ADVERTISEMENT

first week in a long time where i really didn't like the set

I like the "Las Vegas" on the front of the helmet. They've used Rebels on the front as well but, prefer the Las Vegas. They've had the Welcome to LV sign on the back but it says Las Vegas on it. The welcome sign with UNLV on it would be cool.
I wish they kept the welcome sign, and Vegas strong somewhere on the uniform.

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
Maybe a little Cannon logo on the side perhaps? Just for the Reno game?
Still the ballsiest move by Sanchez...and then we blew a 28 point lead on the road? or was it 21. Regardless those were terrific. We should wear those ever Reno game.

Or just put a red Las Vegas on the helmet. Reno is too much sh*t for them to be proud of where their school is, but we'll stick Las Vegas as prominent as it deserves.

Still the ballsiest move by Sanchez...and then we blew a 28 point lead on the road? or was it 21. Regardless those were terrific. We should wear those ever Reno game.

Or just put a red Las Vegas on the helmet. Reno is too much sh*t for them to be proud of where their school is, but we'll stick Las Vegas as prominent as it deserves.

It was Hauck and the first time they introduced the concrete gray. It was a home game.

The rest of that tragic story was true.

I've always thought a cool tradition would be to have a red and a blue version of the state flag. UNLV wins all government buildings in State including Reno University must fly the red version for a year. Or do the winner of the governors cup thing (are they still doing that?)

Wanna be petty with Reno? Write out University of Nevada Las Vegas, heavily emphasize the NEVADA part. Or just “NEVADA” across the helmet, Las Vegas in small font far below it.

If you want to be petty. They get pissed off about crap like that. I still loved when the students accidentally turned the cannon into toothpicks. Their reaction as if we burned the American flag right in front of a bunch of MAGAS or the Bible in front of the Vatican was absolutely hilarious.

Reactions: dcut03
It was Hauck and the first time they introduced the concrete gray. It was a home game.

The rest of that tragic story was true.

I've always thought a cool tradition would be to have a red and a blue version of the state flag. UNLV wins all government buildings in State including Reno University must fly the red version for a year. Or do the winner of the governors cup thing (are they still doing that?)
I was watching on game tracker. It was Hauck. My memory has faded. Booooo

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Wanna be petty with Reno? Write out University of Nevada Las Vegas, heavily emphasize the NEVADA part. Or just “NEVADA” across the helmet, Las Vegas in small font far below it.

If you want to be petty. They get pissed off about crap like that. I still loved when the students accidentally turned the cannon into toothpicks. Their reaction as if we burned the American flag right in front of a bunch of MAGAS or the Bible in front of the Vatican was absolutely hilarious.
I thought the same thing. Just go with a red Nevada across the helmet and front of the jersey. Damn that would be hilarious.

I don't know why they got rid of the "Las Vegas" strip on the side of the pants.
Because that was Sanchez's thing I believe and Arroyo wanted his own twist on uniforms.

I've always said this ever since they came out with that stupid battle born chrome helmet in like 2010. F them, we are also the University of Nevada, we just like our city. Chrome dome with a Giant Red "N" in their stupid font. Nevada across the front of the Jersey with Las Vegas below it.. etc.. Just rub it in their inferiority complex faces..

Reactions: j. spilotro
I brought this subject up,but yes it didn't look that bad on TV, still don't think it looked good. Red helmets would have been better.

How about this.

the
NEVADA
that people actually know
I don't know guys. Maybe a throwback Uni.... :)

Nevada
SOUTHERN

Edit - not particularly funny? I chuckled.

Last edited:

I'd like to see Vegas on the side of the helmets.
Since it's t is the 50th battle for the cannon, maybe wear all red for the reno game with NEVADA on helmets & unis.

I don't know guys. Maybe a throwback Uni.... :)

Nevada
SOUTHERN

Edit - not particularly funny? I chuckled.
No Problem, does that mean we need to call you all WACSS Aggies? Or how about College of Washington...i mean you've only been Washington State for like 6 more years than we've been UNLV and only a university for the same stretch. Do you guys have any Washington Agricultural College and School of Science uniforms?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: goraphareb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT