ADVERTISEMENT

Rebel-Net.com Content Friday Practice Notes

Bullmastiff 1

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 5, 2007
Las Vegas
First day in pads. As you would expect defense ahead offense.

Qb-Stanton was solid in drills, struggled a bit with a couple picks in the first 11 v 11 drills. In the second series he looked much sharper. Dalton Sneed had the best throws of the day. Palandech looks like a guy with confidence issues. Passes were sailing all over, missed open guys. If spring continues like this Sneed will be the #2. Armani Rogers was watching practice. He is every bit 6'4.

RB-Campbell and Thomas got bulk of the reps.

OL-Guys getting the majority of the 1st team reps Saxelid LT Lopez OG Kreitler C Polu RG Jacobson RT. I think Chevalier or Singer will push Lopez at the LG spot. Singer was a little dinged up but was sitting in on all the OL meetings. Jacobson was noticeably bigger from last year.

TE-Tim Holt had a couple of nice grabs. He will present a matchup problem for linebackers with his speed.

WR- Kendal Keys and Woods had really good days. Both had some nice grabs. Boyd was dressed but not participating in 11 v 11 drills.

Was focusing on the offense mostly today but a couple guys really stood out on defense. LB Brian Keyes is the real deal. Had a pick on Stanton, blew up a couple runs. I think you can almost pencil him in at MLB or SLB. Tim Hough had a really nice day as well. Couple of pass breakups and a fumble recovery. I don't care what this kids 40 time is, how tall he is etc. He really has a nose for the ball.

Mike Adams the JC Safety was not at practice but was listed on the roster.

@Pistol Pete 1 @rebelbuck @RebelinWA @bcvegaspt all showed up.

To add on, we really need Valoaga to stay healthy. He is a machine. There were a few of plays where he could have absolutely destroyed the qb for a loss if he was allowed to make contact.

First day in pads. As you would expect defense ahead offense.

Qb-Stanton was solid in drills, struggled a bit with a couple picks in the first 11 v 11 drills. In the second series he looked much sharper. Dalton Sneed had the best throws of the day. Palandech looks like a guy with confidence issues. Passes were sailing all over, missed open guys. If spring continues like this Sneed will be the #2. Armani Rogers was watching practice. He is every bit 6'4.

RB-Campbell and Thomas got bulk of the reps.

OL-Guys getting the majority of the 1st team reps Saxelid LT Lopez OG Kreitler C Polu RG Jacobson RT. I think Chevalier or Singer will push Lopez at the LG spot. Singer was a little dinged up but was sitting in on all the OL meetings. Jacobson was noticeably bigger from last year.

TE-Tim Holt had a couple of nice grabs. He will present a matchup problem for linebackers with his speed.

WR- Kendal Keys and Woods had really good days. Both had some nice grabs. Boyd was dressed but not participating in 11 v 11 drills.

Was focusing on the offense mostly today but a couple guys really stood out on defense. LB Brian Keyes is the real deal. Had a pick on Stanton, blew up a couple runs. I think you can almost pencil him in at MLB or SLB. Tim Hough had a really nice day as well. Couple of pass breakups and a fumble recovery. I don't care what this kids 40 time is, how tall he is etc. He really has a nose for the ball.

Mike Adams the JC Safety was not at practice but was listed on the roster.

@Pistol Pete 1 @rebelbuck @RebelinWA @bcvegaspt all showed up.
Sorry fellas. Too many conference calls today to get out there. But I will be out there tomorrow. Hoping to meet anyone going out tomorrow.

I'm going to quote DeNiro in Goodfellas -

"Enthusiasm."

There was energy out there. The training staff (from the main man down to his assistants) brought it. They were in player's ears the entire time not letting them relax. If we win 6+ games next season go and shake their hands first. They laid the groundwork.

The defense went for the strip whenever they allowed an offensive player to catch a pass or when a RB tried to advance.

The best QB of the day may have been Sneed.

I'm now a fan of The Waterboy.

Woods had a highlight catch with one arm in coverage that concluded with Belton celebrating with him in the end zone. Belton then proceeded to make sure that Woods ran back to the side lines to "get the most out of practice."

not worried about stanton learning the defense. great that defense is strong. not worried about boyd dont want him to get injured

it might be sneed as a number 2 qb if kurt is having trouble. they might not change him but i think kurt will be better as a wr

Reactions: bcvegaspt
not worried about stanton learning the defense. great that defense is strong. not worried about boyd dont want him to get injured

I don't worry about much of spring practice except getting an idea on the depth chart, how guys are developing physically and certain position battles.

Dudes are going to throw picks in spring practice. The QBs are working with a lot of different WR groupings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT