ADVERTISEMENT

Elite Recruits Question

jdlr33

Lottery Pick
Nov 28, 2002
Curious about the board's opinion - in the new landscape of NIL $$ - do we still have a realistic shot at a guy like this?

pub

• Haha
Reactions: RebelScrub
There seems to be extremely little knowledge about our NIL$. How much is available for all sports? For basketball and Football? How does it stack up against the Conference? Nationally?

Then what do other teams have and how do they stack up? Then there are intangibles. Does the player want to come here for some reason beyond money ( family, girlfriend, competitive advantage ???)

Until we know some of this I don't think there is any way to factually discuss what we should do. It will just be the usual 10 guys blowing smoke. And that isn't bad. It's just that we won't get anything worth more than a jaw session.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Curious about the board's opinion - in the new landscape of NIL $$ - do we still have a realistic shot at a guy like this?

pub
With the landscape now as it is … I don’t think UNLV can grab top 100 players out of high school, whether they’re local or not, unless there’s some sort of special, unique connection with the family here in Vegas …

If UCLA or Arizona really want a kid, not as a fallback … really want … no way UNLV can compete.

But the problem runs deeper. Grab a mediocre kid and develop him … loyalty is trumped by dollars. All able to be poached. I think that concerns me more than the initial issues.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT