ADVERTISEMENT

First time in a long while

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
that I’ve had a little adrenaline pumping through me, a little bit of that nervous pre-game adrenaline before the actual game day. It has nothing to do with Southwest Florida Panhandle State A&T.

BYU is down. I don’t care if they are up or down, I always want to see them lose and if we are the ones to do it, even better..... a chance to get to that ever elusive .500 - obviously shouldn’t be a major feat, but you have to consider our program..... a win puts us well positioned for a bowl game - yeah, it’ll be a weak bowl, but again, you gotta keep things in context with our history..... UNLV football having life near Thanksgiving? It’s been awhile. I’m more pumped than I thought I would be.

Let’s face it, UNLV in many respects was fortunate. Unlucky and stupid that we are in our current position with two major debacles, but lucky in that the schedule is, well, let’s just say very favorable. One really good team (OSU), one good team (SDSU) a decent team and quite a few poor teams. And we caught UNM in a really bad year, BYU in a really bad year and UNR in a really bad year. So overall, it’s a “bowl friendly” schedule for sure. It’s nice to (hopefully) see UNLV take advantage of it instead of crapping the bed.

When you think about it, the potential for UNLV football and UNLV basketball to have eerily similar types of seasons (very weak schedule, no wins over ranked teams, middle of weaker conference, will tally enough wins for a low level post season) are quite high. It won’t resonate outside area code 702, but at least it’s enough to keep you interested and gives you something to build upon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News