ADVERTISEMENT

Fresno Predictions

Bullmastiff 1

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 5, 2007
Las Vegas
I was close with last weeks score/result unfortunately.

Hopefully this week I am close again.
UNLV 30-Fresno State 17.

Fresno gets a little lift early from Friday night home game on ESPN. Halftime score UNLV 13 Fresno 10. Rebs dominate second half forcing 2 turnovers.

27-28 UNLV. We just need a win.
But looking at the FSU offense, I think UNLV's margins will be bigger.

UNLV 30-Fresno State 17.

Fresno gets a little lift early from Friday night home game on ESPN. Halftime score UNLV 13 Fresno 10. Rebs dominate second half forcing 2 turnovers.
I'm scared of our QB situation. I like everything else about this team aside from the pass rush, depth and a clear cut #1 RB.

Rebs will pull this one out 20-14.

UNLV 30-Fresno State 17.

I'm scared of our QB situation. I like everything else about this team aside from the pass rush, depth and a clear cut #1 RB.

Rebs will pull this one out 20-14.
I can see why there is some anxiety about the QB situation After watching the RebZone I have a better feeling about it now though. Not saying that Palandech is the answer or futuer at QB but he showed a ton of moxie down the stretch of San Jose game. Five dropped passes (namely the one in the end zone) hurt. Add in a near 50 yard run called back on a holding penalty. If Boyd makes that catch or that run doesn't get called back, we all might be viewing Palandech differently.

I am with you on the running back situation. I would like to see more of a 1 and 1a situation with a package set up for Thomas to utilize his speed. I always thought running backs like good shooters need to find a rythym. But I think the staff has a plan so I trust their judgement.

Pass rush probably won't get fixed this year. Baer is going to have to rely on getting pressure on the QB by blitzing and hope the backend holds up.

One thing regarding a pass rush and then my prediction. It just seems like we have a d-line that is very good at stuffing gaps and containing the edge, but struggle to break through the line and get to QB. Being able to do one thing well does not always mean you'll be good at the other. We're gonna have to find ways to bring extra guys (or different guys) in passing situations if we want to get to the QB.

38-20 Rebels.

The only other game where we have been favorites was against ISU, and I remember well what happened there. I think FSU is as bad as their record indicates, and while 80-8 isn't gonna happen, I think that we take care of business early and often.

You know Fresno is like right above ISU good... freshman qb, no real run game.. Im betting 55-14, we get at least 1 pick 6, run all over them, dont wait for Palandech to hurt us..

I posted in the wrong board for the game thread. Can we make this a game thread?

Man I was feeling great about 38-20 prediction when we were up 28-14 in the 3rd with FSU unable to move the ball. Nothing like terrible play calling, tackling, and quarterback play to give up 17 unanswered points and eff the whole thing up. Still livid about this one.

Man I was feeling great about 38-20 prediction when we were up 28-14 in the 3rd with FSU unable to move the ball. Nothing like terrible play calling, tackling, and quarterback play to give up 17 unanswered points and eff the whole thing up. Still livid about this one.
Yeah this one stings a bit. Unlike the SJSU game which was more of a back and forth affair this one felt like we should have won especially with that lead.

Where does the blame fall, the offense for not executing well enough to get first downs and kill the clock, the play calling being to conservative? The QB for taking bad sacks, the OLine for not blocking, the defense for not being able to hold the lead?

I think we all got a little to excited about the Reno win. I think the team is somewhere between the euphoria and unrealistic expectations we started to have after the Reno game and the 2 win total the sports books were projecting.

Also sometimes the other team makes plays. Fresno made a few down the stretch we didn't.Same thing Reno fans were probably saying, that they gave the game away or it was coaching mistakes or the QB stinks not how well the Rebels played. Its all about perspective.

Last edited:
Yeah this one stings a bit. Unlike the SJSU game which was more of a back and forth affair this one felt like we should have won especially with that lead.

Where does the blame fall, the offense for not executing well enough to get first downs and kill the clock, the play calling being to conservative? The QB for taking bad sacks, the OLine for not blocking, the defense for not being able to hold the lead?

I think we all got a little to excited about the Reno win. I think the team is somewhere between the euphoria and unrealistic expectations we started to have after the Reno game and the 2 win total the sports books were projecting.

Also sometimes the other team make plays. Fresno made a few down the stretch we didn't.Same thing Reno fans were probably saying, that they gave the game away or it was coaching mistakes or the QB stinks not how well the Rebels played. Its all about perspective.
I don't completely agree that everyone overreacted to UNR game. Surely some did, but many saw consistently improving play on the field in other games too and that lead to optimism. That's why this loss sucks so bad, because this was not what we've seen all year.

The Rebs that lost to NIU win this game.
The Rebs that lost to UCLA win this game.
The Rebs that lost @ Michigan dominate this game.
On and on and on.

I'm telling you, this was like watching Bobby Hauck's team all over again, and it made me sick to my stomach.

I want my Coach Sanchez Rebels back. I can handle more losses, and I'm sure they'll come. But don't go out and do what you did tonight. In one episode of the Reb Zone, I remember Sanchez saying he was proud of team for not embarrassing the school by its performances all year (including losses early on). Well, so much for that. This was a bad one. He knows it, too.

I don't completely agree that everyone overreacted to UNR game. Surely some did, but many saw consistently improving play on the field in other games too and that lead to optimism. That's why this loss sucks so bad, because this was not what we've seen all year.

The Rebs that lost to NIU win this game.
The Rebs that lost to UCLA win this game.
The Rebs that lost @ Michigan dominate this game.
On and on and on.

I'm telling you, this was like watching Bobby Hauck's team all over again, and it made me sick to my stomach.

I want my Coach Sanchez Rebels back. I can handle more losses, and I'm sure they'll come. But don't go out and do what you did tonight. In one episode of the Reb Zone, I remember Sanchez saying he was proud of team for not embarrassing the school by its performances all year (including losses early on). Well, so much for that. This was a bad one. He knows it, too.
Should have clarified more, I said the euphoria after the Reno/Idaho State wins, but should have said the overall performance to date. We have played well enough this season that a road game to Fresno doesn't seem as daunting as it would a few years back.

UNLV fans should be optimistic the improvement is clear for everybody to see. I just think we are still a flawed team in terms of talent.Offensive line struggles in pass protection, we cannot generate any pressure on the opposing QB and our QB play has been below average.

Look at it this way, last year you felt like crap after a loss, because it was by 2-3-4 and even 5 TDs. Guys were out of place, play calling was garbage, stupid penalties the list goes on.This year you are upset because we lost in OT or the waning seconds of a game you felt like we should have won. Not trying to be funny but that is s form of progress in its own way. The fact we are expecting to win games rather than just hoping to play well already speaks to improvement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT