ADVERTISEMENT

Decker

DocRebel

Lottery Pick
Aug 9, 2003
If he's dressed on the sideline then he needs to play. He's a senior with a limited number of games left and he needs to be on the field whether he's 75% or 100%.

The inabilities of Palandech are more prevalent than what is needed to win winnable games. It's like trying to force a square peg in a round hole. Cotton becomes more conservative and uncreative with his play calling with Palandech running the offense, which doesn't necessarily help the matter either.

What's strange to me is in the pregame interview on the radio Sanchez said Decker would be getting in for this game for at least a couple of series, but then he never did. Instead the coaches just yelled at Palandech all game.

The last 2 games have had to be equally frustrating for Decker as well.

On tv you could see Decker on the sideline with a sick to his stomach look on his face as he watched KP pretty much all but ruin his last year of football. If im a senior KP better not even speak to me after these past 2 games actually 2.5 because he didnt do shit against reno either.

I agree. I would have put him in the OT of the San Jose game. He has the experience and composure in pressure situations. Even if he didn't pass, he could have executed the run play or handoff more effectively. I can't help but wonder if his injury is more serious than Sanchez is saying. I don't understand not getting him in the game, just to get some reps, if nothing else. He is gonna be awful rusty for the Boise State game after 5 weeks off.

It leads to a lot of questions.

Is the Decker injury worse than Sanchez is letting on?

Did Decker not show well in practice this week?

Has the staff behind closed doors, decided to stick with Palandech and see what they have heading into next year.

I thought Palandech took to much heat for the SJSU loss. Lots of drops by receivers were the bigger issue. This week his performance deserves a lot of criticism.

Reactions: RebelBuzz
I am not so sure if this KP experiment isnt entirely planned. I think the loss against San Jose pretty much cemented our season. This season is fully now KP's use to get accustomed to leading the team.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
I think KP starting next year depends on a lot on this staff landing a Mid Year JUCO QB for this class and the development of Sneed this off-season. KP also will have longer in the system and a decent amount of game experience this year to build on during winter workouts spring ball.

On the Reb Zone tonight, Sanchez essentially said that against BSU, expect to see Decker with the start and Kurt to be used as a change-of-pace guy for a few possessions.

This is the ideal use for KP, in my opinion. Especially since he has had so many snaps this season, I think he can come in, feel comfortable, and make some plays with his feet. But if teams totally sell out on the run, a well timed PA pass or rollout could lead to big passing yards too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT