ADVERTISEMENT

Football

Wow! I thought SJSU was going to win after that 65 yd pass. Great to win the last game in Sam Boyd. Go Rebels.

I absolutely think Sanchez should be back. He is not the reason UNLV sucks. Firing him is making him a literal scapegoat for UNLVs neglect.

Reactions: Pistol Pete 1
You should be drone striked...
Think about it … our highest rated incoming class ever … if we beat UNR, a winning streak, a very positive note, possibly knocking TWO teams out of a bowl and one of them would be on the road. I mean, come on, be fair, don’t be part of the hatorade crew. An extension would be EARNED.

DON’T HATE, CELEBRATE!

Tony has gotta go. Do not look at the record. Look at the coaching and field play. I love my Rebs but TS is a loser at this level. We need a real coach ...um like the silver fox. If anyone knows how that is...Ron Meyer'ish, etc..,.. I mean how calls a time out on an incomplete pass (2 weeks ago).

Reactions: UNLVINMD
Great news Liberty beat Gorman, I like TS, but he’s high school coach.

Tony has gotta go. Do not look at the record. Look at the coaching and field play. I love my Rebs but TS is a loser at this level. We need a real coach ...um like the silver fox. If anyone knows how that is...Ron Meyer'ish, etc..,.. I mean how calls a time out on an incomplete pass (2 weeks ago).

I see a guy who’s players stay out of trouble, like him, get good grades and play hard. He’s raised more money and done more off the field for the program than any other coach we’ve had.

We got him for cheap because he lacked experience. Something he’s been getting - you have fail before you can succeed. We knew it was going to be rough. UNLV shouldn’t fire him because he fell prey to the deficiencies that made him available to us.

UNLV should have invested more into Tony given his known deficiencies and how much investment he brought to UNLV.

I think UNLV should hire mentors and/or advisors for Tony to see if he can be made into a good coach. UNLV should also open their wallet to get him some better assistants. Tony lost a lot of momentum when USC took our S&C.

We should all know better by now that firing Tony and hiring the next clueless schmuck won’t fix anything.

Football was well worth the admission this week. Hmm, debating going to the basketball game??.

I see a guy who’s players stay out of trouble, like him, get good grades and play hard. He’s raised more money and done more off the field for the program than any other coach we’ve had.

We got him for cheap because he lacked experience. Something he’s been getting - you have fail before you can succeed. We knew it was going to be rough. UNLV shouldn’t fire him because he fell prey to the deficiencies that made him available to us.

UNLV should have invested more into Tony given his known deficiencies and how much investment he brought to UNLV.

I think UNLV should hire mentors and/or advisors for Tony to see if he can be made into a good coach. UNLV should also open their wallet to get him some better assistants. Tony lost a lot of momentum when USC took our S&C.

We should all know better by now that firing Tony and hiring the next clueless schmuck won’t fix anything.

If you need to hire advisors for a coach should he be the coach?

I agree with a lot of your takes...But this? No...

Notre Dame with all the money in the world and resources you could want couldn't make it work with Faust, it wasn't going to work at UNLV..

Recency bias is a bitch....

The win tonight was great..Loved every second of it...

It doesn't erase all the 20, 30 point blowout losses in year four and five...

When results should be getting better, they got worse.

Maybe it doesn't get better with the next guy, but it doesn't mean you reward mediocrity..

He's gone at years end so its a pointless discussion...

If you need to hire advisors for a coach should he be the coach?

I agree with a lot of your takes...But this? No...

Notre Dame with all the money in the world and resources you could want couldn't make it work with Faust, it wasn't going to work at UNLV..

Recency bias is a bitch....

The win tonight was great..Loved every second of it...

It doesn't erase all the 20, 30 point blowout losses in year four and five...

When results should be getting better, they got worse.

Maybe it doesn't get better with the next guy, but it doesn't mean you reward mediocrity..

He's gone at years end so its a pointless discussion...

We don’t get our first pick when it comes to a coach. We have to wait to see who is available.

Anyone that we are going to be able to hire is going to be flawed.

We won’t pay a competitive salary. We expect a coach to take a chance a loser school for cheap and to use their abilities to turn a loser school into winners. We won’t pay for a proven builder, they are too expensive.... unless they have skeletons, UNLV won’t touch a coach if their flaw is a recent scandal on his Wikipedia entry.

All of that means that the flaws are going to be in W/L and/or D1 experience departments. And that means another Tony, but a Tony who doesn’t bring the Fratitas to the table.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

We don’t get our first pick when it comes to a coach. We have to wait to see who is available.

Anyone that we are going to be able to hire is going to be flawed.

We won’t pay a competitive salary. We expect a coach to take a chance a loser school for cheap and to use their abilities to turn a loser school into winners. We won’t pay for a proven builder, they are too expensive.... unless they have skeletons, UNLV won’t touch a coach if their flaw is a recent scandal on his Wikipedia entry.

All of that means that the flaws are going to be in W/L and/or D1 experience departments. And that means another Tony, but a Tony who doesn’t bring the Fratitas to the table.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

Nope, but it doesn't mean you have to keep paying this guy for these results either..

He's out at the end of the year...

It's a mute point...

If CTS isn't fired then we know the Ferrittas have UNLV by the balls and they are using the football program as their personal vassal.

They basically handpicked CTS in exchange for the facility, no?
Sure. And it was a hell of a deal when you think about it. UNLV sacrificed 5 years of a program that is and always has been a nothing for base pay to secure a building they need but cannot come close to securing themselves.

But that’s over and done with. That part of the deal is expired.

Reactions: 9th_Islander
Sure. And it was a hell of a deal when you think about it. UNLV sacrificed 5 years of a program that is and always has been a nothing for base pay to secure a building they need but cannot come close to securing themselves.

But that’s over and done with. That part of the deal is expired.

Good..

Thank you Fertitta's.
Thank you Tony.

Wish the results had been better. Easy guy to root for...

Reactions: RebelMan5000
Reality check. It was great winning yesterday afternoon. But let's not get carried away. UNLV gave up 564 yards even though they intercepted 4 passes and recovered 1 fumble. That is 5 turnovers. Without those turnovers, the game probably would have been a blow out in favor of SJSU. God knows how many total yards they would have gained without those turnovers.

There has not been one iota of improvement in the defense in the last five years.

Does he get fired before the Reno game but stays to coach it? Could we hear something today or tomorrow?

Lol what would be the point in firing him this week Vs next Sunday morning. That would just be a dick move, let him have his last week in peace.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Reality check. It was great winning yesterday afternoon. But let's not get carried away. UNLV gave up 564 yards even though they intercepted 4 passes and recovered 1 fumble. That is 5 turnovers. Without those turnovers, the game probably would have been a blow out in favor of SJSU. God knows how many total yards they would have gained without those turnovers.

There has not been one iota of improvement in the defense in the last five years.

The Hawaii performance was solid.

Defense played well vs Vandy and SDSU but those are two very anemic offenses.

SJSU moved the ball at will..

As happy as I was to see Sam Boyd end with a win, that game was very close to UNLV losing in the most UNLV way possible...

Lol what would be the point in firing him this week Vs next Sunday morning. That would just be a dick move, let him have his last week in peace.

Yeah.

If he is in fact out, you let him finish the season.

If he beats Reno give him a day or two celebrate with his guys.

If they lose you announce the next day...

That is unless of course he's not going anywhere..

Which you never know...

Think about it … our highest rated incoming class ever … if we beat UNR, a winning streak, a very positive note, possibly knocking TWO teams out of a bowl and one of them would be on the road. I mean, come on, be fair, don’t be part of the hatorade crew. An extension would be EARNED.

DON’T HATE, CELEBRATE!

You should be the target of a Zero Dark Thirty type op...

Reactions: RebelinWA

UNLV during the second half of the season has been "trending" toward ending up in the top 100 in defensive efficiency for just the second time since 2007 (I think 2013 was the other).

Even yesterday with SJSU scoring 35 the Rebels inched up from 101 to 99.

No, that isn't a lot but maybe it is "one iota".

UNLV during the second half of the season has been "trending" toward ending up in the top 100 in defensive efficiency for just the second time since 2007 (I think 2013 was the other).

Even yesterday with SJSU scoring 35 the Rebels inched up from 101 to 99.

No, that isn't a lot but maybe it is "one iota".

108 in scoring defense at 33 points per game...

They've shaved 4 ppg off from last year...

I guess if we looking for growth there's an example of it...

As happy as I was to see Sam Boyd end with a win, that game was very close to UNLV losing in the most UNLV way possible...
He wanted Tark out.
He’s not going to root for the success of a football coach. That would mean that less people would attend his physics exhibits.

He wanted Tark out.
He’s not going to root for the success of a football coach. That would mean that less people would attend his physics exhibits.
No doubt.

That said, given the long, long list of coaches at UNLV, he’s only criticized two. Tark and now Sanchez. He’s a free pass softie. Tark should have had a lifetime free pass…

Coast with whoever you want. It doesn't matter. They most likely get fired after 3 crappy seasons or they get plucked to a Power 5 school for a pair of back to back .500 seasons.

Hows that for negativity?

Reactions: Rebel_Luv
By the way, UNLV football getting lots of mentions on Minneapolis sports radio lately. It is more of a punch line to a joke though. The mentions are jokes about Vic V. going to be the savior for the mn gophers at qb a couple years ago.

Does show how things can change quickly, 2 years ago, mn gophers hoping vic as the savior, to now being top 10 team. All points to most important position in college football is head coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT