ADVERTISEMENT

Dayton Flyers vs UNLV logos..

We’re getting beat by a Mongolian dude. He’s a freakin beast!!

No wonder he’s a beast. Probably grew up eating yak.

I bet he owns a pet eagle that hunts wolves. Mongolian dudes are bad ass. China built a wall to keep them out.

About the game, our midget shooter misses back to back open 3’s. He’s pretty awful.

I bet he owns a pet eagle that hunts wolves. Mongolian dudes are bad ass. China built a wall to keep them out.

About the game, our midget shooter misses back to back open 3’s. He’s pretty awful.
The only way he can shoot earlier and the clock is for him to shoot at the inbounds.

Wow. Great unlv defense and hustle wins a game that looked like we would lose by 20 in the first half. Rebel closing out the game has horrid with a bunch of turnovers, stupid fouls, and missed free throws.

Love the moxie and mental toughness of this group. They kept playing great defense even when they trailed by a dozen and now they learned as long as they do that they can keep the game within reach until the offense gets going. I think Dayton lost a step in the second half due to the constant defensive pressure and couldn't keep up with us in scrapping for rebounds and loose balls. Great showing for the team! We need another big though.

Love the moxie and mental toughness of this group. They kept playing great defense even when they trailed by a dozen and now they learned as long as they do that they can keep the game within reach until the offense gets going. I think Dayton lost a step in the second half due to the constant defensive pressure and couldn't keep up with us in scrapping for rebounds and loose balls. Great showing for the team! We need another big though.
Cottrell is rehabbing. If he is good to go, we could be dangerous for a lot of teams. Harkless and the other transfers are showing us what real D1 guards look like.

Cottrell is rehabbing. If he is good to go, we could be dangerous for a lot of teams. Harkless and the other transfers are showing us what real D1 guards look like.
Twitter says Cottrell is hoping to be back after the thanksgiving break. I also noticed last night he was not in any walking boot.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Yikes..cbs jinx strikes again..memphis and St. Louis in a barn burner. Penny getting outclassed.
That was actually a pretty good game at the end. Memphis' defense was great and St. Louis couldn't do much to stop Memphis either. Granted, St Louis held on, but they went from a 12 point lead to a 2 point lead in like 45 seconds. Gritty for St. Louis to hold on, but without seeing the rest of the game, it appeared as though Memphis was the better team.

Reactions: RebelScrub
Harkless was huge last night. He's definitely going to be a primary scorer for us. I love the pressure defense that the team plays, but he and Gilbert need to play a bit smarter at times. They both had some dumb fouls at the end that stopped the clock and gave Dayton free throws, while also having both of them foul out. Thankfully we didn't give up the lead and go into OT, because we would have been screwed. We need those guys in the game.

Reactions: Trax0r
Wow. Great unlv defense and hustle wins a game that looked like we would lose by 20 in the first half. Rebel closing out the game has horrid with a bunch of turnovers, stupid fouls, and missed free throws.
Harkless was huge last night. He's definitely going to be a primary scorer for us. I love the pressure defense that the team plays, but he and Gilbert need to play a bit smarter at times. They both had some dumb fouls at the end that stopped the clock and gave Dayton free throws, while also having both of them foul out. Thankfully we didn't give up the lead and go into OT, because we would have been screwed. We need those guys in the game.
I think the double technical was the game defining moment.

Harkless ain’t takin’ no crap from anyone. He got in that dude’s head and then that dude ran through him on the pick.

Dayton got rattled. They also didn’t give the ball to the Ghengis in the 2nd half. Pretty dumb by the Dayton head coach.

We’re down by 10 and then we are up by 10. If anyone doesn’t see the beauty in that, then they need to have their heads examined.

We are stacked from top to bottom.

Not impressed with the Jackie kid at all. He will probably transfer by December if he keeps shooting like that.

What I liked best is I didn’t see panic, even down 12 … they stayed true, didn’t force a lot, just remained focus. Then a big shot leads to another big shot and you stay consistent defensively, then you are right back in the thick of it.

Once that happened, they were confident and kept making the big plays.

It's earlier in the season, but I am excited to see a win over top 25! I am starting to believe Kevin Kruger is a great coach when it comes to player development and coaching players in general. Keshon Gilbert was awesome at D last year, but so far vast improvement in offense this year compared to last year. Just a sophomore and a steal as a recruit. We already know kevin is good at bringing in good experienced transfers. I'm hoping this is what Kevin is good at picking up steals in the recruiting process. That will help in picking up better recruits in the future. Also I hope and think Jackie will have some good nights shooting the threes as he settles in with this team.

It's earlier in the season, but I am excited to see a win over top 25! I am starting to believe Kevin Kruger is a great coach when it comes to player development and coaching players in general. Keshon Gilbert was awesome at D last year, but so far vast improvement in offense this year compared to last year. Just a sophomore and a steal as a recruit. We already know kevin is good at bringing in good experienced transfers. I'm hoping this is what Kevin is good at picking up steals in the recruiting process. That will help in picking up better recruits in the future. Also I hope and think Jackie will have some good nights shooting the threes as he settles in with this team.
It is called shortening the bench. Jackie had a tough game last night as Dayton was at full strength in 1st half. Injuries and fouls allowed us to come back according to Dayton papers. Sitting with Dayton fans, and they were impressed with our D1 transfers. E. J. Harkless was a star at Oklahoma last year too. I expect the offense to come for all of these guys as they loosen up on offense. Jackie was shooting too quickly and rode the bench the 2d half. This team will change a lot with Isaiah in the offense. Defense will get even tougher.

I think the double technical was the game defining moment.

Harkless ain’t takin’ no crap from anyone. He got in that dude’s head and then that dude ran through him on the pick.

Dayton got rattled. They also didn’t give the ball to the Ghengis in the 2nd half. Pretty dumb by the Dayton head coach.

We’re down by 10 and then we are up by 10. If anyone doesn’t see the beauty in that, then they need to have their heads examined.

We are stacked from top to bottom.

Not impressed with the Jackie kid at all. He will probably transfer by December if he keeps shooting like that.
He should be better on defense and he should be able to blow past a lot of defenders with his quickness. Hurling bricks like that and not being a bigger factor on defense isn't going to cut it on this team.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
What I liked best is I didn’t see panic, even down 12 … they stayed true, didn’t force a lot, just remained focus. Then a big shot leads to another big shot and you stay consistent defensively, then you are right back in the thick of it.

Once that happened, they were confident and kept making the big plays.
Think Keshon and the Dawg mentality had a lot to do with staying tough on defense. That kid is old school D

He should be better on defense and he should be able to blow past a lot of defenders with his quickness. Hurling bricks like that and not being a bigger factor on defense isn't going to cut it on this team.
H
i swear he’s like a prototype midget player that we have seen the last 7 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT