ADVERTISEMENT

Football

By the way, UNLV football getting lots of mentions on Minneapolis sports radio lately. It is more of a punch line to a joke though. The mentions are jokes about Vic V. going to be the savior for the mn gophers at qb a couple years ago.

Does show how things can change quickly, 2 years ago, mn gophers hoping vic as the savior, to now being top 10 team. All points to most important position in college football is head coach.

I'm not sure what happened with Viramontes. He had a decent camp. Seemed like he would be a solid contributor. He's been non-factor. Not sure if its scheme, or he's banged up a little or what.

This is an example of why I get pissed with some of the local coverage.

'Program changer!'

Etc.

Does nothing but create unrealistic expectations on the player.

Not a knock on Vic. Sometimes its just a bad fit.

I'm not sure what happened with Viramontes. He had a decent camp. Seemed like he would be a solid contributor. He's been non-factor. Not sure if its scheme, or he's banged up a little or what.

This is an example of why I get pissed with some of the local coverage.

'Program changer!'

Etc.

Does nothing but create unrealistic expectations on the player.

Not a knock on Vic. Sometimes its just a bad fit.
I don’t think it’s scheme or injury.

Classic case of not what everyone thought. That’s what I’ve heard. Heard they tried doing some specific things for him alone early just to get him on field but it just didn’t work.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1

Classic case of not what everyone thought. That’s what I’ve heard. Heard they tried doing some specific things for him alone early just to get him on field but it just didn’t work.

Also I case of not appreciating what we already had at the position with Hester.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Another way to look at things with Vic is that it may also be the coaching. There is decent talent on the team, the coaching has just not done much with what they have. We will now wait and see who is the new coach, what they can do with the existing talent, and what they can do with recruiting.

He was ok during camp. Didn't stand out but was decent.

Agree with what @BleedRebelRed90 said about Hester.

I hate when players get 'annointed' before taking an actual snap.

Not fair to them.

Another way to look at things with Vic is that it may also be the coaching. There is decent talent on the team, the coaching has just not done much with what they have. We will now wait and see who is the new coach, what they can do with the existing talent, and what they can do with recruiting.

Very possible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT