ADVERTISEMENT

Offer Deonte DJ Johnson

Let me see? We have no chance to get a players like this because he gets offers from schools like Utah, Cal, UCLA, etc. Wait a minute! Didn't Armani Rogers have offers from UCLA, Cal, Utah, etc......

I guess we have no chance to ever get Armain to commit to UNLV. That is without even breaking ground on a new training facility or stadium.

YES! UNLV can and will recruit players of this level.

YES! Sanchez and staff will start winning more and more of these battles.

The point I'm trying to make is that virtually all (99%) of four and five star recruits go to P5 programs.

Who said they didn't?

If we get new facilities our chances of keeping top local talent increases. The next 2 years Vegas high schools will produce some of their strongest classes.

If the new stadium does get the green light, that will increase our ability to recruit higher ranked recruits.

I would not be surprised at all with just the addition of the new practice facility to see coach Sanchez getting a top local recruit to stay home.

The point I'm trying to make is that virtually all (99%) of four and five star recruits go to P5 programs.
5al2zs.jpg

Who said they didn't?

If we get new facilities our chances of keeping top local talent increases. The next 2 years Vegas high schools will produce some of their strongest classes.

If the new stadium does get the green light, that will increase our ability to recruit higher ranked recruits.

I would not be surprised at all with just the addition of the new practice facility to see coach Sanchez getting a top local recruit to stay home.
Both of these players we offered are four star recruits. They will both wind up in the Pac-12.

Both of these players we offered are four star recruits. They will both wind up in the Pac-12.

Again who said they wouldn't?

The football board is far less delusional than the Tark board.

Example, last year most football posters predicted 2-4 wins. This year most would probably say 5-7 wins.

The expectations on the football board are far more realistic vs what you see on the basketball boards.

Nobody on here expects us to land any of these 4/5* kids right now. We are happy that we are at least offering kids and getting our name out there.

Differing points of view are great, and we actually have some really good discussion and debate on this forum.

You pointing out we aren't going to land these kids falls into the 'No S..t' category.

We already have a wet blanket guy, not looking for another one.

Last edited:
Reactions: LasVegasReb
Again who said they wouldn't?

The football board is far less delusional than the Tark board.

Example, last year most football posters predicted 2-4 wins. This year most would probably say 5-7 wins.

The expectations on the football board are far more realistic vs what you see on the basketball boards.

Nobody on here expects us to land any of these 4/5* kids right now. We are happy that we are at least offering kids and getting our name out there.

Differing points of view are great, and we actually have some really good discussion and debate on this forum.

You pointing out we aren't going to land these kids falls into the 'No S..t' category.

We already have a wet blanket guy, not looking for another one.
This board will also be getting moderated a lot more stringently than the Tark board. As Bull points out we have very civil discussions here. Even the one who likes to sell us doom and gloom is very civil and informative in his posts. He's more than welcome and encouraged to keep posting here.
On the flip side, anyone who wants to come here and make every thread the same argument while toeing the line of constantly attacking others will feel very uncomfortable here (by me moderating or deleting posts). I'm not saying you've necessarily done it but when you copy and paste one post and use it in another thread you're, in a sense, toeing the line with our tolerance.

Coach Sanchez and staff expect to pick up both these kids.

Only people with a losers mentality would think we are waisting our time offering these kids. This is the New Era of Rebel football and it has no place for people who think like a loser.
When schools like USC really want a kid, we aren't beating them for that player. You can call it a loser mentality, but it's realistic.

When schools like USC really want a kid, we aren't beating them for that player. You can call it a loser mentality, but it's realistic.
Look at the reality of what was accomplished last recruiting season before you start spewing your ignorance. Seriously, do yourself a favor..., and wake up to the new reality.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
More three stars in this class than any prior year is also a reality. That is an improvement.

I really don't understand your need to point out the obvious.

You do not add anything in the way of discussion. Your takes and opinions routinely get shot full of holes.

Not one person said 'We are going to get this 4* or 5* kid' Yet you felt compelled to point out we had no chance at getting them. Followed it up with some snarky comment about a kid that had not yet been rated, because you don't understand how the ratings are formulated.

You are like that aunt in the family that is always the first one to call and give bad news. Only happy when there is drama.

UNLV is finally making the commitment to football they should have made a long time ago. You can feel a change surrounding the program. People are excited about finally having the ability to follow the recruiting process. It makes people feel connected to the program.

Nobody on here is overly optimistic or kidding themselves about where the football program stands. They are however excited about the direction football is heading.

Ask anybody on here and most would agree we are still two or three seasons away from truly contending for a conference title.

Folks are excited about the future, so why continue harping on the past. Its tired.

I'm not a troll. I think we're improving. However, I think we're wasting our time going after players who will wind up playing for upper half PAC-12 programs.

I'm not a troll. I think we're improving. However, I think we're wasting our time going after players who will wind up playing for upper half PAC-12 programs.
Answer this.. Are you staying on topic or deviating this thread about the player?

If you reply back with anything other than discussing the pros and cons of this individual player's abilities (and not how we can't recruit with the P5) I will be giving you one week to be alone with your thoughts (and not post here). If you utter "it's not fair" or "we have free speech" I'll give you that one week vacation as well.

Your choice.

Reactions: RebelinWA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT