ADVERTISEMENT

Great energy and focus from the Rebels and continued net scorching

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
I don't think UNLV played particularly well, except in smaller stretches, but they were focused and played hard the entire game. Just like at the Pit, you can see the Lobos just get discouraged and hanging heads. Like they knew we were going to keep playing hard and they knew that they weren't. Nice to see the Rebels play the aggressor and stay well ahead of the Lobos the entire time. Never let the notion enter their minds that they could ever get back into it.

The Rebels are a better team with small ball. The offensive rebounding and put backs are great, but they clogged up things too much and they were turnovers waiting to happen. They weren't good passers in space and things looked muddled in the middle too often. Now the floor is much better spread, there's room to operate, the Rebels are playing alot of one on one and having success with it because there is space and they aren't turning it over. And they're shooting it well.

This is setting up nicely. I think we will take SDSU, but even if we don't, at worst, we are a game back of UNR when we clash. That should make for a great atmosphere at the Mack which has been sorely lacking. That's what I want, some energy in the air, a sizable crowd getting into it and then a knock down, drag them out on the court. I want to see fierce competition win or lose. It's the only shot we will have at a ranked team this year, I want to see these guys make the most of it on the home floor.

Great focus tonight. I really do hope we play the Lobos again. That's a team that's very easy to diffuse, they sulk when the going gets tough, so make it tough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News