ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread Game thread UNLV at CSU

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
Came on here to contribute, nobody started one. So here it is.

Game is on Root Sports and you can grab an Internet feed from the official site.

Tied 7-7 with 6 minutes left in Q1.

UNLV's first drive stalled, CSU scored very quickly, aided by a 70 yard pass.

UNLV responded, including converting a 3rd and 18 with a screen to Whitely. Decker connected with Keys shortly after that to tie the game at 7.

On CSU's next possession, after a big kick return to near midfield, CSU was picked off on 3rd and long by Tim Hough, who was basically playing center field on a badly overthrown ball, around the 10 yard line, he gets a nice return to the UNLV 35. We are at a play stoppage as A Price is down with injury. Thomas breaks a 29 yard run on a draw to put UNLV at CSU's 30. And that's where we are.

Reactions: LasVegasReb
Came on here to contribute, nobody started one. So here it is.

Game is on Root Sports and you can grab an Internet feed from the official site.

Tied 7-7 with 6 minutes left in Q1.

UNLV's first drive stalled, CSU scored very quickly, aided by a 70 yard pass.

UNLV responded, including converting a 3rd and 18 with a screen to Whitely. Decker connected with Keys shortly after that to tie the game at 7.

On CSU's next possession, after a big kick return to near midfield, CSU was picked off on 3rd and long by Tim Hough, who was basically playing center field on a badly overthrown ball, around the 10 yard line, he gets a nice return to the UNLV 35. We are at a play stoppage as A Price is down with injury. Thomas breaks a 29 yard run on a draw to put UNLV at CSU's 30. And that's where we are.
Nice play, Decker to Keys again, UNLV up 14-7 with 3 min left in Q1

You caught me off guard Joe.

Rebs looking solid. Questionable defensive play calling as CSU is doing whatever they want. Luckily offensive is keeping us in this game.

Still moving the ball.

Ugh. Need to defend better. After seeing different angle of replay, maybe just maybe he secured possession of the ball. Not enough to overturn on the field call.

Sorry. I defended Decker, and I think rightfully so, but holy s, dude has had an injury to everything. Elbow, shoulder, other shoulder, now a leg. Our line is porous but man, he does get hurt. Wouldn't call him 'fragile' still. Not sure that is a label deserved of a DI starter.

Sorry. I defended Decker, and I think rightfully so, but holy s, dude has had an injury to everything. Elbow, shoulder, other shoulder, now a leg. Our line is porous but man, he does get hurt. Wouldn't call him 'fragile' still. Not sure that is a label deserved of a DI starter.
Think it depends on definition, really. To me, fragile means injury prone. He's injury prone. He probably sprained an ankle walking between classes. Some guys are like that.

Reactions: rebel Homer
I think the D was a strength earlier in the season but now, later in season I'm questioning Baer's play calling. He seems to get out coached every game now. CSU cannot move the ball this quickly and score each time if we expect to have a shot at winning this game.

Think it depends on definition, really. To me, fragile means injury prone. He's injury prone. He probably sprained an ankle walking between classes. Some guys are like that.
I just hate the negative connotation that comes with 'fragile' label. Decker isn't a scrawny freshman playing. But it's truly semantics. Guess I'm saying the man is tough, too bad his body is not.

Correct, CSU ball to start. They need to make serious adjustments. They have done so in other games, so no reason to think they won't today. Offense is my concern at this point.

Some of it is CSU executing well, but defense not tackling well, not getting off blocks. Disappointing performance so far for that side of the ball. Offense has been very good so far.

Interestingly enough, I was never confident in Hauck and coaching staff making good half time adjustments. But this staff, I am much more confident. I don't know if that stems from Sanchez and his ability to give a good fire them up speech or something else. Just a feeling.

Problem is, as mentioned, offense was keeping this game competitive. Palandech will need to have his best game to have a chance winning this thing along with defense making necessary adjustments.

Good thing Palandech has known for awhile that he could be the man at any second. Hoping that Cotton has developed strong game plan for him and he's ready to implement.

Not liking this at all. Sanitao potentially hurt. Missed fumbled call. CSU continuing to easily move down field. Poor tackling. Poor pass defense.

Rebs going to need to turn it on.

Getting angry. Could be all the wine plus the poor play. Hate to see UNLV come out strong only to start making stupid mistakes.

Don't get me wrong. I love this team. Doesn't feel like the past teams, even when losing. Just don't like to be competitive only to start losing by poor fundementals.

Like what I'm seeing from Palandech I know it was a 3 and out. But still like his mobility. Hopefully he can make some on target passes and scramble his ash off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT