ADVERTISEMENT

Gilliam decommit from UNLV!

I have notice on 247 that UNLV has dropped from 2nd to 5th. It looks like we are going to lose several of the Sanchez recruits, the good news is the average rating per player has increased overall. We will need to wait and see who he has coming in to replace those who have decommitted.

He is one of the Serra 3 right?
Correct.

Disappointed to see that happen. I just didn't see them working to keep him. He stayed committed even after the Arroyo phone call but, just not getting the love and attention some of these kids want. I don't see that we invited him for an OV. That had to hurt some with Brumfield getting the OV this past weekend. Don' be surprised if we lose Justin Pinkney.

Reactions: reagan21
Correct.

Disappointed to see that happen. I just didn't see them working to keep him. He stayed committed even after the Arroyo phone call but, just not getting the love and attention some of these kids want. I don't see that we invited him for an OV. That had to hurt some with Brumfield getting the OV this past weekend. Don' be surprised if we lose Justin Pinkney.

The ups and downs of the recruiting season.

Perhaps replacements are in the works for a new staff and system and these are "save face" twitter posts after talking to said staff? I honestly expected this.

Perhaps replacements are in the works for a new staff and system and these are "save face" twitter posts after talking to said staff? I honestly expected this.

It's possible, but take a look at the offers this guy has...

A number of P5 schools including Oregon (I think) offered him. Doesn't seem like the type of player UNLV would grow cold on..

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
The ups and downs of the recruiting season.
Interesting that Brumfeild was just here on a OV and now Arroyo and Baumgartner were doing a home visit today. I wouldn't be surprised if CMA isn't reaching out to Pinkney as well as the Junipero Serra coaches. CA HS relationships are important and I'm sure CMA wouldn't want the Gilliam thing to sour that.

It's possible, but take a look at the offers this guy has...

A number of P5 schools including Oregon (I think) offered him. Doesn't seem like the type of player UNLV would grow cold on..
As I posted earlier in this thread I was disappointed to see him reopen his recruitment. When he dropped off our list our MW recruitment commit ranking dropped from 2nd to 4th. If we lose Justin Pinkney the same way we lost Gilliam we will drop even further. Oregon State had been working to get Pinkney to flip. Those three recruits from Juniper Serra were all solid. CTS did get those three right. Hopefully we can pick up some good commits after this coming weekend OV's.

Reactions: 220reb and RebNReno
As I posted earlier in this thread I was disappointed to see him reopen his recruitment. When he dropped off our list our MW recruitment commit ranking dropped from 2nd to 4th. If we lose Justin Pinkney the same way we lost Gilliam we will drop even further. Oregon State had been working to get Pinkney to flip. Those three recruits from Juniper Serra were all solid. CTS did get those three right. Hopefully we can pick up some good commits after this coming weekend OV's.

Gilliam was the highest rated Sanchez recruit (247). It's strange he wasn't offered the OV though. I trust CMA knows exactly what he's looking for in WR's but I'd be surprised if this offer was pulled.

Do you know who's taking the OV this weekend? Any WR's?

Gilliam was the highest rated Sanchez recruit (247). It's strange he wasn't offered the OV though. I trust CMA knows exactly what he's looking for in WR's but I'd be surprised if this offer was pulled.

Do you know who's taking the OV this weekend? Any WR's?

We have zero WR's on our current commit list since losing Gilliam.

Someone in the twitter world said Tavian Combs (Safety) was going to visit. One other name was mentioned but can't seem to find it now. Our coaching staff didn't really give out names the last time and I suspect the same this time. Just have to keep an eye on what others are saying. Just two more weekends of OV's before NLI's can be accepted. If I see any other names I'll post them.

All of the OV for last week were provided by 247. Most of the list didn't come out to only about 1-2 days before they visited, but it was a mostly complete list. So far they do not show anyone this time around on a OV, but that may change in the next couple of days. The SDSU v UNLV basketball game could be a huge marketing tool for recruits with the assumption that a good crowd of 12k+ will show up at the game.

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT