ADVERTISEMENT

Graham Ike

The rich are getting richer. I could never stand when some of the elites teams (coaches)have a player go down and that was their excuse of losing. I mean they have a roster of all-stars 1-7 in MWC standards and they say well we really missed so and so. Plus the whole Coach K, Self, and Cal to name a few are always considered for coach of the year. You have the best players how is that about coaching and less to do with the players you have on you roster. Sorry having flashbacks to Bo Ryan cry ass.

The rich are getting richer. I could never stand when some of the elites teams (coaches)have a player go down and that was their excuse of losing. I mean they have a roster of all-stars 1-7 in MWC standards and they say well we really missed so and so. Plus the whole Coach K, Self, and Cal to name a few are always considered for coach of the year. You have the best players how is that about coaching and less to do with the players you have on you roster. Sorry having flashbacks to Bo Ryan cry ass.
It sucks. It really does. I don’t blame the money schools for taking players from lower schools. They’re paid to win, do what you have to do, cheating became legalized so you really can’t blame them.

I don’t blame players. Most of us would do what they are doing, highest bidder gets me (there are other factors, of course).

Before it was cheating and it certainly happened. Now it’s legal.

Even with UNLV upping their NIL dealings … you develop, you have success … there are an absolute host of schools in position.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
It sucks. It really does. I don’t blame the money schools for taking players from lower schools. They’re paid to win, do what you have to do, cheating became legalized so you really can’t blame them.

I don’t blame players. Most of us would do what they are doing, highest bidder gets me (there are other factors, of course).

Even with UNLV upping their NIL dealings … you develop, you have success … there are an absolute host of schools in position.
i really think if we could be a real TOP 25ish with a solid foundation (not a flash in the pan) over a few years we could compete with almost anybody and maybe 10 teams we couldn't with NIL money. Getting there should of been in the works $$ several years ago. We all knew this day was coming and yet ineptness once again.

Gonzaga has a national following. This helps with NIL deals in that a company can be larger than the local and regional deals so often attempted. That's why Timme did so well. They can offer a kid National exposure that most other programs can't.

The sad thing is it could have been us.

Reactions: Rebelhustle

Tark was great at this except back then he’d stash players at Riverside City College, Antelope Valley and Dixie. Now you can stash a kid a a mid major and call them up in a year, and some of them already have a car.

Maybe soon we see a collaboration between schools, lower level schools like UNLV work with a nearby school like UCLA. UCLA sets their roster for the year with players from both and then UNLV gets the rest. A few years ago maybe Russ Westbrook who only got 9 MPG as a freshman at UCLA , plays at UNLV gets 25 minutes and then heads up to UCLA for a breakout Sophomore season…

Last edited:
Tark was great at this except back then he’d stash players at Riverside City College, Antelope Valley and Dixie. Now you can stash a kid a a mid major and call them up in a year, and some of them already have a car.

Maybe soon we see a collaboration between schools, lower level schools like UNLV work with a nearby school like UCLA. UCLA sets their roster for the year with players from both and then UNLV gets the rest. A few years ago maybe Russ Westbrook who only got 9 MPG as a freshman at UCLA , plays at UNLV gets 25 minutes and then heads up to UCLA for a breakout Sophomore season…
My goodness college basketball is officially a joke!

I actually like the state of college basketball now. It is crazy, but I would never stop another man from bettering himself and his life outlook if it meant transferring. It sucks for mid majors but thats life. Corporations lose their best employees to bigger ones everyday but that is never a complaint. Everyone in any walk of life or career will always leave for a better opportunity.

Reactions: Rebelhustle
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT