ADVERTISEMENT

DB - Jeremiah Vessel

Curious why he didn't get a lot of play time as a freshman who had a large number of offers. Offers from Arizona State, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Liberty, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, Memphis, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Pittsburgh, SMU, Tulane, Virginia, and he picks NM State?

What is the story did he end up redshirting the rest of his freshman year? From what I can read, it appears he has 4 years of eligibility left.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Curious why he didn't get a lot of play time as a freshman who had a large number of offers. Offers from Arizona State, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Liberty, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, Memphis, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Pittsburgh, SMU, Tulane, Virginia, and he picks NM State?

What is the story did he end up redshirting the rest of his freshman year? From what I can read, it appears he has 4 years of eligibility left.
That's what I was wondering too. Seems odd if he truly had all of those offers, then chose NMSU.

I looked on the transfer portal for New Mexico State and it listed 24 players leaving. Jerry Kill stepped down as head coach and Sanchez is going to take over the team, so it is likely that Vessel had a connection to either the coach or a member of his staff.

From what I could find Jerry Kill stepped down on December 23, 2023 and Vessel entered the transfer portal the same day.

Well a lot of offers aren't actually "redeemable" when it comes time to sign. Also not saying its what happened in this kids case but now with the portal why not go play a year where you can get PT as a freshman (he obviously didnt) then transfer up to one of those schools that maybe didnt really have a scholly for him on signing day but said we will next year.

Well a lot of offers aren't actually "redeemable" when it comes time to sign. Also not saying its what happened in this kids case but now with the portal why not go play a year where you can get PT as a freshman (he obviously didnt) then transfer up to one of those schools that maybe didnt really have a scholly for him on signing day but said we will next year.
First sentence is the key to it all. Lots of kids get offers from big name schools, but they'll only be a take once 5 other players at the at position from HS and 3 transfers decline them. Its a reason why we were able to get some of our commits to sign in 2024 actually.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT