ADVERTISEMENT

FCS (1AA) College Football Today Top 25

Well, thankfully Praire View A&M isn't on the list. Then again, Howard was never in the Top 25 either. I don't want to keep talking about it, but that was just one of the most disappointing days of my life. If all we do this year is just win the games we are supposed to win, I will view that as significant growth. That means no FCS losses, no blowing 21 point leads in the second half, and no losing to a 2 win reno. I am so optimistic about this season, but I am trying to keep those feelings in check.

It helps if I watch last years games on YouTube. There were some shining moments and some agonizing ones too. All in all, I've got a good feeling about this season in my Rebel bones, but I'm trying not to be carelessly optimistic so I don't feel like weeping half the season like last year.

Well, thankfully Praire View A&M isn't on the list. Then again, Howard was never in the Top 25 either. I don't want to keep talking about it, but that was just one of the most disappointing days of my life. If all we do this year is just win the games we are supposed to win, I will view that as significant growth. That means no FCS losses, no blowing 21 point leads in the second half, and no losing to a 2 win reno. I am so optimistic about this season, but I am trying to keep those feelings in check.

It helps if I watch last years games on YouTube. There were some shining moments and some agonizing ones too. All in all, I've got a good feeling about this season in my Rebel bones, but I'm trying not to be carelessly optimistic so I don't feel like weeping half the season like last year.
I feel your pain. A 5-7 season could have easily been an 8-4 season. SMDH so frustrating still

I expect UNLV to go to a bowl game next year, and anything below a 6-6 season would be considered a total failure. Personally I expect they will win 7-8 games but could do better if some of the key defensive players could turn the defense around and make them an average or better defensive unit. Please no more head scratching loses like last season!

I expect UNLV to go to a bowl game next year, and anything below a 6-6 season would be considered a total failure. Personally I expect they will win 7-8 games but could do better if some of the key defensive players could turn the defense around and make them an average or better defensive unit. Please no more head scratching loses like last season!
Yeah, looking at the schedule, it’s incredibly favorable. I can’t see less than 7 wins unless there are some critical injuries. The defense doesn’t need to be great for 7 wins, but they need to be a step above the God awful that they were last season. I think the offense is going to put a ton of pressure on the opposition. A few very strong weapons in the backfield that should open up some good passing opportunities. Hopefully the expectation that Armani naturally improves is met, he can get through the progressions a little more quickly, be a little more consistent with that tosses.... I think we’ll be able to put up some points.

Agreed y'all.IF....the passing game picks up and the D steps up we should be in good shape. The 3 toughest games will be USC, ASU (Ark) and SDSU. The rest are very winnable. This could be the season we have been waiting for - for a very long time!

One scenario I am looking for is for the opponents to focus on run defense and then we get behind them for some monster plays....

Reactions: j. spilotro
Agreed y'all.IF....the passing game picks up and the D steps up we should be in good shape. The 3 toughest games will be USC, ASU (Ark) and SDSU. The rest are very winnable. This could be the season we have been waiting for - for a very long time!

One scenario I am looking for is for the opponents to focus on run defense and then we get behind them for some monster plays....
I think Fresno will be a tough game, too. USU, as well. But winnable.

I think Fresno will be a tough game, too. USU, as well. But winnable.

The big question is how much those 2 programs improved versus the Rebels. I have not put them under the microscope. If someone has like you or Rebel1986 has, I would love to see the post.

Has the negative posters left or have I blocked them all???

I'm not negative, but I'll provide a not so positive outlook: Losing to teams like BYU and Reno last year just showed a mental immaturity. They will have to prove they can close inferior teams out before I'll drink the cool aid. That, and Rogers needs to be more accurate. I see 6-6 this year.

I'm not negative, but I'll provide a not so positive outlook: Losing to teams like BYU and Reno last year just showed a mental immaturity. They will have to prove they can close inferior teams out before I'll drink the cool aid. That, and Rogers needs to be more accurate. I see 6-6 this year.
That disconnect is concerning - you see a fired up Sanchez on the sideline, you know he’s not taking anything lightly or for granted. And while most expect teams to take on the personality of the head coach, we haven’t seen it. We’ve sleepwalked and played uninspired much of the time, even when everything is on the line.

Since UNLV has won more than 6 games only 3 times in the last 30 seasons, Im not prediciting a 7 win season, Im in the wait and see mode.
I understand that completely. But looking what we have returning and the overall schedule, there’s no way it should be a sub 500 season. At all (unless significant injuries). Have to love the offensive backfield, I think many are discounting Charles Williams because we saw him for only a dozen plays last season before he got hurt. The kid is good, I like him as much as Lex and I love the way Lex runs. And then you still have Campbell. It’s a very good MWC backfield.

Reactions: colonelreb
That disconnect is concerning - you see a fired up Sanchez on the sideline, you know he’s not taking anything lightly or for granted. And while most expect teams to take on the personality of the head coach, we haven’t seen it. We’ve sleepwalked and played uninspired much of the time, even when everything is on the line.

Exactly. I don't ever see a lack of effort by the coaches, or even the administration for that matter. Everyone wants to do what it takes to win, right down to the redshirts. It just isn't that easy. But the process is on track. Looking at it strictly from a mathematical viewpoint, here is how it should play out:
2014= 2 wins
2015= 3
2016= 4
2017= 5
2018= 6
See? you don't even need to predict which games they'll win! The over/under is 6.6. I'm taking the under!

We have a good balance of upper class men and quality lower class that can contribute. I believe we have the most complete line up in a long time. We have a strong chance to break 7 games and it’s not wishful thinking just by what we have coming in and what we know players can bring in. It will be a bonus to see if there are some new players that can shock us with their contribution. So I say 7-5 is our final record

Reactions: colonelreb
Yeah, looking at the schedule, it’s incredibly favorable. I can’t see less than 7 wins unless there are some critical injuries. The defense doesn’t need to be great for 7 wins, but they need to be a step above the God awful that they were last season. I think the offense is going to put a ton of pressure on the opposition. A few very strong weapons in the backfield that should open up some good passing opportunities. Hopefully the expectation that Armani naturally improves is met, he can get through the progressions a little more quickly, be a little more consistent with that tosses.... I think we’ll be able to put up some points.
I see that as possible. I will look at 6 wins as the expectation and anything above that as gravy. Despite two of the worst losses in recent memory last year I still remain positive on the outlook of the program and Sanchez. Really curious how things play out in the long run, meaning when the stadium opens and if that helps attendance and recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT