ADVERTISEMENT

Excited for the game!

joestrow

6th man
Dec 16, 2011
I've been really happy with how the Rebs are looking this year (all things considered). The kids look like they are working their tales off and I love to see Menzies coaching them individually while they are waiting to sub in/out. Wish there was more "buzz" around the program, but I understand the fact that not a ton of people want to support unless we are borderline top 25. I don't like that mentality, but understand it.

Still deciding on my favorite player this season:

Year 1 of rice it was Moser
Rice year 2: Bennett
Rice year 3: Birch
Rice year 4: Mccaw
Rice year 4.5: Mccaw
Menzies year 1: Mooring? Green? Baxter?

Enjoy the game tonight fellow Rebels. Hoping to send Leon home with a big fat L.

If anyone has a link to a stream, would be awesome. Out of town for the game.

Reactions: Rebel Chi-girl
I turned it off at the half. 20 points in the 1st half. Didn't come ready to play.

UNLV is going to continue to be up for one game and down for the next, and win some and lose some. When all is over they will most likely win about half of their games which is what we always expected based on an entire new team. It will take 2-3 years to put all the pieces back together that Rice and TKM tore apart.

I don't see any more road wins this year and maybe 1-3 home wins.

You don't think San Jose St is a winnable road game? And 3 home wins is an over-reaction to the horrendous showing vs Boise St.

They will not play that badly again. I agree that .500 is about where we will land.

dribbling-smiley-emoticon.gif

Go Rebels!

I'm not confident about any road OR home game this year. It's not a time for confidence. I honestly think that it's an "any given night" kind of a team that could possibly age like a fine wine ....which is part of the reason why this specific team is fun to watch. I think that we have the potential to lose to SJSU by 25 points and turn around and beat Nevada or SDSU by 20 points (I know that's not the schedule but you get my point) The odds don't interest me. I watched us have 20+ turnovers at home vs SIU, lose to South Alabama.... but beat #3 Kansas in the 2nd half .... this seems like a team and a crazy enough situation where we could do some real damage in the MW tourney if the wind blows the right way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT