ADVERTISEMENT

Get Over Yourselves

I'm hopeful man but there's not much to go on is there, reality is who would choose to watch mediocre ball over the world's best hockey teams coming to town?

I'll bet a lot of RAF dollars will be redirected toward the Las Vegas Black Knights next year.

I love my school and I love Rebel basketball but our athletic department is a dysfunctional, embarrassing mess. I think the only way to show our President how we fell about this is an empty Mack.

I m not mad about Menzie being our coach. I m mad that it took all that drama and all that time to get to what was one our last picks on the dodgeball line up, behind the fat kid and the scrawny Asian kid with broken glasses.

I agree we need to give the guy a chance, but the dynamic duo of dumb and dumber need to get kicked to the curb.

I'll bet a lot of RAF dollars will be redirected toward the Las Vegas Black Knights next year.

I love my school and I love Rebel basketball but our athletic department is a dysfunctional, embarrassing mess. I think the only way to show our President how we fell about this is an empty Mack.
I'm torn about that too because it could send the program even further into a downward spiral. A wait and see approach on next year is what most fans will have. This is the last year UNLV will have a monopoly. They've had a free reign for a long time now and have little to show for it. The market place is about to change.

Reactions: Mjs_702
Hey Pistol Pete, how about Silas Stepp one of the all time NSU greats, played in the campus gym.

Hey Pistol Pete, how about Silas Stepp one of the all time NSU greats, played in the campus gym.
Silas Stepp was a nice guy and a good player. I worked with him, Steady Eddie Owens and the one and only Toby Houston at Caesar's Palace during the 80's & 90's. On a side note there was another guy working there named George Yahlich that went to Gorman and had finished playing college ball somewhere other than UNLV. We were playing at the old Sporting House on Industrial one morning at 5 AM after shift and George was just taking it to Eddie. Those were some great days and memories. Don't forget Elbert Miller! Got into some games with him down at Dula Center on Bonanza.

It is really quite amusing all of the self-righteous indignation being put forth on the board regarding the hiring of Menzies. When I look back to our last men's BB hiring probably 90% of the amazing brain trust that is UNLV Rivals was either jumping up and down for either Rice or Theus. There were some exceptions but I have to ask how have either of those 2 worked out for their respective schools?

The big time boosters were convinced to go with the will of the people and hired Rice. I can't blame them one bit this time for putting in a guy that they want. Deal with it!

I don't see posters hating on Menzies because they love Dave Rice so much these days. My position has always been that George Karl is a HOF coach that is far more qualified than any of the other candidates. This has nothing to do with Rice or Theus because nobody is arguing that those guys should be hired right now. And comparing those two to Karl is beyond ridiculous.

And arguments like "The people were wrong last time so we shouldn't listen to the people anymore" are pretty sad. I didn't realize that we should only listen to people who are right 100% of the time. But we know the boosters aren't perfect with their opinions either so maybe we should reject their choice of Menzies too.

Reactions: manic water
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT