain Jeanty and hold him to 3.9 yards per carry I'd have taken it and felt like a win was a lock.

Might see a rematch. UNLV needs oddly enough UNM and CSU to each drop another conference game and handle their own business.

Reactions: Spudfan84
People will complain. Myself included, admittedly. But i can say out front, it’s a pretty unreasonable take. Anybody that thinks we “deserve” to play in a big bowl game is being silly. Our historic record pre-Odom is 11-575.

I do like that we are giving ourselves the opportunity to play in ultra meaningful games. We are getting up to the plate, but we are striking out in those situations right now.
I think the difference is more complaining about losing games we could have won and not complaining about the season overall I complained about our two losses but when said and done happy with our season. It is just disappointing to be so close to a playoff but not quite good enough.

UNLV is getting really close for a breakthrough. I am disappoint as hell with this game. Our red zone offence is comgrobulated mess. The community is coming together. 42K + on a Friday night game in Vegas? WOW! The offence woes will be work on during the bye. I hope. CBO was screaming at Marion.

UNLV is getting really close for a breakthrough. I am disappoint as hell with this game. Our red zone offence is comgrobulated mess. The community is coming together. 42K + on a Friday night game in Vegas? WOW! The offence woes will be work on during the bye. I hope. CBO was screaming at Marion.
Marion’s play-calling is particularly poor in the red zone. CBO should consider taking it over in those situations.

There will be some serious self scouting in this next week before the trek to Hawaii. Marion needs to figure out the red zone if this team is going to make a big run to close the season.

There will be some serious self scouting in this next week before the trek to Hawaii. Marion needs to figure out the red zone if this team is going to make a big run to close the season.

I think this might be the issue.

Our run game relies on a certain amount of deception. The OLINE is solid but not dominant especially in short yardage.

I think the struggles are more from 10yards in. We just can't lineup and smack people in the mouth. 1st and goal from the 4. Tried to run outside. Nothing. Threw quick slant ball off the receivers hands. Figet the third call.

Some of it is execution as well. If that slat is caught TD and we aren't talking about red zone struggles.

I agree I'm not crazy about some of the calls. On the flipside if guys make a play here and there it changes the narrative.

Absolutely hated the 'trick play'. Rebs were moving ball. Offense didn't seem like it needed any 'spark'.

Another execution vs play call, Hajj hits Ricky in stride with a lot of daylight in front of him, ball goes off his shoulder/hands. Offense got the look they wanted, great call execution just off. Next play Hajj throws a pick.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I think this might be the issue.

Our run game relies on a certain amount of deception. The OLINE is solid but not dominant especially in short yardage.

I think the struggles are more from 10yards in. We just can't lineup and smack people in the mouth. 1st and goal from the 4. Tried to run outside. Nothing. Threw quick slant ball off the receivers hands. Figet the third call.

Some of it is execution as well. If that slat is caught TD and we aren't talking about red zone struggles.

I agree I'm not crazy about some of the calls. On the flipside if guys make a play here and there it changes the narrative.

Absolutely hated the 'trick play'. Rebs were moving ball. Offense didn't seem like it needed any 'spark'.

Another execution vs play call, Hajj hits Ricky in stride with a lot of daylight in front of him, ball goes off his shoulder/hands. Offense got the look they wanted, great call execution just off. Next play Hajj throws a pick.
UNLV seems to reverts back into some low IQ play calling in the red zone. BSU blitz from the edges, run up the middle. Pound the shit out off that G spot in the middle.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1

I think that has been the problem. Young coordinators and bad play calling. They seem to gain more experience each outing.

So frustrating. 50% or lower TD vs FG in the red zone?
I check that out yesterday. The Rebels have had 45 scoring attempts in the redzone and have scored 87.5% of the time. 24 TD's (12 pass/12 rush) and 16 FG's in eight games.

Reactions: 1Tripoda
I check that out yesterday. The Rebels have had 45 scoring attempts in the redzone and have scored 87.5% of the time. 24 TD's (12 pass/12 rush) and 16 FG's in eight games.
What the ratios in Syracuse and BSU games? Gotta be closer to 50/50

What the ratios in Syracuse and BSU games? Gotta be closer to 50/50
From the UNLV site:
-Syracuse game: UNLV 6 times in the redzone/6 scores (2 FG's/4 TD's). Syracuse was 6 scores-7 time in redzone.
-BSU game: UNLV 3 times in redzone/3 scores (1 rush TD/2 pass TD's). BSU was 5 scores-5 times in the redzone.

It really points to the interception and the missed FG in the BSU game. Man, that game was close.

Plus, UNLV is 87.5% in the redzone. That ain't bad!

Reactions: 1Tripoda
From the UNLV site:
-Syracuse game: UNLV 6 times in the redzone/6 scores (2 FG's/4 TD's). Syracuse was 6 scores-7 time in redzone.
-BSU game: UNLV 3 times in redzone/3 scores (1 rush TD/2 pass TD's). BSU was 5 scores-5 times in the redzone.

It really points to the interception and the missed FG in the BSU game. Man, that game was close.

Plus, UNLV is 87.5% in the redzone. That ain't bad!
That last BSU 8 minutes plus drive was an enigma to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT