ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Rice Davis on Barry Odom future at UNLV

I stopped listening after they suggested the best thing for him to do was go to Boise or San Diego St...
How about maybe we turn into the next Boise rather than continue to pump up artificially a program that realistically hasn't been nationally relevant for a decade despite having good runs in conference... those Fiesta Bowl days are a long time gone...

I stopped listening after they suggested the best thing for him to do was go to Boise or San Diego St...
How about maybe we turn into the next Boise rather than continue to pump up artificially a program that realistically hasn't been nationally relevant for a decade despite having good runs in conference... those Fiesta Bowl days are a long time gone...

I mean good lord they may as well have said..

'Great job by Barry Odom, he needs to get out of that crap hole as quickly as possible'..

That was a gawdawful take. Leave for a program that have historically paid less money than you are currently, to two teams that you are already out recruiting for next year. Neither team has a leg up on possible power conference inclusion.

I don't know if that guy is the analytics guy, but I know ESPN's power ranking has Boise well above us right now. They have us in the 40's or 50's right now.

Mississippi state? Sure, Boise or San Diego? uh, no.

Dude clearly hasn’t done his homework. If he knew our facilities, upswing of Vegas sports, comparison to SDSU (and rest of MWC), Odom is in a good spot and doesn’t need to leave except for a better job out of conference. SDSU is not a step up, at best a lateral move.

Dude clearly hasn’t done his homework. If he knew our facilities, upswing of Vegas sports, comparison to SDSU (and rest of MWC), Odom is in a good spot and doesn’t need to leave except for a better job out of conference. SDSU is not a step up, at best a lateral move.
it without question a step down. They are not TOP 25 anymore. Look how much attention Odom is getting imagine if we won the FSU game. I have said this before EVERYONE wants to come to Vegas to cover FB now we are providing something to come to .Things are only going to get better. Unless we screw it up. Which is a possibility. If we can even take a next step NEXT year by dominating our conference next year the POWER 5 has to be taking a 2nd look. Vegas has to much to offer and "WITH" a winning program its a no brainer.

it without question a step down. They are not TOP 25 anymore. Look how much attention Odom is getting imagine if we won the FSU game. I have said this before EVERYONE wants to come to Vegas to cover FB now we are providing something to come to .Things are only going to get better. Unless we screw it up. Which is a possibility. If we can even take a next step NEXT year by dominating our conference next year the POWER 5 has to be taking a 2nd look. Vegas has to much to offer and "WITH" a winning program its a no brainer.
I total agree. UNLV is on the fringe of being in the top 25 while SDSU is near the bottom 25, and BSU is in the 50-60 range. UNLV has far better facilities in comparison to those two schools, a much bigger upside, and the ability to pay more to the coach staff than either of those two schools.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
If Boise was a program in better position they would've already been offered a Big 12 invite. Boise doesn't bring anything to the table and it's been almost a decade since they made a splash nationally as a G5. Sure, they've had a ton of success in conference, they've got a lot of advantages especially with the added $$ they get, but realistically UNLV is a better job with a decent future.

Reactions: 220reb
If Boise was a program in better position they would've already been offered a Big 12 invite. Boise doesn't bring anything to the table and it's been almost a decade since they made a splash nationally as a G5. Sure, they've had a ton of success in conference, they've got a lot of advantages especially with the added $$ they get, but realistically UNLV is a better job with a decent future.
Boise small market, big thing how many sports they don't have. Agreed BSU is no longer best MWC team, Fresno been better last 4 yrs. There time is up.

UNLV should be best MWC, just needed a coach to lead them. Got to pony money up to Odom and staff, and new basketball coach. KK doesn't even deserve his salary now!

UNLV need to beat San Jose this Saturday. Then host the MWC championship and win that. Play into the LA bowl vs either USC or UCLA. We beat them. My family and I will be in attendance .

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I will visit Bull Tailgating if he have one at the LA Bowl. Anybody bringing the Mac Crack?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT