ADVERTISEMENT

DC Rumors/Spec?

LocoRebel

Retired Number
Apr 7, 2011
Anybody seeing or hearing anything about possible DC candidates? That's the one area where I have seen nothing. Of all the Arrigo tweets, he mentions Kenwick Thompson as LB/Run Game Coordinator.

Damazu (Safeties) and Watson (CB) are both super green, first-time full-time non-GA coaches.

Having looked at Thompson's DC status at ECU, he had pretty abysmal numbers. Teams in 3 years that gave up 70 multiple times, and 60 like 4+ times a year. Even in wins, his teams were giving up nearly 40 points a game for the most part. Can't imagine he is this DC.

DL coach? Not typically thought of as DC, but entirely possible. Also not really a clear picture of who is coming in on that front.

Not seen this name out there at all, but how would getting Ruffin McNeil go? Currently at Oklahoma as AHC and OLB, has also been DT (2017-2018) and Interim DC at Oklahoma. Previously DL and AHC at Virginia in 2016. In 2010-2015 he was head man at ECU, 43-34 overall with two 8-5 seasons and a 10-3 season. Spent a decade at TTU in various DL/LB/DC/ST capacities. Before that?

Fresno State DC, and 1997-1998 UNLV DC/AHC.

He currently makes $570k at Oklahoma.

No idea if he is in contention for DL/DC position, but that would be great imo if it happened.

I have no problem with Ruffin. Thought he was decent when he was here which, when you consider all the indecency that's been through here since, may be a pretty good compliment. And he's had some good experience since then.

Yeah, not too much on the Defensive coaches yet. 2 very young coaches in the secondary. With CMA running the offense we sure could use an experienced DC.

I think Ruffin might be out of our league. Unless Oklahoma is pushing him out I don't see it. Him and Lincoln are close and he's making $570k to coach the Outside Linebackers. Not the Inside Linebackers, just the Outside ones.

I hope we have $600k for a DC but I wouldn't bet on it. Maybe all that Dunn money will go towards a DC now if it's true we're not hiring an OC.

Anybody seeing or hearing anything about possible DC candidates? That's the one area where I have seen nothing. Of all the Arrigo tweets, he mentions Kenwick Thompson as LB/Run Game Coordinator.

Damazu (Safeties) and Watson (CB) are both super green, first-time full-time non-GA coaches.

Having looked at Thompson's DC status at ECU, he had pretty abysmal numbers. Teams in 3 years that gave up 70 multiple times, and 60 like 4+ times a year. Even in wins, his teams were giving up nearly 40 points a game for the most part. Can't imagine he is this DC.

DL coach? Not typically thought of as DC, but entirely possible. Also not really a clear picture of who is coming in on that front.

Not seen this name out there at all, but how would getting Ruffin McNeil go? Currently at Oklahoma as AHC and OLB, has also been DT (2017-2018) and Interim DC at Oklahoma. Previously DL and AHC at Virginia in 2016. In 2010-2015 he was head man at ECU, 43-34 overall with two 8-5 seasons and a 10-3 season. Spent a decade at TTU in various DL/LB/DC/ST capacities. Before that?

Fresno State DC, and 1997-1998 UNLV DC/AHC.

He currently makes $570k at Oklahoma.

No idea if he is in contention for DL/DC position, but that would be great imo if it happened.
I honestly thought his name might pop up as a HC candidate. Never heard it.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
After yesterday's (and today's) news of probable Rocky Long stepping down (press conference at SDSU in two hours as I type this).... it's pretty much a "not gonna happen" but that would be ideal. Pay the man a little less than he made at SDSU as head coach to be our DC. Wouldn't it be nice...

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
After yesterday's (and today's) news of probable Rocky Long stepping down (press conference at SDSU in two hours as I type this).... it's pretty much a "not gonna happen" but that would be ideal. Pay the man a little less than he made at SDSU as head coach to be our DC. Wouldn't it be nice...

One can dream...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT